• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular opinions

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Avengers Endgame is one of the most overrated movies I have seen to date when it comes to general opinion. It's above average superhero movie and nowhere close to masterpiece as Godfather and LOTR are.
Also, MCU is really overrated franchise there are tons of franchises better than it, but I would give without any bias like 6.5 or 7 /10 as a franchise unlike many fans giving it 10/10 or 9/10.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Personally I believe The Dark Knight is one of the most overrated films of all time. Mainly because it was one of Heath Ledgers last films before he died. I theorize his death shifted how people should view his performance in the film.

I saw the film in theaters and can say it felt like an average film. I saw nothing spectacular in the film to sway my feelings either way.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Personally I believe The Dark Knight is one of the most overrated films of all time. Mainly because it was one of Heath Ledgers last films before he died. I theorize his death shifted how people should view his performance in the film.

I saw the film in theaters and can say it felt like an average film. I saw nothing spectacular in the film to sway my feelings either way.
Agree with that issue as his joker is good but i keep see his version of the joker as the Joker wannabe to me

WalesNote

I actually love listening to the same song. Over and over, and over and over, and over and over. Never get tired of it. Especially songs from Sonic.

CAN YOU SEE ALL OF ME
WALK INTO MY MYSTERIES
STEP INSIDE, AND HOLD ON FOR DELIGHT
DO YOU REMEMBER ME
CAPTURE YOU OR SET YOU FREE
I AM ALL, I AM ALL OF MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I liked Godfather 3. I think Michael Corleone got what he was owed. It was a book end to Don Vito's death. Can see why people didn't like it though.

OwensJB

Why would his death influence people's opinions of the movie when Heath wasn't even that well known before that movie? He was the best actor in the movie irregardless of his death, the other standout being Aaron Eckhart.

Leonhart

Imagineer
WishIhadaManafi5 said:
I liked Godfather 3. I think Michael Corleone got what he was owed. It was a book end to Don Vito's death. Can see why people didn't like it though.

I've only ever seen that movie once, and I personally thought it was the weakest of the trilogy. But in terms of unpopular opinions regarding that franchise, I have to admit that I don't think the series as a whole is that great. I loved the first installment, but the second and third movies just aren't my thing, and I find myself losing interest when re-watching the second movie in particular.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Avengers Endgame is one of the most overrated movies I have seen to date when it comes to general opinion. It's above average superhero movie and nowhere close to masterpiece as Godfather and LOTR are.
Also, MCU is really overrated franchise there are tons of franchises better than it, but I would give without any bias like 6.5 or 7 /10 as a franchise unlike many fans giving it 10/10 or 9/10.
It ain't better than Infinity War that's for sure

I really like the movie but I'd have to say that Batman Begins was better,great origin story on how Bruce Wayne becomes Batman.I thought the Batsuit was better in this one than in the other 2 films.Dark Knight had the Joker but Begins had Scarecrow and Ra's al Ghul who were both good.The city of Gotham looked different in first one than in the other 2 films as well it felt like it's own unique thing.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
As far as film franchises being better than the MCU I'd say it's a very short list because their franchise has been consistent considering all the films have have come out since 2008.LOTR has a case even tho I'm not a fan of the films,with Star Wars they have some great films but also have some that were average.Harry Potter was consistent the entire way through but I honestly think their ceiling was lower than the MCU's.Fast & Furious has longevity but overall never reached the level of any of these franchises.MCU takes a huge dump on the DCEU.

-Infinity War
-Endgame
-The Avengers
-Civil War
-The Winter Soldier
-Thor: Ragnarok
-Iron Man
-Guardians of the Galaxy
-Doctor Strange
-Black Panther
-The First Avenger

Last edited:

CMButch

As far as film franchises being better than the MCU I'd say it's a very short list because their franchise has been consistent considering all the films have have come out since 2008.LOTR has a case even tho I'm not a fan of the films,with Star Wars they have some great films but also have some that were average.Harry Potter was consistent the entire way through but I honestly think their ceiling was lower than the MCU's.Fast & Furious has longevity but overall never reached the level of any of these franchises.MCU takes a huge dump on the DCEU.

-Infinity War
-Endgame
-The Avengers
-Civil War
-The Winter Soldier
-Iron Man
-Guardians of the Galaxy
-Doctor Strange
-Black Panther
-The First Avenger
Planet of Apes,How to Train Your Dragon, John Wick, Alien,Rocky, Bourne,Incredibles,Indiana Jones,LOTR,MI,Toy Story,James Bond,HP and probably Star Wars, BTTF. 15 franchises on top of my head that are better than MCU... Just because they have like around 3 or more movies and MCU has 23 that doesn't mean MCU is better. Quality > Quantity. I would rather watch trilogy with good story than 23 ology with recycled same as ever story.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I really like the movie but I'd have to say that Batman Begins was better,great origin story on how Bruce Wayne becomes Batman.I thought the Batsuit was better in this one than in the other 2 films.Dark Knight had the Joker but Begins had Scarecrow and Ra's al Ghul who were both good.The city of Gotham looked different in first one than in the other 2 films as well it felt like it's own unique thing.
to me the early 90s kids ? Batman 89 and Return is my favorite Bat film

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Planet of Apes,How to Train Your Dragon, John Wick, Alien,Rocky, Bourne,Incredibles,Indiana Jones,LOTR,MI,Toy Story,James Bond,HP and probably Star Wars, BTTF. 15 franchises on top of my head that are better than MCU... Just because they have like around 3 or more movies and MCU has 23 that doesn't mean MCU is better. Quality > Quantity. I would rather watch trilogy with good story than 23 ology with recycled same as ever story.
I watched all the Rocky movies,John Wick movies and Toy Story movies I'd still have to say the MCU.You said quality > quantity.The MCU movies I named are better than vast majority of the films for those franchises.With Star Wars they have at least 4 that would be enough to put it over the MCU.John Wick no lol.The first 4 Rocky movies are a classic but I'd still take the MCU.

Strictly comic book movies

Spider-Man
-Spider-Man 2
-Spider-Man
-Into the Spider-Verse

X-Men
-Logan
-X2
-Days of Future Past
-Deadpool
-First Class
-X-Men

Superman
-Superman
-Superman II
-Man of Steel

Batman
-Batman Begins
-Dark Knight
-Batman
-Dark Knight Rises
-Mask of the Phantasm
-Batman Returns

DCEU
-Wonder Woman
-Man of Steel
-Shazam
-Aquaman
-Batman v Superman

MCU
-Infinity War
-Endgame
-The Avengers
-Civil War
-The Winter Soldier
-Iron Man
-Guardians of the Galaxy
-Doctor Strange
-Black Panther
-The First Avenger

Last edited:

CMButch

John Wick and MCU are both "turn off your brain" and enjoy movies but I find JW better because it's more realistic and action is close to home. BTW don't forget Creed for Rocky. Rocky is much better; Rocky is not like JW and MCU. Rocky has amazing message.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
John Wick and MCU are both "turn off your brain" and enjoy movies but I find JW better because it's more realistic and action is close to home. BTW don't forget Creed for Rocky. Rocky is much better; Rocky is not like JW and MCU. Rocky has amazing message.
Creed always seemed like a random movie. I have nothing against spin off movies and some are even better than their original movies but a movie about Apollo Creed with Rocky still having a major role in the film just seems bizarre. People go to Rocky movies just to see Rocky and Creed could have worked with Rocky having a smaller role because having him be a big part of the movie just takes attention away from Creed himself.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
That's funny because I felt the same watching the Rocky movies,Creed and Creed II were good.But weird thing about the Rocky movies.He lost eyesight in one of his eyes in the second movie,by the third he loses it randomly,the fourth he is able to take crazy amount of punishment from Drago,the fifth movie he got brain damage and his son ages in a short amount of time,the 6th he apparently loses the brain damage.

It seems to me you don't like any of the MCU films or you're just a comic book purist with high standards.

Last edited:

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
It seems to me you don't like any of the MCU films or you're just a comic book purist with high standards.

I mean, liking or disliking something is highly subjective so there’s nothing wrong with not liking the MCU films. I know plenty who either don’t like superhero movies in general or got so burned out on marvel movie after marvel movie that they got boring and stale to them.

I tend to prefer animated movies and anime to live action movies myself. So the MCU films are very low on my list of great films to watch.

I did enjoy the first Avengers when I saw it though, probably the MCU film I do enjoy re watching from time to time.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
I mean, liking or disliking something is highly subjective so there’s nothing wrong with not liking the MCU films. I know plenty who either don’t like superhero movies in general or got so burned out on marvel movie after marvel movie that they got boring and stale to them.

I tend to prefer animated movies and anime to live action movies myself. So the MCU films are very low on my list of great films to watch.

I did enjoy the first Avengers when I saw it though, probably the MCU film I do enjoy re watching from time to time.
Yh but expecting it to be like the Godfather and Shawshank Redemption is just unrealistic expectations.They're superhero movies at the end of the day.But here's the cool thing about the MCU theres movies and characters that everyone can enjoy whether it be casuals or comic book fans.