• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular opinions

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The problem with MCU movies to me is they’re so focus tested they lose a little bit with me. They’re enjoyable sure and fun, but there’s relatively little risk and they’ve only just started doing anything about it.

To compare it to another example used here John Wick is a movie by stuntmen who tried to tell a movie where someone is effective and uses the same tricks over and over in an action movie because it works, when that’s not how action movies work at all, so while it might be less fun I guess I respect it more for that.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

The problem with MCU movies to me is they’re so focus tested they lose a little bit with me. They’re enjoyable sure and fun, but there’s relatively little risk and they’ve only just started doing anything about it.

To compare it to another example used here John Wick is a movie by stuntmen who tried to tell a movie where someone is effective and uses the same tricks over and over in an action movie because it works, when that’s not how action movies work at all, so while it might be less fun I guess I respect it more for that.
Just sounds like nit picking to me

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Yh but expecting it to be like the Godfather and Shawshank Redemption is just unrealistic expectations.They're superhero movies at the end of the day.But here's the cool thing about the MCU theres movies and characters that everyone can enjoy whether it be casuals or comic book fans.
Superhero movies can be "masterpieces" like those two like Logan, Joker, TDK, I would say even Winter Soldier and first Iron Man go to that category.
I like some MCU movies but I dislike way more because how overrated they are especially last one aka Endgame. Thank God, Avatar is going to be re-released in China so it can overtake Endgame so MCU fan tears can be delicious. Ego from those fanboys rose when Endgame beat Avatar: " Ohhhhh it's number one, the best movie ever" Lol.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Superhero movies can be "masterpieces" like those two like Logan, Joker, TDK, I would say even Winter Soldier and first Iron Man go to that category.
I like some MCU movies but I dislike way more because how overrated they are especially last one aka Endgame. Thank God, Avatar is going to be re-released in China so it can overtake Endgame so MCU fan tears can be delicious. Ego from those fanboys rose when Endgame beat Avatar: " Ohhhhh it's number one, the best movie ever" Lol.
See you at least like some of the movies,I have yet to find someone who didn't like at least one thing from that franchise.I personally think Infinity War is better than Endgame but there's people that are going by the domestic gross for why they have it at #1.

TwilightBlade

I've never seen Logan so I can't say anything about it but I do want to say that I thought Joker was overrated. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed it because I like DC Comic movies but I didn't like how most people justify Joker's actions because of his mental illness. They try to portray him as a victim of society's negligence towards mentally ill people but I think that's just shifting the blame to let the Joker off the hook because he was the main character. :[

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Great film,highly reccomend checking it out.
Definitely. That said, it's kind of like Little Miss Sunshine, with the whole dysfunctional vibe. Oddly enough, I didn't mind it there (in Logan), but couldn't stand Little Miss Sunshine. Guess it comes down to good acting that was able to sell the former.

Last edited:

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Definitely. That said, it's kind of like Little Miss Sunshine, with the whole dysfunctional vibe. Oddly enough, I didn't mind it there, but couldn't stand Little Miss Sunshine. Guess it comes down to good acting that was able to sell the former.
I enjoyed Little Miss Sunshine,every person except the little girl had their own personal problem,all traveling together in a crappy volkswagen to the state of California.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I enjoyed Little Miss Sunshine,every person except the little girl had their own personal problem,all traveling together in a crappy volkswagen to the state of California.
Ah, glad you were able to. For some reason, it just got on my nerves.

Missingno.Fan

Am I the only one who hates the insult “Karen”? I always thought it meant an entitled, rude customer, but now it seems like it means any annoying woman. Like how people are calling Ellen Degeneres a Karen for allowing a toxic work environment. I feel bad for anyone who is actually named Karen.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Am I the only one who hates the insult “Karen”? I always thought it meant an entitled, rude customer, but now it seems like it means any woman. Like how people are calling Ellen Degeneres a Karen for allowing a toxic work environment. I feel bad for anyone who is actually named Karen.
That always confused me too. Everyone acts like all women named Karen are nasty and rude but I’ve met quite a few Karen’s that are actually nice. Even Karen Carpenter was known for being really kind and loved meeting her fans.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Am I the only one who hates the insult “Karen”? I always thought it meant an entitled, rude customer, but now it seems like it means any annoying woman. Like how people are calling Ellen Degeneres a Karen for allowing a toxic work environment. I feel bad for anyone who is actually named Karen.
Karen Gillan might be offended

TwilightBlade

Ugh I hate it too. People use it to describe any female that they consider to be even mildly abrasive and I think it's messed up that women can't stand up for themselves without being labeled as a Karen now. :[

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

I preferred it when it meant entitled and rude, not when it can just be applied to any woman you find annoying. There are plenty of Karens on college campuses who believe they are entitled to an A or extra credit when they just pay for the class and don't show up for the 16 week semester.

OwensJB

Ugh I hate it too. People use it to describe any female that they consider to be even mildly abrasive and I think it's messed up that women can't stand up for themselves without being labeled as a Karen now. :[

The funny thing is that I've never met a Karen in real life. Like I've seen videos of Karens but they don't seem to be as common in real life as they appear online. It feels sexist to label females that are bossy and entitled as Karens meanwhile males who act the same way don't have that stigma.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The woman that helped my dad raise me I guess could be considered to be a “Karen” in that she was prone making a huge deal out of something so minor that most people would just ignore. Part of it was because she was emotionally unstable and she would snap and throw a hissy fit. The other was because she became an alcoholic who was more prone to throwing anger fits after a couple of glasses of wine. She once threw a fit at me after I used the term “white lie” and started screaming at me about how “racist” that term was. And I mean right in your face screaming mad. Oh and she did feel entitled to some crazy stuff like me always being 100% honest and never ever lie and all of these weekend getaways to places like Aruba or Acapulco her boyfriend took her on at least twice a month and yet she complained about never getting enough time to relax and that she deserved it.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The funny thing is that I've never met a Karen in real life. Like I've seen videos of Karens but they don't seem to be as common in real life as they appear online. It feels sexist to label females that are bossy and entitled as Karens meanwhile males who act the same way don't have that stigma.
I don’t think it’s sexist because I constantly see people refer to men as “the male Karen” or trying to find other names to fit as the counterpart to it. The “grouchy and entitled middle age mom who complains about everything” is nothing new either and it’s only more prevalent because there’s a name attached for it

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Here's a different topic unpopular opinion.

Watching an anime dub is usually better that watching it subbed because you get a better idea of the performance of the voice actors and actresses.

Sometimes, the dub sucks, so in that case you should watch the sub if you can.

Also, dubbing is more than just switching Japanese to an overseas language. Sometimes, they will change the soundtrack for better or worse.