• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular opinions

Sham

Code Lyoko was ahead of it's time
I think the over generalization of vegans trying to convert everyone into veganism and shame meat eaters is played. Of course I can only speak from personal experience but living in a big city I've never seen this. I've met about three vegans recently and only one (ironically my teacher) was heavy about the whole conversion and guilt trip thing. The rest didn't even mention it until it was time to order food at Shake Shack. Maybe it's a loud minority thing online but not sure about irl.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think the over generalization of vegans trying to convert everyone into veganism and shame meat eaters is played. Of course I can only speak from personal experience but living in a big city I've never seen this. I've met about three vegans recently and only one (ironically my teacher) was heavy about the whole conversion and guilt trip thing. The rest didn't even mention it until it was time to order food at Shake Shack. Maybe it's a loud minority thing online but not sure about irl.
It sort of depends on the vegan really. Youtubers are notorious for trying to shame viewers into becoming vegans. I actually find the “Vegan Challenge” guy annoying and no, becoming a vegan won’t solve all my problems as some of them are external and I have no control over them. Would doing that stupid challenge solve my problem of having to wear a mask when I do my part time job inside a nursing home washing dishes literally next to a machine that has temperatures reaching close to 200 Degrees F and there is no air conditioning in the room and the humidity is extremely high and it’s over 90 degrees outside? No. No it will not. Look I have absolutely nothing against veganism but don’t try to guilt trip me because I choose to eat meat and use animal products. That does not make me a bad person. I do not condone animal abuse or support companies testing products on animals unless it’s pet food or something that pets would need to use such as shampoo. Also someone on here in a different thread once tried to shame me for my choice to eat meat but that was two years ago. I think it’s my own choice if I want to eat meat and I will respect vegans’ wishes of not eating it 8n front of them if it does bother them and they tell me.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
It sort of depends on the vegan really. Youtubers are notorious for trying to shame viewers into becoming vegans. I actually find the “Vegan Challenge” guy annoying and no, becoming a vegan won’t solve all my problems as some of them are external and I have no control over them. Would doing that stupid challenge solve my problem of having to wear a mask when I do my part time job inside a nursing home washing dishes literally next to a machine that has temperatures reaching close to 200 Degrees F and there is no air conditioning in the room and the humidity is extremely high and it’s over 90 degrees outside? No. No it will not. Look I have absolutely nothing against veganism but don’t try to guilt trip me because I choose to eat meat and use animal products. That does not make me a bad person. I do not condone animal abuse or support companies testing products on animals unless it’s pet food or something that pets would need to use such as shampoo. Also someone on here in a different thread once tried to shame me for my choice to eat meat but that was two years ago. I think it’s my own choice if I want to eat meat and I will respect vegans’ wishes of not eating it 8n front of them if it does bother them and they tell me.
agreed. as I loved to eat red meat. and i am still an animal right myself

SerenaRulez

It rarely happens in real life and is mostly an internet thing and that goes for a lot of niche and minority groups like transgenders. I see tons of transgender support and communities online on Twitter and other sites but I don't think I have ever met a transgender person in real life.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
It rarely happens in real life and is mostly an internet thing and that goes for a lot of niche and minority groups like transgenders. I see tons of transgender support and communities online on Twitter and other sites but I don't think I have ever met a transgender person in real life.
Some make the transition so seamlessly that you can’t even tell. I’ve met several and the main thing is to treat them like a person and not some sort of curiosity. Don’t ask about their progress unless they bring it up and remember to use their preferred pronouns and names. They may let a couple slip ups go by but they will correct you.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Alright. Let me do this:

MOVIES
1. Deadpool was a terrible film.
2. Catwoman, while not a good film, wasn't nearly as bad as people treat it.
3. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is incredibly overrated.
4. Ryan Reynolds is overrated.
5. Melissa McCarthy is underappreciated.
- a. I still think she's a terrible choice for Ursula.
6. Hugh Jackman was not a good choice for Wolverine.
7. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is what American films (should) aspire to be.
8. Bollywood has way too many musicals.
9. Lupita Nyong'o should've at least been nominated for an Academy Award for Us.
10. The Color Purple not winning a single Academy Award is hands down the greatest snub in the history of the ceremony.

TELEVISION
1. Rick & Morty is not appreciated by the right people.
2. South Park is one of the most overrated and terribly executed shows in the history of American television.
3. Saturday Night Live, as funny as it can be, is nothing more than a stepping stone for rising comedians.
4. British television comedy isn't as great as people make it out to be (excluding Monty Python).
5. Pokémon stopped being good around the Orange Island arc.
6. Dragon Ball Z, while not a bad show, is pretty overrated.
- a. Dragon Ball Z would've never regained popularity if it weren't for TeamFourStar.
7. Futurama being cancelled while The Simpsons is still on the air should be considered a national tragedy.

VIDEO GAMES
1. First-Person Shooters suck.
2. There are way better open world games out there than Red Dead Redemption 2.
3. Pokémon Sword & Shield is better than most games in the Pokémon series.
4. Masahiro Sakurai should retire.
- a. No, I don't think he's done anything wrong. I just think he's wearing himself thin making these games.
5. Final Fantasy VII is overrated.
- a. Final Fantasy XIII is far more enjoyable than Final Fantasy VII.
6. Yu-Gi-Oh! makes a far better video game than a physical trading card game.
7. Adding Negan to Tekken 7 was dumb.
8. Adding Leatherface to Mortal Kombat X was even dumber.
9. Rare being bought by Microsoft killed its chances of ever becoming a truly successful developer.
10. Nintendo will always be better than Microsoft and Sony.

MUSIC
1. BTS is overrated.
2. Metallica is overrated.
3. Led Zeppelin is overrated (minus Kashmir).
4. Utada Hikaru fell off real hard after Deep River.
5. Nicki Minaj is overrated.
- a. Every major female Hip Hop artist out right now (Doja Cat, Cardi B, Megan Thee Stallion, Lizzo) has more talent than she ever will.
6. The Beatles were overrated.
7. Taylor Swift should've stuck to Country.
8. Mariah Carey, even with all her success, is still vastly underappreciated.
9. Missy Elliott, while a talent rapper, is a better producer than she is a rapper.
10. Ariana Grande is overrated.
11. Nirvana is overrated.
12. Bruno Mars is a very talented artist, but 24K Magic was a terrible album.
13. Macarena is a musical masterpiece.
14. Beethoven is overrated.
15. Vivaldi is vastly underappreciated.
- a. He is also a way better composer than Beethoven.
16. Beyoncé's skyrocketed success as a solo artist is attributed to the sudden death of Aaliyah.

Last edited:

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Personally I dread whenever Memorial Day or Labor Day weekend comes around in the USA. While most people get the following Monday off I've gotta work since it's a big sales day. Which means MORE people are out shopping and requires me to work harder.

Additionally whenever I do order something online its usually around these dates. So now I've gotta wait an additional day for it to arrive since the postal service is closed for the holiday.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I have a new hot take.

I don't think people should be judged on whether or not they play indie games.

I understand about supporting the scene and not ruling out the games completely.
I also get that people can be snobbish on not wanting to play those type of titles.

In the end, though, I think people are going to play what they want to, and I think that's fine.

WalesNote

Sword and Shield ARE NOT that good. Probably the worst in the franchise.
Dragon Ball Z would have remained popular without TeamFourStar