1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Unpopular opinions

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Captain Jigglypuff, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Sham

Sham Smile

I’ve been to Canada and lived there. I remember like classmates of mine judging me off being American but recently when I visit I don’t really notice anything like that. I’ll take your word for it though.

2. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Criticizing fictional characters based on the creator or someone the creators know is not the same as criticizing the actual creator as a person. Criticizing Dipper and Mable Pines is not a criticism of the Hirch family, criticizing Ash is not a criticism of Satoshi Tajiri, criticizing the main trio in Harry Potter is not a criticism of JK Rowling. It is certainly fine to critique these characters without "personally attacking" the creator. Self-inserts are rarely one to one translations of real life unless it's an autobiography. I don't understand why so many people believe this.

3. Sham

Sham Smile

Sakura!Is!Not!Useless!

4. Redstar45

Redstar45 The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Oh Stop that ! Can you see not everyone is wanted to like lile as character and just like how not everyone is like Serana or kasumi/Haruka/hikara/ Iris ?

5. Sham

Sham Smile

What?

keepitsimple likes this.
  6. Redstar45

Are you kidding me?

7. Dragalge

Dragalge Leaked footage

We can barely make out what you posted. Sham was talking about another character from another franchise and you just spewed that out of nowhere.

keepitsimple and Sham like this.
  8. Redstar45

Seriously......oh yeah i thought he/she was.....nevermind that .....just that i was thought that we in anime unpopular opinion ? ......my bad @Sham sorry

Maybe we should re-named one of the unpopular opinion threads

9. Sham

Sham Smile

People should retain the right to not vote if they don't want to, I feel like as a citizen of wherever you live you should take advantage of democracy but I don't like feel like people should be forced into voting like some countries because that's just opening a can of worms.

WishIhadaManafi5 and Ignition like this.
  10. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army

I agree with this. And if you don’t vote for any reason, it doesn’t make you a bad person or not care about stuff.

Sham likes this.
  11. Redstar45

As Canadian i have to do my duty to vote few days ago and it is so stupid

12. um no in canada you don't have to vote lol

Dragalge likes this.
  13. Redstar45

...i kind figuring that but my family is hard on Canadian duty thing

14. Captain Jigglypuff

I didn’t vote one year for my state governor but I had a good reason. I wasn’t aware it was a major election year and I didn’t know who the candidates were or what they stood for. By the time I realized this important election, it was literally two weeks before Election Day and I didn’t want to vote for anyone that I didn’t know about. I don’t vote in primaries because according to my state law, I can’t because I’m an unaffiliated voter and I want to keep it that way. I believe belonging to a single political party limits you and what you stand for and I’d rather vote for whomever I think is better suited for the job than what people expect me to vote for.

15. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

I'm a Dem, but I'm not a fan of how they keep on picking corporate Dems, meaning ones that support corporations and what not, for people to support. It's tiring being stuck with choices I rather not vote for, after finding out more about their voting records, etc..

16. DDemonRose

DDemonRose Member

But... she kinda was. She had few fights and the one that was the most memorable of all - aka her fight with Sasori - was a two on one battle that she had help with. Without Chiyo, Sakura would've lost.

mtqc, Pokegirl Fan~ and Redstar45 like this.
  17. Sham

Sham Smile

Sakura punched Kaguya allowing Sasuke and Naruto to seal her, activated strength of one hundred, saved was able to cure Sasori’s incurable poison, saved Naruto and Obitio’s life and just recently took on Shin in Boruto. Sakura may not be as strong as Sasuke and Naruto but she defiantly isn’t weak or useless.

18. Captain Jigglypuff

I’m somewhat annoyed with how far extreme feminists have gone. They have ruined many perfectly fine things by demanding that they either be removed or changed drastically. They’ve made Barbie look extremely dull and boring a majority of the time, had a Barbie book recalled because they claimed it was “sexist” just because Barbie accidentally downloaded a virus and asked two guys to help her fix the problem and in my opinion just sends out an even more harmful message that girls shouldn’t ask for help from anyone especially from men, took Ms Bellum off of the Powerpuff Girls reboot for being too attractive even though everyone on the show loved her and admired her for her intelligence and thus sending another harmful message to girls that you can’t be both smart and beautiful at the same time, and now they’re trying to remove the word “feminine” from stuff made exclusively for women just because it isn’t gender inclusive and is offensive for those who don’t identify as female. Yeah. When exactly is a man going to use a tampon? I’m all for rights for everyone but there is a limit as to how going too far really is. Barbie now looks as if she never wears makeup anymore except when it’s a holiday and always has the same length of hair that isn’t even that full or exciting to play with and is always so flat. There are a few exceptions but go down the Barbie aisle in any Walmart and you’ll see how the doll mostly looks exactly the same now no matter which doll it is. Extreme feminism has certainly created more harmful messages than erasing them.

19. Sham

Sham Smile

Honestly I would be more upset with extremist than “extreme feminism”. There are extremist in every community and quite frankly I don’t believe feminism has anything to do with it. They’re just a loud vocal minority. Your average day to day feminist just wants to be treated like the same gender politically, socially and economically. Also I’m not sure feminism has much to do with those cases and more so company/brands trying to keep up with the times of political correctness (which is good in some cases but questionable in particular ones). I also believe things get blown out of proportion or distorted like for example I for one never believed that Ms. Bellum thing considering same said series had the girls twerking in one episode. Talk about irony.

20. Captain Jigglypuff

I’m fine with feminists that just want equal rights and gender equality. It’s the ones that demand changes to stuff that don’t even cause any problems that I don’t like. The recalled Barbie book was because some angry women claimed it was sexist because Barbie asked for help to solve a problem especially since it was two guys. What’s wrong with asking for help? Nobody can do everything alone and asking for help isn’t something to be ashamed of. Who cares what gender the person you asked for help for is?

Platina2000 likes this.