• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular opinions

keepitsimple

site of lies
I’m fine with feminists that just want equal rights and gender equality. It’s the ones that demand changes to stuff that don’t even cause any problems that I don’t like. The recalled Barbie book was because some angry women claimed it was sexist because Barbie asked for help to solve a problem especially since it was two guys. What’s wrong with asking for help? Nobody can do everything alone and asking for help isn’t something to be ashamed of. Who cares what gender the person you asked for help for is?
beware the extreme feminists who do such extreme things like saying that a book sucks

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Every community has a vocal minority that makes the rest look stand-off-ish so I don’t think it’s right to come at the left for that vocal minority. Sure some of the stances it takes are trivial but the base and root of it all is very serious. I feel like complaining about that vocal loud minority and brining up their faults makes people feel like they can get a pass for attacking that entire group of people. Idk if this made sense but that’s my two cents

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I’m somewhat annoyed with how far extreme feminists have gone. They have ruined many perfectly fine things by demanding that they either be removed or changed drastically. They’ve made Barbie look extremely dull and boring a majority of the time, had a Barbie book recalled because they claimed it was “sexist” just because Barbie accidentally downloaded a virus and asked two guys to help her fix the problem and in my opinion just sends out an even more harmful message that girls shouldn’t ask for help from anyone especially from men, took Ms Bellum off of the Powerpuff Girls reboot for being too attractive even though everyone on the show loved her and admired her for her intelligence and thus sending another harmful message to girls that you can’t be both smart and beautiful at the same time, and now they’re trying to remove the word “feminine” from stuff made exclusively for women just because it isn’t gender inclusive and is offensive for those who don’t identify as female. Yeah. When exactly is a man going to use a tampon? I’m all for rights for everyone but there is a limit as to how going too far really is. Barbie now looks as if she never wears makeup anymore except when it’s a holiday and always has the same length of hair that isn’t even that full or exciting to play with and is always so flat. There are a few exceptions but go down the Barbie aisle in any Walmart and you’ll see how the doll mostly looks exactly the same now no matter which doll it is. Extreme feminism has certainly created more harmful messages than erasing them.

While I don't disagree i would like to point out... Barbie changes with the times. Her looks match that of the year the doll was made and fashion these days is more natural looks with straight, flat hair. Just like those 80s and 90s Barbies we all remember, the new wave of Barbies is meant to represent a generation's fashion choices

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
While I don't disagree i would like to point out... Barbie changes with the times. Her looks match that of the year the doll was made and fashion these days is more natural looks with straight, flat hair. Just like those 80s and 90s Barbies we all remember, the new wave of Barbies is meant to represent a generation's fashion choices
Yeah but the problem collectors have now is that the same paint is used on every Barbie except the yearly Holiday and Fashionista dolls. They like to know which doll they find at a resale store without clothes so that they can either get the original outfit to complete a line collection or to customize. You can’t do that if you post a pic online asking which doll you have when there are literally dozens of dolls with the same makeup paint and eye color. Up until 2014, collectors could identify dolls by their face molds, painting, and eye color. Now it’s a nightmare.

keepitsimple

site of lies
Yeah but the problem collectors have now is that the same paint is used on every Barbie except the yearly Holiday and Fashionista dolls. They like to know which doll they find at a resale store without clothes so that they can either get the original outfit to complete a line collection or to customize. You can’t do that if you post a pic online asking which doll you have when there are literally dozens of dolls with the same makeup paint and eye color. Up until 2014, collectors could identify dolls by their face molds, painting, and eye color. Now it’s a nightmare.

SJWs DESTROY Barbie Doll Collecting (real) (2019) (not clickbait) (stop laughing dad)

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I don't understand the big deal about Avocodos being in salads, burgers, pretty much anything you can think of. It tastes like... nothing? Like there's no taste in it?

Sham

I don't understand the big deal about Avocodos being in salads, burgers, pretty much anything you can think of. It tastes like... nothing? Like there's no taste in it?
Wrong. Advocaco toast is the best... especially at Starbucks. Just jokes but anyway it does have a slight taste to me and adds a bit of “freshness” to foods. I think it meant to enhance taste than be a taste by itself.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I don't mind avocados, but I'll never understand the appeal of avocado toast.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think that Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony is extremely overrated and I seriously cant stand listening to even two notes from it because it is used so much in media to express “joy” that it literally nauseates me. There are other classical pieces that also express joy such as the Hallelujah Chorus but no one ever really talks about them. And how is the Ninth Symphony Beethoven’s greatest composition? It is way too simple and rather bland compared to the Sixth Symphony or the entirety of Moonlight Sonata.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I have to admit that while I appreciate Marvel comics and several of the animated series that feature Marvel characters, I'm not a fan of Marvel superhero movies. There's been an over-saturation of them in the past decade, and I can't remember the last Marvel movie that I actually enjoyed.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I have to admit that while I appreciate Marvel comics and several of the animated series that feature Marvel characters, I'm not a fan of Marvel superhero movies. There's been an over-saturation of them in the past decade, and I can't remember the last Marvel movie that I actually enjoyed.
Last one in 2014 or 2015 ......until then also dislike disney star wars ....give me Lucas anytime a week over jj

Sham

I personally enjoyed one of their newer movies (Spider Man Far From Home) but that's probably because I find Tom Holland wholesome.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
I think the hype over Heath ledgers portrayal of joker is overrated. I think the reason it got so much hype to begin with is due to ledger dying before the film was released, so I think it gets put on a pedestal for that reason and causes people to just dismiss any other joker portrayal, past present or future. If heath ledger were still alive and could give his opinion on Jared Leto and Joaquin phoenixs joker portrayals, I think people would probably not be as harsh to them as they are , or at the very least accept that the joker is too complex to be perfectly defined by one actor or one theme

Leonhart

Imagineer
Chaos Emperor said:
I think the hype over Heath ledgers portrayal of joker is overrated. I think the reason it got so much hype to begin with is due to ledger dying before the film was released, so I think it gets put on a pedestal for that reason and causes people to just dismiss any other joker portrayal, past present or future. If heath ledger were still alive and could give his opinion on Jared Leto and Joaquin phoenixs joker portrayals, I think people would probably not be as harsh to them as they are , or at the very least accept that the joker is too complex to be perfectly defined by one actor or one theme

I agree to an extent that Heath Ledger's Joker probably got a lot of support at first because of his death, although in terms of Joker portrayals I don't think that Joaquin Phoenix's take on the character was poorly received. It seems like the reviews for the Joker movie were average to mixed at most, but Phoenix's performance in general was praised.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
I agree to an extent that Heath Ledger's Joker probably got a lot of support at first because of his death, although in terms of Joker portrayals I don't think that Joaquin Phoenix's take on the character was poorly received. It seems like the reviews for the Joker movie were average to mixed at most, but Phoenix's performance in general was praised.

I’ve heard people say they like the joker movie, but I still think every future joker portrayal will be judged with the mentality of trying( and failing) to fill ledgers shoes even though joker and suicide squad (and all future portrayals) are supposed to be their own things an not continuations of the dark knight trilogy ,just like the dark knight wasn’t a continuation of the 1989 movies joker, nor was the 1989 movie a continuation of the 60s Batman show. Comic book characters can’t be locked down by just one person, yet I feel there will be too many who will say that no actor can ever match heath ledgers joker ever EVER even though I’m sure many probably felt the same about jack Nicholson’s version before the dark knight.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Here's an unpopular opinion I thought about earlier on.

I don't think we should be too harsh to the new Thundercats show when it hasn't even come out yet.

If it comes out and it sucks, should we be allowed to judge it negatively, sure, but that's after being able to see it for ourselves.

Sham

The Legend of Korra is way more entertaining than and dark than ATLAB

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.