• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular opinions

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Since we have topics for unpopular Pokémon and video game opinions, I figured that I’d start one for unpopular opinions that don’t fit in those categories. Please be respectful of the differing opinions and don’t start a fight just because you disagree with someone else’s opinions. Anyway here are my unpopular opinions.

• Avatar the Last Airbender And Legend of Korea are extremely overrated and also have some of the stupidest characters ever in that the most obvious solution to their problem in an episode is literally screaming in their faces and everyone ignores it and uses another solution that is actually worse and doesn’t solve anything. The Great Divide is the perfect example of how stupid even the supposed hero of the series is.
  • Natalie Portman is a terrible actress that is also overrated and she only won her Oscar because she made out with Mila Kunis.
  • Courtney Cox is one of the worst actresses ever.
  • The NFL is a horrible organization that doesn’t deserve to be supported in any way because of what they don’t consider inappropriate activity, allow players to keep playing despite being proven to be cheaters, and for supporting homophobia.
So what are some of your unpopular opinions?

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
- That the MN Vikings find a way to lose any match. ( I live in MN so that is why it is unpopular )
- Spanking is an acceptable and sometimes necessary form of punishment for children. ( Was considered the commonplace when I was growing up so this has changed over time )

PokemonBattleFanatic-

LeBron James is a borderline top 10 NBA player all-time.Too many blemishes on his legacy,chokejobs,quitting on teams and caring only about stats.Guys like Jordan,Kareem,Kobe,Bird and Duncan cared about winning championships and would do whatever was needed to win.

Captain Jigglypuff

I also think that the Lord of the Rings And Star Wars series are overrated.

Zora

perpetually tired
condiments don't make food taste better (at least in my experience).

please, no mayo, ketchup, or mustard or whatever suacey condiment who whip out next.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
condiments don't make food taste better (at least in my experience).

please, no mayo, ketchup, or mustard or whatever suacey condiment who whip out next.

Ugh people who use WAAAAAY too much sauce bug me so much. Like at that point just drink it for Gods sake. A little sauce is fine but smothering the food in it just feels like a waste.

EDIT: Also I'm not sure if this is a universal thing as I've never seen it outside my country but CHICKEN SALT IS NASTY AF PLEASE KEEP IT AWAY FROM MY FOOD.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
- That the MN Vikings find a way to lose any match. ( I live in MN so that is why it is unpopular )
I’m also a fan of the Vikings. They don’t lose every game, just the ones that matter (NFC championship game when they could have played at HOME for the Super Bowl, Week 17 against the Bears).

Captain Jigglypuff

I think everyone should boycott the NFL and not even support them because the organization as a whole is extremely homophobic, they allow players to keep playing despite being obvious cheaters (Tom Brady), wife beaters (Ray Price), animal abusers (Michael Vick), And even act like convicted murderers who kill themselves as being tragic (Aaron Hernandez). You know that I have very good points here.

Captain Jigglypuff

Adam Sandler seems to actually be a good actor, check out his more serious roles. I think he's just lazy and wants quick cash.
I think people also associate Sandler way too much to comedic roles simply because he started out on SNL. Click is one good example of a somewhat more serious role he had that also had humor to it as well. I also think his movie Jack and Jill is decent as a movie. Not one of his best but definitely not the worst thing either. That would be Grown Ups 2 and Bedtime Stories. Jack and Jill had some moments that made it watchable such as Jack realizing how much his sister truly meant to him and that he needed to be a much better brother to her since he’s the only family she has.

Another one thing that bothers me that a lot of people disagree with is that the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland is the movie’s villain. She isn’t. The film and original story actually had no villain in them. The Queen was a bit antagonistic but only because the Cheshire Cat screwed things up for Alice and the Queen thought the Cat belonged to the girl. The Queen was neutral, in fact she was very nice to Alice before the Cat ruined everything. And the whole “Off with their heads” was stated in the book by the Griffin that it was an empty threat and the Queen never skills anyone. Plus it is Wonderland where nothing is as it seems. I mean you have rodents literally living in china tea sets that are being used, unbirthdays, talking rabbits that carry pocket watches, and cakes and drinks that drastically change a person’s height. And you think the Queen is a villain just because she says, “Off with their heads” often? I don’t think so.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Oh man. This is going to be a really unpopular one. I'm not a fan of Code Geass's character designs. It's like their trying to be edgy, over-the-top and bubblegum all at once. Funny thing, my younger brother pointed out something I thought was just too funny and never hit me before. As soon as he saw the character designs, he instantly asked me why all these serious stylish characters riding in mechs are teenaged high schoolers lol.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Yusei Fudo is the best Yu-Gi-Oh! protagonist

-Skilled Duelist
-Turbo Dueling Expert
-Skilled Fighter
-Scientist
-Highly technical with computers
-Skilled Mechanic
-Never lost or drew in a duel on screen
-Saved the world on a few occasions
-Beat 3 skilled duelists in a row (Team Unicorn)

Last edited:

shoz999

So the Face-Offs in the games section. I don't know if this is unpopular or not but are Face-Offs less of a popularity contest and more of a dedicated fan contest? I recall this one fan sounded all disappointed or worried thinking that Full Metal Alchemist is not as popular as Code Geass in Serebii but I think that's very off. There were also some other fans that told me they were a bit annoyed that Code Geass dominated too much of the crossover face-offs to the point of repetition and thought Code Geass was just too popular but I don't think that's the case. Code Geass is kind of a niche series I believe, a classic with amazing storytelling but still a niche compared to Full Metal Alchemist or Pokemon. Pokemon and Full Metal Alchemist aren't just popular but famous in their areas. I believe the only real reason why so many FMA and Pokemon contestants got marked off of several lists in favor of Code Geass in a whole bunch of crossover face-offs is most likely just dedicated fans of Code Geass decided to work together to mark off extremely popular series that they see as a threat. So this got me thinking. Are face-offs just a dedicated fan contest to show how dedicated one fanbase is compared to another? Unlike popularity polls, face-offs are games that require that dedication to push forward so it doesn't always say what's popular or not.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So the Face-Offs in the games section. I don't know if this is unpopular or not but are Face-Offs less of a popularity contest and more of a dedicated fan contest? I recall this one fan sounded all disappointed or worried thinking that Full Metal Alchemist is not as popular as Code Geass in Serebii but I think that's very off. There were also some other fans that told me they were a bit annoyed that Code Geass dominated too much of the crossover face-offs to the point of repetition and thought Code Geass was just too popular but I don't think that's the case. Code Geass is kind of a niche series I believe, a classic with amazing storytelling but still a niche compared to Full Metal Alchemist or Pokemon. Pokemon and Full Metal Alchemist aren't just popular but famous in their areas. I believe the only real reason why so many FMA and Pokemon contestants got marked off of several lists in favor of Code Geass in a whole bunch of crossover face-offs is most likely just dedicated fans of Code Geass decided to work together to mark off extremely popular series that they see as a threat. So this got me thinking. Are face-offs just a dedicated fan contest to show how dedicated one fanbase is compared to another? Unlike popularity polls, face-offs are games that require that dedication to push forward so it doesn't always say what's popular or not.
Well you're pretty off with this. Code Geass is far from a niche series (was one of the major anime running in mid 2000's). Generally, its slightly behind FMA:B overall in terms of where its popularity stands, but still a very well known anime. Also, Pokemon? As a franchise its huge, but in dedicated anime based face-offs, it's obvious that Pokémon characters don't stand a chance since it has no business competing against actually good anime.

You want a niche series, with excellent storytelling? Try Monster.

shoz999

Well you're pretty off with this. Code Geass is far from a niche series (was one of the major anime running in mid 2000's). Generally, its slightly behind FMA:B overall in terms of where its popularity stands, but still a very well known anime. Also, Pokemon? As a franchise its huge, but in dedicated anime based face-offs, it's obvious that Pokémon characters don't stand a chance since it has no business competing against actually good anime.

You want a niche series, with excellent storytelling? Try Monster.
Okey doke. Question. So are you saying my entire hypothesis is wrong or just the part where Code Geass is, based on belief, a niche series?