• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular opinions

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Alcohol, beer, wine all of it, overrated. I just don't get what the big deal is, it tastes pretty terrible and I could never acquire the taste as others claim that's how it works. What's funny about this is that the people I know who drink this stuff actually admit this is true. It tastes terrible but they just do it because it makes them feel tipsy and I'm thinking myself? That's it? I don't freaking get it. Alcohol is a huge part of the world's culture, HUGE part of the world's culture and the reason why people drink this stuff is not out of a delicious taste but to get tipsy? That's it? That's why people enjoy it so much? Is that really the only reason for being such a worldly influence? I guess I just don't get it.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Really unpopular opinion: The Beastie Boys are extremely untalented and overrated and don’t deserve the “praise” that they get. Screaming is NOT a talent! And they most certainly aren’t pioneers of anything like people claim. Plus the one that died definitely didn’t deserve to be included in the Memorials of the Oscars as literally nothing he ever did was nominated or won an Oscar or even involved with the awards show! And they sure as heck aren’t the first “white” people to bring rap mainstream or even popularize it! Debbie Harry And Blondie were with their No. 1 hit Rapture! Rapture also topped the Dance charts and was a Top 40 song on the R&B/Hip-Hop and Mainstream Rock charts all in early 1981. The music video for the single was a huge success on MTV’s early days and literally the first rap video ever aired on the channel. And Debbie Harry was the first female aired to be shown rapping. Rapture was the 47th video aired. And yet people claim that these stupid screaming boys popularized rap with white people and are “pioneers.” I don’t think so. People rip on Rapture and say it’s “a bad song” yet praise these guys?! If Rapture was sooooooo bad then why did it top TWO charts and hit the Top 40 of two more all at the same time? If you need proof to see where I got all my info for Blondie, here’s the link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture_(Blondie_song)

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Athletes like Ronaldo or LeBron play with a ball, has a sponsor and gets millions of dollars. Doctor saves same LeBron from something gets paid like 30k. Sorry but that's not fair and it's stupid.Or Ronaldo plays with a ball and gets million. Firemen saves small kid, gets 20k. LeBron just trains, at least actors like RDJ have to to all kind of stuff, like reading script, acting that , make up etc, spend like weeks and weeks to create a movie. LeBron or Messi do it in 2hours. Please. Athletes don't deserve more money than lawyers, doctors, firemen.The only good thing with athletes( not all) is they donate.

Athletes work way harder than actors. You just see the match that they play on a particular day within 2 hours, but the immense amount of training and preparation they have to do to keep up their shape and compete is rarely talked about, but is the real main challenge. Also, money isn't simply something that is given to who deserves it more or not. Its all about economics and demand and supply. Actors, athletes have millions of people watching them week in week out, so obviously they get paid based on the popularity.

Captain Jigglypuff

Athletes work way harder than actors. You just see the match that they play on a particular day within 2 hours, but the immense amount of training and preparation they have to do to keep up their shape and compete is rarely talked about, but is the real main challenge. Also, money isn't simply something that is given to who deserves it more or not. Its all about economics and demand and supply. Actors, athletes have millions of people watching them week in week out, so obviously they get paid based on the popularity.
Well it depends on which League and type of athletes you’re talking about. The NFL athletes don’t really seem to work that hard after the season and most keep indulging themselves with stuff like extremely fancy and expensive cars and multiple apartments that they never use. They also do more negative things that people in the public eyes as much as they are that would be frowned upon if anyone else did them but the players seem to get a pass because they play professional football.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Well it depends on which League and type of athletes you’re talking about. The NFL athletes don’t really seem to work that hard after the season and most keep indulging themselves with stuff like extremely fancy and expensive cars and multiple apartments that they never use. They also do more negative things that people in the public eyes as much as they are that would be frowned upon if anyone else did them but the players seem to get a pass because they play professional football.

I'm not talking about their attitudes and showing off, since that's a seperate topic all together. I'm simply stating the reason why athletes and actors get paid so much, regardless of whether we think they deserve it or not.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Regardless if you know how to play basketball or not.What makes the WWE more entertaining than the NBA?
WWE is scripted and it's a "sport"/"Wrestling" that I can't do IRL because it's harmful. Playing basketball is not harmful in first place, thus I am playing it, thus I don't need to watch NBA.

They work harder physically. But everyone can do it. Everyone can run, play basketball, play soccer. But not everyone can act, not everyone can study. Plus, acting requires mind work which is reading script and remembering lines. Samuel Jackson does like 4-5 movies per year. Imagine how much he must remember. It's a fact that mind work > body work.It is harder.
I know all that about money, but I am talking about who deserves it or not,hypothetically.Still it's a fact that people who finished college/university deserve more money than people who did not/athletes/Youtubers etc.Or people who save other people lives like doctors, firemen deserve more money than Ronaldo who plays soccer.

EDIT: I know that there are some soccer players who earn less than a average doctor. I know why Ronaldo gets millions. But my point is ALL soccer players including Ronaldo.

Last edited:

PokemonBattleFanatic-

WWE is scripted and it's a "sport"/"Wrestling" that I can't do IRL because it's harmful. Playing basketball is not harmful in first place, thus I am playing it, thus I don't need to watch NBA.
I don't get this concept at all,I never played hockey,nascar or baseball but I don't enjoy watching those sports.I never competed in boxing or mma irl and yet don't watch them on television although I've seen quite a few mma fights but it can be boring at times during the fights.

Wrestling is only harmful if you aren't protecting yourself or the other person botches a move.There's no more chair shots to the head either.From an entertainment standpoint I fail to see your perspective on how the WWE is more entertaining to watch than NBA or even the NFL,you could maybe make a case during the attitude era but not now.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I don't get this concept at all,I never played hockey,nascar or baseball but I don't enjoy watching those sports.I never competed in boxing or mma irl and yet don't watch them on television although I've seen quite a few mma fights but it can be boring at times during the fights.
I also never played Hockey and Baseball but I find them boring to watch.Yes, NBA and Fifa are less boring to watch than those sports but they're still boring to me. MMA and WWE are not boring to watch for me. Problem?What's not to get? Deal with the fact that there are people who don't like watching soccer and basketball. I don't watch them because I can play them, so I don't wanna waste my time on them. I can't compete in MMA thus I watch them.

Wrestling is only harmful if you aren't protecting yourself or the other person botches a move.There's no more chair shots to the head either.From an entertainment standpoint I fail to see your perspective on how the WWE is more entertaining to watch than NBA or even the NFL,you could maybe make a case during the attitude era but not now.
Wrestling is still harmful sport, that I can't participate IIRL unless I am fighting someone over something. Like MMA and Boxing. In Fifa/NBA when someone harms you, he gets yellow card or something. I also, from entertainment standpoint fail to see how you find NLF and NBA entertaining at all. NBA: match lasts like what a hour, two teams handle ball across the field and shoot on the net, they run and that's it.I find it boring.I don't watch WWE all the time, like sometimes but still I find it more entertaining than NBA because they "harm" themselves but it's scripted and they like do cool poses and stuff when they "hit" their opponents.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Alcohol, beer, wine all of it, overrated. I just don't get what the big deal is, it tastes pretty terrible and I could never acquire the taste as others claim that's how it works. What's funny about this is that the people I know who drink this stuff actually admit this is true. It tastes terrible but they just do it because it makes them feel tipsy and I'm thinking myself? That's it? I don't freaking get it. Alcohol is a huge part of the world's culture, HUGE part of the world's culture and the reason why people drink this stuff is not out of a delicious taste but to get tipsy? That's it? That's why people enjoy it so much? Is that really the only reason for being such a worldly influence? I guess I just don't get it.
Word. Can't stand the stuff either. Same goes with coffee. Only with that, I don't mind the smell of the beans and the ground beans.

Captain Jigglypuff

I actually think that animal testing is okay if it involves things that the animals would use such as specially formulated shampoos and pet food. There is no reason for lipstick to be put onto a poodle to see if it is safe but a nice bath making sure a new shampoo is safe to use is something I don’t see a problem with. I also don’t have a problem if these tests are being done at a lab that doesn’t confine the testers in tiny cramped cages where they spend most of their lives.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Izuku Midoriya is the worst protagonist I've ever seen,the kid is timid and always crying.I get the underdog shtick but him as a character is bland and uninteresting.I don't mind a protagonist being different like Saitama or Gintoki Sakata but they still had likable traits about them as characters.There's not one redeeming quality about Deku that's likeable at all.HE'S TRASH!!

Captain Jigglypuff

Joan Crawford’s character from What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? Blanche got what she deserved. She drove Jane to the breaking point by making her believe for years she paralyzed her, letting others spew out their hatred of Jane and not stopping it, and making Jane feel like she had no choice but take care of Blanche. Blanche really deserved to suffer in the end for what she did and nearly got away with.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
How about some anime related ones?

One Piece has one of the worst looking styles I've ever seen, and I can barely stand the manga/anime because of it. (And trust me, I've tried, got through two volumes before being unable to take any more.)

Bakugo sucks (apparently this is unpopular?)

AnoHana was cliche, overrated, and tried WAY too hard to get you to cry. It felt cheap af and I usually just laughed at most scenes due to how awkwardly over-the-top some of them got. Clannad felt the same.

YES, God, it all tastes like a liquid hospital or something. Or in beer's case, like someone pissed on a wheat thin. Never been a fan.

Captain Jigglypuff

The cast of Friends with the exception of Jennifer Aniston all are horrible actors and their post Friends resumé is proof. All but Jen did movies or tv shows that failed miserably with a couple of exceptions such as Cougar Town which is actually a terrible show if you take a really close look at it and the Scream movies which still made money somehow despite the later sequels basically being the same exact thing as previous entries with a few minor tweaks and the writing seemingly getting worse with each of the rolling movies. Courtney Cox is basically poison for anything she does as her movies are considered among the worst ever made (Bedtime Stories anyone?) or tv shows end or get cancelled quickly after she appears on them. David Schwimmer only has the Madagascar which is not exactly a high point of any actor who had a major tv sitcom role and not a professional voice actor. Jennifer Aniston is literally the only one from the entire cast that can make movies that are huge successes even if her acting in them weren’t the best. She had Marley and Me, Horrible Bosses, The Break Up, and Dumplin’ which all were very successful and well praised. So she’s literally the only one who was a success.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Apps for phones. They're so overrated, as not everyone has a huge phone to download them onto. So hearing about them really gets old.

And apps that are tied to a phone's memory. /facepalm Those really are a pain on phones that have limited space.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Not really an unpopular opinion but it isn’t something everyone agrees with but anti-vaxxers are literally insane. They are now using an episode of The Brady Bunch as evidence as to why parents shouldn’t vaccinate their kids. Maureen McCormick is appalled by this herself and even the son of the man who wrote the episode even said this was never the intent. This is why no one will ever take these people seriously. I also never understood why autism get so vilified in the public’s eye and there are people trying to cure and prevent it. These parents wouldn’t tell others to never give their kids any sugar ever as a way to prevent diabetes or not let their kids outside on a hot summer day with ten layers of clothes on to prevent skin cancer from being exposed to sunlight. As a person on the autism spectrum I don’t even want a cure! I’m happy with how I am despite some difficulties and this is literally the only life I’ve ever known. If I got cured from having Asperger’s then I wouldn’t know how to live “normally” since I never did that before.