• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular opinions

WildHennaCharizard

I'm getting very tired of the fact that nobody seems to want to enjoy things anymore. Movies,games, tv shows etc come out and all people do it rant and nit pick it. Saying it's bad, should have done this etc. People should at least try to enjoy it for what it is and if they don't like just find something they do, instead off just be a downer.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Well this would get me a lot of the hatred in comics community ....but i doesn't really care about that part anymore .....i love new 52'Superman.......sorry but i am not sorry for being a fan of that version of the characters from comics.
Batman inc .....suck but it did great job with make pre-flashpoint Bruce Wayne move away his usual mom and dad issue and i hate that he keep act like a manchild....cry about his damn mommy and daddy,
I like the amazing Spider-Man 1 as my Spider-Man film .

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I'm getting very tired of the fact that nobody seems to want to enjoy things anymore. Movies,games, tv shows etc come out and all people do it rant and nit pick it. Saying it's bad, should have done this etc. People should at least try to enjoy it for what it is and if they don't like just find something they do, instead off just be a downer.
I don’t think this is an unpopular opinion in the slightest. And ranting/nitpicking doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy something.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm tired of Non-Normal levels ending up in the Normal section in Mario Maker. I know why they are in terms of being beaten percentage wise, but it gets tiring running into troll levels and impossible ones there.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Phil Collins isn’t really a good singer or musician. Most of his work is either dull and sounds as if even he is so bored with the song that he’s falling asleep himself or is just meh. As a producer he isn’t too bad but his solo work and even work with Genesis is not that great. His only good songs that are actually tolerable are In the Air and Easy Lover but the only reason that song is great is because of Phillip Bailey. Take Bailey out and the song sounds just like every other Phil Collins song. Even Tarzan was ruined by Phil! I bought the soundtrack before I saw the movie as a kid and I felt really really annoyed that I had to listen to that voice on almost every single track but the movie version of the Camp Song. I looked at my CD and I actually thought, “This is not the definition of a soundtrack! A good soundtrack has songs performed by more than one artist! If he is going to be in every single song then why not call it an album instead of a soundtrack?” Tarzan is literally nothing but a Phil Collins album in animated movie form. You couldn’t write a solo song for Minnie Driver who is a really talented singer about learning about Tarzan? You had to give the only song not sung by you to Rosie O'Donnell? And you only gave one verse to Glenn Close who is a Broadway actress and has a nice singing voice? If Elton John could co-write songs for The Lion King which in turn made a great soundtrack without inserting himself into every single song in the movie why couldn’t you? Was it really that hard for your enormous ego not to write songs that didn’t have you singing them? And Strangers Like Me is supposed to be a song written to be seen from Tarzan’s perspective but it loses that impact when the same guy who sang every other song up til then starts singing this one. It’s just as effective as Dorothy singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow and then If Only I Got a Brain/Heart/Nerve in the Wizard of Oz. Or Anna singing Let It Go instead of Elsa as she creates the ice castle. Having the same person singing a song that sang other songs in the same movie that is supposed to be seen from the main subject’s point of view loses any emotional impact and character development.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
There's nothing narrativelty wrong with Ariel being played by a non white person and the people focusing on stuff like that should really avert their attention to bigger issues concerning America and the world in general.

Redstar45

There's nothing narrativelty wrong with Ariel being played by a non white person and the people focusing on stuff like that should really avert their attention to bigger issues concerning America and the world in general.
I think this more do with the fact this is pc era now and not everyone not going to be a care about the world then pre-social media was during the early days of the internet.

Sham

I think this more do with the fact this is pc era now and not everyone not going to be a care about the world then pre-social media was during the early days of the internet.
Still it's just dumb. The same thing with Zendaya portraying MJ in the Spider Man Movies (which are great by the way), why complain over something so trivial? There are Muslims being persucted in China and global warming is said to take out the world in the coming of years.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Ariel is a mermaid and I think not all mermaids have the same skin tone. The original version of the story never once mentioned the color of her skin. Not once. Disney created Ariel after several women and I believe they chose red hair because it was so vivid and stood out among the bright colors of the movie. Live action is different in that you can make an actress stand out from the background by costume and set design.

I also think that making a society that is so politically correct that almost every little thing can and will be found to be offensive has made it go way too far now. People have issues with Colonial America now because they had slaves? Seriously?! For three hundred years early American history was perfectly fine and beloved by people and the first American flag. was recognized as a part of history and not seen as being racist even during the Civil Rights era when racism was high and a conversation topic. Even the Bicentennial had the flag everywhere and no one complained. But Nike wants to put it on some shoes and all of a sudden the flag represents slavery and is considered offensive? This is what I have a problem with. People get offended by the slightest thing nowadays that it’s ridiculous! You constantly have to watch what you say because you might offend someone.

Last edited:

Sham

Ariel is a mermaid and I think not all mermaids have the same skin tone. The original version of the story never once mentioned the color of her skin. Not once. Disney created Ariel after several women and I believe they chose red hair because it was so vivid and stood out among the bright colors of the movie. Live action is different in that you can make an actress stand out from the background by costume and set design.
Well from what I heard concerning the people hating on this mess..it's because it being of "Danish origin" (apparently black people aren't in Denmark) and that constitutes her being white since it's a majority white country.

Redstar45

Problem is that most red-hair peoples are upset about that change and they are slowly die out over years.

Sham

I am bored so I will just give a short list of my "unpopular opinions"
-If you don't agree with your political party about 75 percent, you probably shouldn't claim them
-You can be liberal and bigoted.
-Canada is better than America in both social and economic values.
-Black people deserve reperations
-Christians are not persecuted in America but I feel like making fun of the religion have become so normalized versus making fun of Islam or Judaism.
-Cancel culture is ridicolous and quite frankly annoying at this point.
-Not going to college after High School isn't a bad choice but make sure you have a back up plan
-America was built on oppression and racism
-Race on race crime is not the same as police men people in power killing a certain race
-"Illegal" doesn't exist considering nobody except Native American's actually originated in America
-Twitter is toxic
-Being quick to call someone racist...homophobic...transphobic etc without probable cause desensitizes real cases of this.
-Beyonce is praised like she's God and I have yet to figure out why
-Most Trump supporters are racist and or have some type of biases towards a group of people
-Although I don't agree with cop hate, you won't be getting any sympathy from me

that's about it

Redstar45

I am bored so I will just give a short list of my "unpopular opinions"
-If you don't agree with your political party about 75 percent, you probably shouldn't claim them
-You can be liberal and bigoted.
-Canada is better than America in both social and economic values.
-Black people deserve reperations
-Christians are not persecuted in America but I feel like making fun of the religion have become so normalized versus making fun of Islam or Judaism.
-Cancel culture is ridicolous and quite frankly annoying at this point.
-Not going to college after High School isn't a bad choice but make sure you have a back up plan
-America was built on oppression and racism
-Race on race crime is not the same as police men people in power killing a certain race
-"Illegal" doesn't exist considering nobody except Native American's actually originated in America
-Twitter is toxic
-Being quick to call someone racist...homophobic...transphobic etc without probable cause desensitizes real cases of this.
-Beyonce is praised like she's God and I have yet to figure out why
-Most Trump supporters are racist and or have some type of biases towards a group of people
-Although I don't agree with cop hate, you won't be getting any sympathy from me

that's about it
I agreed with you but few thing such cops and trump supporters

Redstar45

I'm always open for discussion/debates; so if you want to (or don't) elaborate on that, feel free.
Well i am a son of a cop and i have talked to some Trump supporters in my homeland Canada
Not all cop are killers and not all trump supporters is racist as some use to be supporting Obama administration before Trump.
(I am no mean a Trump fan as i don't really care about him or what his political idea is .)

Sham

Well i am a son of a cop and i have talked to some Trump supporters in my homeland Canada
Not all cop are killers and not all trump supporters is racist as some use to be supporting Obama administration before Trump.
Well, that's interesting. I wasn't claiming all cops are killers. I was discussing when misforunate things happen to cops (for example here in New York cops were recently called only to be tricked and have water dumped on them). I feel that was wrong to do to them but my sympathy is lacking due to past events concerning cops and minorities and I can see were those people are coming from. Concerning Trump, yes some Trumpsters were voting for Obama but that's probably because Obama himself has deported more people than Trump. Yes he wasn't as loud about it as Trump but he still followed some of Trump's work. This doesn't negate the fact that Trump is worse and has said a lot prejudice stuff which reflects on his supporters.

Redstar45

Well, that's interesting. I wasn't claiming all cops are killers. I was discussing when misforunate things happen to cops (for example here in New York cops were recently called only to be tricked and have water dumped on them). I feel that was wrong to do to them but my sympathy is lacking due to past events concerning cops and minorities and I can see were those people are coming from. Concerning Trump, yes some Trumpsters were voting for Obama but that's probably because Obama himself has deported more people than Trump. Yes he wasn't as loud about it as Trump but he still followed some of Trump's work. This doesn't negate the fact that Trump is worse and has said a lot prejudice stuff which reflects on his supporters.
I see

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
You 100% are racist if you are an outright Trump supporter, but being called racist is apparently the worst thing you can call someone so they work their way around it and complain while they support horrible measures against vulnerable groups of people. "Economic Anxiety" is basically racism instead of supporting means to punish the rich people who destroyed their cities and value. The man pushes for state sponsored terrorism against minorities all the time, and is very anti-LGBT.

Also with cops the issue is there's no push to do better. Public opinions of cops are at an all time low, but who can blame people? Every other day a cop just blatantly kills an unarmed person not even committing a crime, and it just gets swept under the rug while the person who filmed it gets jailed instead.

Redstar45

You 100% are racist if you are an outright Trump supporter, but being called racist is apparently the worst thing you can call someone so they work their way around it and complain while they support horrible measures against vulnerable groups of people. "Economic Anxiety" is basically racism instead of supporting means to punish the rich people who destroyed their cities and value. The man pushes for state sponsored terrorism against minorities all the time, and is very anti-LGBT.

Also with cops the issue is there's no push to do better. Public opinions of cops are at an all time low, but who can blame people? Every other day a cop just blatantly kills an unarmed person not even committing a crime, and it just gets swept under the rug while the person who filmed it gets jailed instead.
Canada don't really have that problems other than Ottawa or bc apparently

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
"Customers love being aggressively greeted by every employee they encounter" is the worst corporate trueism of the century.

Employees hate it, customers hate it, but middle managers with Very Serious Degrees in Scientific Fields like "business" and marketing love it