• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular opinions

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
I prefer some dubs of anime over subs. Pokémon, Dragon Ball Z, And Yugioh (The original series) are three examples.

Also, for some anime I can watch it in either and still enjoy it. Digimon, D-Gray Man, and Zatch Bell to name a few.

I will always prefer the subbed versions of Naruto/Boruto and One Piece though just because I’ve grown so accustom to those voice performances.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
I watch every anime in english dub unless it's raw and recently new,really no point in watching in japanese if you don't speak the language,it would be a chore to have to read every subtitle.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
I watch every anime in english dub unless it's raw and recently new,really no point in watching in japanese if you don't speak the language,it would be a chore to have to read every subtitle.

That's great, more power to you, I honestly wish I could enjoy dub more too, but it's something I really can't watch (except I watch the dub of Pokemon with my kid, but that's more for him than for me). It's something that spans more than just anime though. I love watching international series on Netflix, but I can't stand watching them dubbed. Then again, I grew up in Belgium where, in the Dutch-speaking part, a lot is subtitled anyway (if there's an interview on the street with random people, for instance, it'll be subbed even if they speak Dutch). So I grew up with subtitles and they don't feel like a burden, and it doesn't feel like I'm missing anything on the screen.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I honestly dont see the appeal in collecting Funko Pop figures. There's literally hundreds of different characters to collect and most have the same pose. Additionally the fact they only have two black dots for eyes and no mouth is rather unsettling. Whenever I see them on a store shelf I ignore them and continue walking.

I know they cover so many aspects of pop culture there's probably a figure out there for everyone. But for me I'd rather not have any and just collect other things from my favorite franchises that are more appealing.

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
I honestly dont see the appeal in collecting Funko Pop figures. There's literally hundreds of different characters to collect and most have the same pose. Additionally the fact they only have two black dots for eyes and no mouth is rather unsettling. Whenever I see them on a store shelf I ignore them and continue walking.

I know they cover so many aspects of pop culture there's probably a figure out there for everyone. But for me I'd rather not have any and just collect other things from my favorite franchises that are more appealing.

I actually agree with you on the basis of just not really finding their designs all that appealing; never been a fan of the black dot eyes and mostly static poses either. The only time I've ever gotten Pop figures is if I'm very invested in the character(s) depicted (I have the FLCL cast for example), but other than that I don't usually bother with them.

Personally, I've always vastly preferred Figma or Nendoroid figures, as despite being way pricier usually depict characters very well and include multiple inter-changeable parts. Oh, and before anyone says "Those are only anime figures though.", I've seen them do figures for franchises such as Marvel, Harry Potter, and even It among others.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I actually agree with you on the basis of just not really finding their designs all that appealing; never been a fan of the black dot eyes and mostly static poses either. The only time I've ever gotten Pop figures is if I'm very invested in the character(s) depicted (I have the FLCL cast for example), but other than that I don't usually bother with them.

Personally, I've always vastly preferred Figma or Nendoroid figures, as despite being way pricier usually depict characters very well and include multiple inter-changeable parts. Oh, and before anyone says "Those are only anime figures though.", I've seen them do figures for franchises such as Marvel, Harry Potter, and even It among others.

Regarding the Funko Pops I'd say I find the humanoid ones the most unappealing. Mainly since they're the ones who have the same emotionless expression and similar pose. At least some of the non-humanoid figures look different like Pokemon, but personally I'll never buy them.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

Some aren’t that bad. The one I find most confusing is the flocked Squirtle Funko. Why is it fuzzy? It’s a turtle and turtles don’t have hair! The only Funko I own is the Debbie Harry one but I also want the two Jem characters, the Rupaul’s Drag Race figures, and the other drag queen figure exclusive to Hot Topic.

TwilightBlade

Hunter x hunter is overrated

I've never seen it but I heard good things about it. But I would never try to get into it even if I had time because I know that the series is infamous for going on long breaks.

I heard it's because the creator is sick but this has apparently been a problem for almost a decade so I never got why he won't just end the manga? :[

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Here's an unpopular opinion:

I have no strong opinions on the show: The Big Bang Theory.

I don't love it as much as my mom, and some of my biology professors, but I don't hate it as much as people on the Internet.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
The Tower of God manhwa is really good. The anime adaptation, not so much. If you watch the anime, then read the manhwa, your mind will be blown away of how much important stuff they cut out.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I have never seen Lex Luthor as a villain. An antagonist yes but he does have a point in wanting to keep Superman’s powers under control. He also does respect Superman as he clearly knows his secret identity but has never used that knowledge as a weapon or a threat by saying he would tell the world the truth. Other villains with the exception of the Joker use such advantage against superheroes. The Riddler threatened Batman to tell the world he was really Bruce Wayne and only decided not to when Batman presented a conundrum that his identity was one of the biggest riddles in Gotham and a riddle that everyone knows the answer to is worthless. Lex Luthor is also not the only one afraid of seeing Superman snap and going postal on everyone and becoming virtually unstoppable. Batman has the same fear. Superman can literally melt your brain if he really wanted to or freeze you by just breathing on you and push your frozen body over to shatter like glass. So you can’t blame Lex for wanting to make sure these things never happen.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I have never seen Lex Luthor as a villain. An antagonist yes but he does have a point in wanting to keep Superman’s powers under control. He also does respect Superman as he clearly knows his secret identity but has never used that knowledge as a weapon or a threat by saying he would tell the world the truth. Other villains with the exception of the Joker use such advantage against superheroes. The Riddler threatened Batman to tell the world he was really Bruce Wayne and only decided not to when Batman presented a conundrum that his identity was one of the biggest riddles in Gotham and a riddle that everyone knows the answer to is worthless. Lex Luthor is also not the only one afraid of seeing Superman snap and going postal on everyone and becoming virtually unstoppable. Batman has the same fear. Superman can literally melt your brain if he really wanted to or freeze you by just breathing on you and push your frozen body over to shatter like glass. So you can’t blame Lex for wanting to make sure these things never happen.
Makes sense, but only due to changes in the comic over time; originally Lex was a mad scientist who used his powers to steal stuff.

TwilightBlade

Here's an unpopular opinion:

I have no strong opinions on the show: The Big Bang Theory.

I don't love it as much as my mom, and some of my biology professors, but I don't hate it as much as people on the Internet.

So you're neutral about it? Most people are and so am I. I actually never saw a full episode of the show but I've seen parts of it when I left my t.v. on while the show is playing in the background. But I don't think it's funny and I always wondered how it became so popular.

Also this is unrelated but I don't think Will Ferrell is funny. He's probably the only comedian/actor that I really can't stand. :[

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So you're neutral about it? Most people are and so am I. I actually never saw a full episode of the show but I've seen parts of it when I left my t.v. on while the show is playing in the background. But I don't think it's funny and I always wondered how it became so popular.
It can have its moments, but it gets distilled in its abhorrent laugh track.

It's a mostly neutral opinion. I think some of the actors have potential, and sometimes I find something funny, but it doesn't do much for me.