• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular opinions

Sham

The Guardian of War
I think the over generalization of vegans trying to convert everyone into veganism and shame meat eaters is played. Of course I can only speak from personal experience but living in a big city I've never seen this. I've met about three vegans recently and only one (ironically my teacher) was heavy about the whole conversion and guilt trip thing. The rest didn't even mention it until it was time to order food at Shake Shack. Maybe it's a loud minority thing online but not sure about irl.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think the over generalization of vegans trying to convert everyone into veganism and shame meat eaters is played. Of course I can only speak from personal experience but living in a big city I've never seen this. I've met about three vegans recently and only one (ironically my teacher) was heavy about the whole conversion and guilt trip thing. The rest didn't even mention it until it was time to order food at Shake Shack. Maybe it's a loud minority thing online but not sure about irl.
It sort of depends on the vegan really. Youtubers are notorious for trying to shame viewers into becoming vegans. I actually find the “Vegan Challenge” guy annoying and no, becoming a vegan won’t solve all my problems as some of them are external and I have no control over them. Would doing that stupid challenge solve my problem of having to wear a mask when I do my part time job inside a nursing home washing dishes literally next to a machine that has temperatures reaching close to 200 Degrees F and there is no air conditioning in the room and the humidity is extremely high and it’s over 90 degrees outside? No. No it will not. Look I have absolutely nothing against veganism but don’t try to guilt trip me because I choose to eat meat and use animal products. That does not make me a bad person. I do not condone animal abuse or support companies testing products on animals unless it’s pet food or something that pets would need to use such as shampoo. Also someone on here in a different thread once tried to shame me for my choice to eat meat but that was two years ago. I think it’s my own choice if I want to eat meat and I will respect vegans’ wishes of not eating it 8n front of them if it does bother them and they tell me.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
It sort of depends on the vegan really. Youtubers are notorious for trying to shame viewers into becoming vegans. I actually find the “Vegan Challenge” guy annoying and no, becoming a vegan won’t solve all my problems as some of them are external and I have no control over them. Would doing that stupid challenge solve my problem of having to wear a mask when I do my part time job inside a nursing home washing dishes literally next to a machine that has temperatures reaching close to 200 Degrees F and there is no air conditioning in the room and the humidity is extremely high and it’s over 90 degrees outside? No. No it will not. Look I have absolutely nothing against veganism but don’t try to guilt trip me because I choose to eat meat and use animal products. That does not make me a bad person. I do not condone animal abuse or support companies testing products on animals unless it’s pet food or something that pets would need to use such as shampoo. Also someone on here in a different thread once tried to shame me for my choice to eat meat but that was two years ago. I think it’s my own choice if I want to eat meat and I will respect vegans’ wishes of not eating it 8n front of them if it does bother them and they tell me.
agreed. as I loved to eat red meat. and i am still an animal right myself

SerenaRulez

It rarely happens in real life and is mostly an internet thing and that goes for a lot of niche and minority groups like transgenders. I see tons of transgender support and communities online on Twitter and other sites but I don't think I have ever met a transgender person in real life.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It rarely happens in real life and is mostly an internet thing and that goes for a lot of niche and minority groups like transgenders. I see tons of transgender support and communities online on Twitter and other sites but I don't think I have ever met a transgender person in real life.
Some make the transition so seamlessly that you can’t even tell. I’ve met several and the main thing is to treat them like a person and not some sort of curiosity. Don’t ask about their progress unless they bring it up and remember to use their preferred pronouns and names. They may let a couple slip ups go by but they will correct you.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Alright. Let me do this:

MOVIES
1. Deadpool was a terrible film.
2. Catwoman, while not a good film, wasn't nearly as bad as people treat it.
3. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is incredibly overrated.
4. Ryan Reynolds is overrated.
5. Melissa McCarthy is underappreciated.
- a. I still think she's a terrible choice for Ursula.
6. Hugh Jackman was not a good choice for Wolverine.
7. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is what American films (should) aspire to be.
8. Bollywood has way too many musicals.
9. Lupita Nyong'o should've at least been nominated for an Academy Award for Us.
10. The Color Purple not winning a single Academy Award is hands down the greatest snub in the history of the ceremony.

TELEVISION
1. Rick & Morty is not appreciated by the right people.
2. South Park is one of the most overrated and terribly executed shows in the history of American television.
3. Saturday Night Live, as funny as it can be, is nothing more than a stepping stone for rising comedians.
4. British television comedy isn't as great as people make it out to be (excluding Monty Python).
5. Pokémon stopped being good around the Orange Island arc.
6. Dragon Ball Z, while not a bad show, is pretty overrated.
- a. Dragon Ball Z would've never regained popularity if it weren't for TeamFourStar.
7. Futurama being cancelled while The Simpsons is still on the air should be considered a national tragedy.

VIDEO GAMES
1. First-Person Shooters suck.
2. There are way better open world games out there than Red Dead Redemption 2.
3. Pokémon Sword & Shield is better than most games in the Pokémon series.
4. Masahiro Sakurai should retire.
- a. No, I don't think he's done anything wrong. I just think he's wearing himself thin making these games.
5. Final Fantasy VII is overrated.
- a. Final Fantasy XIII is far more enjoyable than Final Fantasy VII.
6. Yu-Gi-Oh! makes a far better video game than a physical trading card game.
7. Adding Negan to Tekken 7 was dumb.
8. Adding Leatherface to Mortal Kombat X was even dumber.
9. Rare being bought by Microsoft killed its chances of ever becoming a truly successful developer.
10. Nintendo will always be better than Microsoft and Sony.

MUSIC
1. BTS is overrated.
2. Metallica is overrated.
3. Led Zeppelin is overrated (minus Kashmir).
4. Utada Hikaru fell off real hard after Deep River.
5. Nicki Minaj is overrated.
- a. Every major female Hip Hop artist out right now (Doja Cat, Cardi B, Megan Thee Stallion, Lizzo) has more talent than she ever will.
6. The Beatles were overrated.
7. Taylor Swift should've stuck to Country.
8. Mariah Carey, even with all her success, is still vastly underappreciated.
9. Missy Elliott, while a talent rapper, is a better producer than she is a rapper.
10. Ariana Grande is overrated.
11. Nirvana is overrated.
12. Bruno Mars is a very talented artist, but 24K Magic was a terrible album.
13. Macarena is a musical masterpiece.
14. Beethoven is overrated.
15. Vivaldi is vastly underappreciated.
- a. He is also a way better composer than Beethoven.
16. Beyoncé's skyrocketed success as a solo artist is attributed to the sudden death of Aaliyah.

Last edited:

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Personally I dread whenever Memorial Day or Labor Day weekend comes around in the USA. While most people get the following Monday off I've gotta work since it's a big sales day. Which means MORE people are out shopping and requires me to work harder.

Additionally whenever I do order something online its usually around these dates. So now I've gotta wait an additional day for it to arrive since the postal service is closed for the holiday.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I have a new hot take.

I don't think people should be judged on whether or not they play indie games.

I understand about supporting the scene and not ruling out the games completely.
I also get that people can be snobbish on not wanting to play those type of titles.

In the end, though, I think people are going to play what they want to, and I think that's fine.

WalesNote

Sword and Shield ARE NOT that good. Probably the worst in the franchise.
Dragon Ball Z would have remained popular without TeamFourStar

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Oh boy, let's make some enemies.

Anime is trash. Well, not even anime specifically, but any cartoon that takes itself too seriously, of which anime series are almost always guilty. It's a bit like going to a circus and having the clowns try to put on a Shakespeare play. Cartoons have their roots in caricature, the grotesque exaggeration of real life. In my opinion, the format simply doesn't work for anything else, and cartoons and anime that try to be dramatic and sober (read: most anime) just come across as pretentious and somewhat ridiculous. I also find people get unreasonably defensive about anime so it's my favorite target when I'm looking to ruffle some feathers.

Sci-Fi is also trash. Star Wars, Star Trek, you name it. Being even remotely scientifically literate completely ruins them, as in order to appreciate them at all you're basically forced to turn your brain off, not think about things too hard, and just stare at the pretty explosions and space ninja fights on the screen. Suspension of disbelief is one thing, but when an entire movie or series falls apart if you don't apply it to literally every single scene, it just doesn't work. I can't will myself to be that dumb. It's for this reason that I hope to god shows like Firefly and The Expanse bring on a new renaissance of realistic Sci-Fi media, as they're honestly better in just about every way. Funny how actually trying to understand science leads to writing better science fiction, instead of just tossing out sciency-sounding words and aesthetics.

Horror is trash, most of it anyways. If a horror movie relies on jump scares and loud, obnoxious, chaotic scenes to convey any sense of fear to the audience, it's not conveying fear, it's startling them. That's not the same thing, and by the time they leave the movie theater they've probably forgotten about it. Unfortunately, that describes the vast, vast majority of the horror genre. There are very few horror movies that actually present a real sense of deep, meaningful fear that stays with you for more than a few minutes after the jump scares pass, but the ones that do are usually really good.

Action movies... aren't actually all that trash, at least on a conceptual level. There is something to be said for a movie that doesn't require you to think too deeply about it, and instead lets you soak in some mindless action scenes and offers you a bit of escapism from the dystopian waking nightmare that is your life. Yeah, I know that sounds hypocritical after what I said about Sci-Fi media, but there's a key difference; action movies usually don't try to be smart. When you decide to dress your movie up with scientific concepts and themes, but, when you peel away the sciencey-sounding terms and futurepunk aesthetics, it turns out to be completely and entirely contrary to reality on just about every level, that's a problem. I was promised science fiction; you gave me just fiction. When you offer a dumb action movie with lots of explosions and fight scenes and deliver a dumb action movie with lots of explosions and fight scenes, that's fine.

Breaking away from movies and media for a while, people suck. Like on a basic, fundamental level, humanity is awful. So many people are selfish, divisive, prejudiced, and willfully ignorant that it's kind of become the norm. Many people are kind of desensitized to it, perhaps being guilty of it themselves. Hell, we all suck a little. But it holds us back so much as a species and I am entirely pessimistic about our chances of ever rising above our sucky nature. This little ball of rock we're on has some serious problems heading its way, and we our odds of overcoming them aren't looking good. Call me black-pilled if you want; I would love to be wrong, but I don't think I am.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Dragon Ball Z would have remained popular without TeamFourStar
Yep,TFS is funny but I prefer watching the actual series.But imagine if the show came out during the 2010s instead of the 90s/00s,it would've broke the internet.
Anime is trash. Well, not even anime specifically, but any cartoon that takes itself too seriously, of which anime series are almost always guilty. It's a bit like going to a circus and having the clowns try to put on a Shakespeare play. Cartoons have their roots in caricature, the grotesque exaggeration of real life. In my opinion, the format simply doesn't work for anything else, and cartoons and anime that try to be dramatic and sober (read: most anime) just come across as pretentious and somewhat ridiculous. I also find people get unreasonably defensive about anime so it's my favorite target when I'm looking to ruffle some feathers.
So there wasn't anime from back then or any recent anime that caught your eye?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Sakura clear arc anime didnt need to exist
They brought back the anime after 20 tears and it was nice. And then they ended it on a major climax, didnt resolve anything, basically just ended it in the middle of the plot.
iIts been 4 years and no word of a second season. Why revive an old amazing anime from the dead, make a new story and then not end it? And fans r not raging at all about it

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Pokemon SM anime is abomination and the worst anime ever made
It's not all that bad, the art-style is obnoxious such the facial expressions taken out of Spongebob Squarepants. Rotom being a
obnoxious photobombing Paparazzi including his voice is very annoying (The detective episode with the lost z-crystal he was so obnoxious :mad:)
And a lot of episodes seem like filler. And the phrases the Ultra Guardians use such as ultra roger is very cringe material.

Sakura as a character is great. Temari, Hanabi/Hinata are just a few on list of favorite anime type waifus/sexy girls, but poor Tenten didn't end up with any of the boys meaning Metal Lee's mother is unknown. But Pokemon series has the most ammount of my favorites.

The only ones from Naruto i just i can't stand are

Mei Terumi Her stupid pinetree hairstyle is just fugly on so many levels and her attitude doesn't help it.
Tsunade is overrated
Karui (Choji's wife) and Anko got really fat in boruto series

Last edited: