1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Unpopular Pokemon opinions V2 (READ FIRST POST)

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Pikachu Fan Number Nine, May 19, 2019.

1. Weavy

Weavy Usually silent

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who actually really likes the Sobble line. It gets so much hate right now, which is a shame because I really like the concept of starting out as a crybaby to becoming really confident and I think it's genius.

That being said, I feel like it's an unpopular opinion, but I still know a lot of people who picked Sobble. Maybe there's something I'm not seeing...

Trey pokes, Ignition and Emboar_Rulez like this.
  2. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Lost my profile picture when Ash beat Kukui

I kinda dislike Intelleon because to me it’s clearly a Dark or Ghoest type.It also reminds me too much of Greninja and that probably why it’s pure water

3. Dragalge

Dragalge Arctozolt

I’m surprised people even dislike Inteleon. Thought you guys liked the smug ones!

That being said, it’s the first time since Gen II where none of the starters became a big favorite of mine. And even Johto at least had Feraligatr.

4. RoughCoronet0

RoughCoronet0 Dragon lover

Intelleon is so far my favorite gen 8 starter. I love reptiles, and it has such a cool design. I especially love it’s signature move animation and that fact that it has water guns for fingers.

5. Emboar_Rulez

I prefer Cinderace he has slightly worse speed and attacks than Intelleon but I like that he has better defenses and look forward to seeing his hidden ability.

Trey pokes and TheWanderingMist like this.
  6. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

Yeah, its ability is basically going to make it the best starter by a long shot, even with its somewhat limited movepool.

7. Emboar_Rulez

Cinderace ability will be even better when it’s holding a expert belt.Also is any idea when the starters ha will be released?

8. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

I like the Water starter because of Misty, and the other Galar starters because they're mammals. I wouldn't adopt a Scorbunny as a pet (unlike real rabbits) though, could easily set your house on fire.

TwilightBlade likes this.
  9. EmeraldArcanine

EmeraldArcanine #TeamScorbunny

There's absolutely nothing that "speaks" Ghost or Dark typing about its design tho? There's nothing clear that it should be that at all.
    It looks like a Pokemon James Bond, that's... literally it.

10. Emboar_Rulez

But he’s a spy that seems to me like a dark or ghost type considering they gotta be sneaky.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  11. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

My personal issue isn't with Messon (Sobble) or Jimereon (Drizzile), but solely with their final form which I think looks very odd. Admittedly, I'm probably just upset that it has such a feminine design instead of looking more gender-neutral, which is something that I disliked about Ashirene (Primarina) as well.

12. Weavy

Weavy Usually silent

Inteleon is sadly most people's problem with the line (though I've seen a lot of flak for Drizzile as well), which I personally don't understand why. I personally think it's one of the coolest Pokemon of this generation, though I seem to be one of the very few people who thinks so apparently.

(I want to reply to more than one person, but I'm having trouble with that right now...)

TwilightBlade and NeedsAName like this.
  13. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

I'll be honest Intelleon to me isn't particularly feminine. If anything I got Intellon as more Masculine with the whole James bond vibe. I wouldn't have minded if it ended up being more feminine but I think they got it right. Here's my unpopular bit though. I like Sobble and Intelleon but I'm less of a fan of Drizzile. It's ok but to me its the stage I find the most disappointing.

14. EmeraldArcanine

EmeraldArcanine #TeamScorbunny

Drizzile is definitely an odd one to get used to for sure. The things' design is the pure definition of "Awkward Edgy Teen Phase" for a Pokemon starter line yet.

Leonhart likes this.
  15. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I agree that it's awkward, although the same applies to most middle stage Pokemon, especially the middle stages of Starter Pokemon from what I've noticed. In fact out of all middle stage Starters, I think I only really like Magmarashi (Quilava).

TwilightBlade and NeedsAName like this.
  16. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

My main issue with the Galar middle stages is that they all have colors that are out of place with their (pre)evolutions. Thwackey turns this ugly lime green, Raboot gains black (though admittedly this doesn’t bother me since it still works with its design), & Drizzile gains purple on its fins (?) where Sobble and Intelleon have yellow.

Leonhart and NeedsAName like this.
  17. Emboar_Rulez

I dislike all the middle stage evolutions of this generation because I find them kinda ugly except for Thwackey.I mean I get how the middle stage evolutions aren’t suppose to be as cute as the first stage evolutions or a s tough looking as the final stage evolutions but still.