• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Pokemon opinions V2 (READ FIRST POST)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I prefer Cinderace he has slightly worse speed and attacks than Intelleon but I like that he has better defenses and look forward to seeing his hidden ability.
Yeah, its ability is basically going to make it the best starter by a long shot, even with its somewhat limited movepool.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Cinderace ability will be even better when it’s holding a expert belt.Also is any idea when the starters ha will be released?

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I like the Water starter because of Misty, and the other Galar starters because they're mammals. I wouldn't adopt a Scorbunny as a pet (unlike real rabbits) though, could easily set your house on fire.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Weavy said:
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who actually really likes the Sobble line. It gets so much hate right now, which is a shame because I really like the concept of starting out as a crybaby to becoming really confident and I think it's genius.

That being said, I feel like it's an unpopular opinion, but I still know a lot of people who picked Sobble. Maybe there's something I'm not seeing...

My personal issue isn't with Messon (Sobble) or Jimereon (Drizzile), but solely with their final form which I think looks very odd. Admittedly, I'm probably just upset that it has such a feminine design instead of looking more gender-neutral, which is something that I disliked about Ashirene (Primarina) as well.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
My personal issue isn't with Messon (Sobble) or Jimereon (Drizzile), but solely with their final form which I think looks very odd. Admittedly, I'm probably just upset that it has such a feminine design instead of looking more gender-neutral, which is something that I disliked about Ashirene (Primarina) as well.

Inteleon is sadly most people's problem with the line (though I've seen a lot of flak for Drizzile as well), which I personally don't understand why. I personally think it's one of the coolest Pokemon of this generation, though I seem to be one of the very few people who thinks so apparently.

(I want to reply to more than one person, but I'm having trouble with that right now...)

Luthor

I'll be honest Intelleon to me isn't particularly feminine. If anything I got Intellon as more Masculine with the whole James bond vibe. I wouldn't have minded if it ended up being more feminine but I think they got it right. Here's my unpopular bit though. I like Sobble and Intelleon but I'm less of a fan of Drizzile. It's ok but to me its the stage I find the most disappointing.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
I'll be honest Intelleon to me isn't particularly feminine. If anything I got Intellon as more Masculine with the whole James bond vibe. I wouldn't have minded if it ended up being more feminine but I think they got it right. Here's my unpopular bit though. I like Sobble and Intelleon but I'm less of a fan of Drizzile. It's ok but to me its the stage I find the most disappointing.
Drizzile is definitely an odd one to get used to for sure. The things' design is the pure definition of "Awkward Edgy Teen Phase" for a Pokemon starter line yet.

Leonhart

Imagineer
EmeraldArcanine said:
Drizzile is definitely an odd one to get used to for sure. The things' design is the pure definition of "Awkward Edgy Teen Phase" for a Pokemon starter line yet.

I agree that it's awkward, although the same applies to most middle stage Pokemon, especially the middle stages of Starter Pokemon from what I've noticed. In fact out of all middle stage Starters, I think I only really like Magmarashi (Quilava).

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
My main issue with the Galar middle stages is that they all have colors that are out of place with their (pre)evolutions. Thwackey turns this ugly lime green, Raboot gains black (though admittedly this doesn’t bother me since it still works with its design), & Drizzile gains purple on its fins (?) where Sobble and Intelleon have yellow.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I dislike all the middle stage evolutions of this generation because I find them kinda ugly except for Thwackey.I mean I get how the middle stage evolutions aren’t suppose to be as cute as the first stage evolutions or a s tough looking as the final stage evolutions but still.

Luthor

I think Milotic should have an evolution method that doesn't involve trading with an item. Considering it used to evolve without trading I think it should have kept that. Perhaps change to evolve with maximum happiness while holding a Prism Scale

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Luthor said:
Perhaps change to evolve with maximum happiness while holding a marvel scale.

Marvel Scale isn't an item though, it's an Ability. And I thought that Hinbass (Feebas) having a new evolution method starting in Gen V was rather convenient.

Luthor

Marvel Scale isn't an item though, it's an Ability. And I thought that Hinbass (Feebas) having a new evolution method starting in Gen V was rather convenient.

Sorry meant a Prism Scale. It getting a different evolution method was fine but I'd prefer it if whatever method didn't involve trading with an item as for me that is my least favourite evolution trigger.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
i think the decision to cut the national dex was a good one as we near 1000 pokemon species
Oh I agree. I couldn’t even finish the Alola Dex or even Kalos after all these years. I’ve finished the Central and Mountain but still can’t complete the Mountain. I don’t have time now to transfer every other Pokémon into those games just to complete a National Dex. By the time that I do the next pair of games will come out and I’ll need to do it again! I don’t want to spend most of th3 time I play the games transferring all those Pokémon.