• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Pokemon opinions V2 (READ FIRST POST)

Leonhart

Imagineer
As much as I loved Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, the thought of them getting remakes doesn't really excite me. I thought the originals were already quite amazing, and I fear that the remakes wouldn't meet my expectations since I don't think Game Freak can improve on perfection. Their work on the Let's Go Kanto remakes doesn't exactly inspire confidence, either.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Something that came up in another thread reminded me of this opinion and I don't think people will like me much after this, but...

Please, no more remakes, no matter if it's Sinnoh or Let's Go. While I wouldn't complain if we did get them, I'd rather see new stuff or them spending more time on other stuff than remakes. People just expect remakes now and keep begging for them, but they are not obliged to do remakes.
I think regional remakes are used to fill the gaps between gens and whatnot.

Although updated remakes have seemingly went the way of the Dodo, I could still see a Sinnoh remake somewhere in the futrue.

Though how would they tackle Unova remakes. Would they give us both stories at the same time and give us one save slot each?

Orphalesion

I felt he saw it as something akin to "a stitch in time saves nine." While the level of panic he had didn't make sense compared to how far along the crisis would be, other charcters, most notably Leon, saying "We can put it off until later!" didn't seem like a good counterpoint to me.

The way Rose thinks is quite similar to real-life conservationism, who are justified in that action now will be easier than action in the future. For instance, the sooner there are efforts to save a species from going into extinction, the more manageable it would be. Compare the prompt action taken for the California Condor, who have made a recent rebound in wild population, to the Passenger Pigeon, a once-abundant species that went extinct because any major action taken was too late, as everyone was convinced the pigeons would never completely go away.

Rose is definitely rather extreme about it though. A better argument would be, "We have a thousand years to come up with a solution for it. You should take the time to find the best possible solution, then work on it to the best of your abilities so it can be the best answer you can possibly make," which is how those conservation efforts are actually planned out. (Not thinking things through was how efforts to stave off extinction of the Giant Panda only decreased their numbers further; people didn't realize how easily stressed they were around humans.)

As I said, I udnerstand what they were trying to do and the parallels they were trying to draw, it just fell flat to me. A intimidate threat could have made the whole storyline a lot more exiting,in my opinion. It would have also helped if they hadn't told us to "shuffle along and go play like a good little kid" while the plot was happening off-screen.

TwilightBlade

As much as I loved Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, the thought of them getting remakes doesn't really excite me. I thought the originals were already quite amazing, and I fear that the remakes wouldn't meet my expectations since I don't think Game Freak can improve on perfection. Their work on the Let's Go Kanto remakes doesn't exactly inspire confidence, either.

I'm excited to see some of the new stuff that Gamefreak will introduce but my hopes aren't as high as they were for the Hoenn remakes for instance because I was completely let down by the Kanto Switch games. :[

Serzooka

Me @ the world right now....
Apologies if this was ever said before, I'm still trying to figure my way into the forums.

After/If they make Pearl/Diamond remakes, I honestly wouldn't mind and kinda hope if they skip over BW in favour of XY. Unova already had their remakes/sequels and such nice stories, gimmicks and more that I don't think they should add any more to it. XY had a pretty thin story with bland characters to match, and I feel like it would be a lot easier and more enjoyable to do a remake of XY because there is so much potential to refine and develop the characters, the locations and the story it tried to tell. Changing the story wouldn't be much of an issue because the story wasn't told as good as it could be, to begin with. Changing BW's story would start up drama just because of how great it is. They would have a way better chance of outdoing the originals for XY than BW, and people would probably be more interested to see how they go about too.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Apologies if this was ever said before, I'm still trying to figure my way into the forums.

After/If they make Pearl/Diamond remakes, I honestly wouldn't mind and kinda hope if they skip over BW in favour of XY. Unova already had their remakes/sequels and such nice stories, gimmicks and more that I don't think they should add any more to it. XY had a pretty thin story with bland characters to match, and I feel like it would be a lot easier and more enjoyable to do a remake of XY because there is so much potential to refine and develop the characters, the locations and the story it tried to tell. Changing the story wouldn't be much of an issue because the story wasn't told as good as it could be, to begin with. Changing BW's story would start up drama just because of how great it is. They would have a way better chance of outdoing the originals for XY than BW, and people would probably be more interested to see how they go about too.

On the other hand, the Kyurem story was never finished. We never saw what Kyurem's original form looks like. I think that points to there being Unova remakes in the future. By the time Black and White were released, we already had previous-generation remakes, and they were likely saving the end of the Kyurem story for many years into the future.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
On the other hand, the Kyurem story was never finished. We never saw what Kyurem's original form looks like. I think that points to there being Unova remakes in the future. By the time Black and White were released, we already had previous-generation remakes, and they were likely saving the end of the Kyurem story for many years into the future.

GF should throw an excellent curve ball (pun intended) and rather than Unova remakes make... BW3 :p with the first 2 entries being VC releases.

Monox D. I-Fly

Probably from now on I will check every Pokemon according to their national Pokedex number and post here if I have any unpopular opinion about them. Let's start with #001, although I have said this multiple times: The first time I saw Bulbasaur, I was thinking that it's supposed to be a frog carrying an onion.

Last edited:

Luthor

I really like Regice's design but I think it needs a movepool improvement. I'm hoping that happens in the crown tundra.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I sort of like SwSh not including every Pokémon in existence at launch and slowly integrating them through DLC. It made players try out several older Pokémon that were often overlooked because there were other Pokémon of the same typing that did a better job such as Quagsire and Kantonian Mr. Mime. It also makes completing the Dex less of a headache and you don’t need to hunt down some of the more useless Pokémon like Unown and all of its forms and Luvdisc who was only good for farming Heart Scales.

MrJechgo

I sort of like SwSh not including every Pokémon in existence at launch and slowly integrating them through DLC. It made players try out several older Pokémon that were often overlooked because there were other Pokémon of the same typing that did a better job such as Quagsire and Kantonian Mr. Mime. It also makes completing the Dex less of a headache and you don’t need to hunt down some of the more useless Pokémon like Unown and all of its forms and Luvdisc who was only good for farming Heart Scales.
I can see people hating it because they cannot import their previous teams to Gen 8, but even then... who's actively doing this in every generation?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The fact I can't bring all my veterans to crush and humiliate Leon is why I'm not as invested in this game as I had been with previous entries

Monox D. I-Fly

My unpopular opinion #002 and #003:
When I was a kid, I couldn't distinguish between Ivysaur and Venusaur other than their color until the biggest bully in my class pointed it out for me that Venusaur has a full-blossom flower on its back while Ivysaur's still a bulb.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
My unpopular opinion #002 and #003:
When I was a kid, I couldn't distinguish between Ivysaur and Venusaur other than their color until the biggest bully in my class pointed it out for me that Venusaur has a full-blossom flower on its back while Ivysaur's still a bulb.
Could he say it nicely ?

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.