• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Pokemon opinions V2 (READ FIRST POST)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Maractus and Miltank are better than Lucario and Charizard.
I like Miltank more as a species than Lizardon (Charizard) just because I dislike how overrated the latter is, although I admit that I still have some PTSD from facing Akane's (Whitney's) Miltank.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Given that Johto is connected to Kanto with the Bullet Train and the S.S. Anne, I'm surprised that it wasn't offered as a DLC expansion for the Let's Go games.

They wanted it to be a 100% genwunner experience to the point even cross-gen pre-evos and evos were completly ignored.

For things like this it's the one game I'll never really like.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I’d rather have Let’s Go Johto than DP remakes.

This, but more I'd rather have anything over any sort of remakes period. I'm gonna get hate for saying this since I've been ganged up upon on this forum a few times for this opinion, but I'm getting really sick of all the begging for D/P remakes to the point I've had enough.

Even when Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX came out last year, I was like "This is nice and all, but I'd rather have something new over a remake" as an example. And this is a remake of a spin off. This would be my exact reaction should D/P remakes actually be a thing.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm sick of the begging too, moreso via Twitter though. It got to the point where I've muted as much about it that I can.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I like DP too but people being so deadset on remakes get old and tiring. Not to mention it'll lead to a wailing wall in case the next games turn out to be something else that's not it.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I like DP too but people being so deadset on remakes get old and tiring. Not to mention it'll lead to a wailing wall in case the next games turn out to be something else that's not it.
Hope is sometimes one of the few things ppl have. Let someone have it while it lasts

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I get being tired of hearing about DP remakes but it’s not like you have to look at the posts or engage with the people who keep hyping it up. It’s one thing if you were being forced to hear about it but you’re not.

I’m down for hyping up Gen 5 remakes as soon as DP remakes come though lol
They wanted it to be a 100% genwunner experience to the point even cross-gen pre-evos and evos were completly ignored.

For things like this it's the one game I'll never really like.
Which is such a dumb exclusion. I don’t remember using Megas, Fairy/Steel Types, or interacting with Mina/Archer in Gen 1. (Pre)evolutions from future generations make more since then any of the new Gen additions they added. That’s a win win for everyone: new fans get a preview of Pokémon from newer gens and older players get to use them in Kanto for the first time. This is such a missed opportunity but oh well

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
I LOVED the Kalos region. So many places to explore, castles, unique places, many towns and cities.
Kalos gets a lot of flack, but the game wasn't that bad. People (Myself included at times) like to complain about nitpicky things but I don't know if there is a TRUELY bad Pokemon game. I liked a lot of the features that they added in that game, like the Horde Battles, Super Training and Mega Evolution. I thought the art direction was underrated as well. It looked pretty good for their first 3D Pokemon game on a handheld.

Last edited: