• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Pokemon opinions V2 (READ FIRST POST)

Auraninja

Try to understand.
While I do think the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra were better than the Wild Area, one thing I think the Wild Area was better at was shifting Pokemon due to the weather cycles. It made the encounters feel a tad bit more unique.

Vini310

Pokémon DOES innovate, just because the innovations aren't thrown into your face, does not mean that there isn't innovation.
Frankly, the people who scream about Nintendo and Pokémon not innovating don't understand that most fans LIKE the small things the sequels does and aren't interested in drastic changes.
It's almost like making things differently just for the sake of being different fails really hard (Def Jam Icon, Fossil Fighters Frontier, Zelda II).

Complaining about innovation only works when the fans themselves are ignorant (Pokémon fans complain about the main series being stale, but ignore spin-offs completely).

I wonder if the pro-innovation crowd would practice what they preach if they became game developers.

Last edited:

Luthor

I've mentioned before that the scaling in pokemon is a bit odd (with Pokemon like Wailord or Eternatus) but another thing is that sometimes even subtle differences don't translate well. I never realised Arctozolt was as big as it was until I checked the Pokedex. It's 7'07. I assumed it was nearer to Charizard or Garchomp's height. Feel much more accuracy in height across the the board would help the games feel more immersive.

MrJechgo

I've mentioned before that the scaling in pokemon is a bit odd (with Pokemon like Wailord or Eternatus) but another thing is that sometimes even subtle differences don't translate well. I never realised Arctozolt was as big as it was until I checked the Pokedex. It's 7'07. I assumed it was nearer to Charizard or Garchomp's height. Feel much more accuracy in height across the the board would help the games feel more immersive.
Ponyta being 2 to 3 feet high is the biggest scaling weirdness XD

I know that a foal at bith is roughly 3 feet, but a pony is usually close to 5 feet tall. I swear, that episode in which Ash raced on a Ponyta threw people off big time XDD

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Ponyta being 2 to 3 feet high is the biggest scaling weirdness XD

I know that a foal at bith is roughly 3 feet, but a pony is usually close to 5 feet tall. I swear, that episode in which Ash raced on a Ponyta threw people off big time XDD
The anime is extremely weird when it comes to the size of Pokémon. Nidoking and Nidoqueen look like they’re over six feet tall in the anime but in reality they are barely 4 1/2 feet tall with Nidoqueen being only 4’3 and Nidoking being four inches taller. And Aerodactyl looked massive when it was flying around with Ash in its claws. Ash looks so tiny but Aerodactyl is about Six feet tall which is the same height as Incineroar which doesn’t make Ash look that small.

MrJechgo

The anime is extremely weird when it comes to the size of Pokémon. Nidoking and Nidoqueen look like they’re over six feet tall in the anime but in reality they are barely 4 1/2 feet tall with Nidoqueen being only 4’3 and Nidoking being four inches taller. And Aerodactyl looked massive when it was flying around with Ash in its claws. Ash looks so tiny but Aerodactyl is about Six feet tall which is the same height as Incineroar which doesn’t make Ash look that small.
Let's not get into Pokémon weights. Ash can lift very heavy Pokémon and at some point, managed to throw a giant log at Team Rocket, only to NOT being able to do the same in Alola XD