• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Pokemon opinions V2 (READ FIRST POST)

Orphalesion

I agree. I never had a problem with them as a trio.

Actually, I've found them way better than the Ash, brock and misty. At least, Cilan and Iris had an actual dynamic that was interesting and way more than an unfunny gag.

Didn't the gag with Misty dragging Brock around by the ear only show up once Brock rejoined them for Johto? I don't think it happened during the Kanto League itself (iirc)

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Since everyone else is talking smack about them, I actually like trade-evolutions.

Some of my favorite Pokemon come from them.
I wholeheartedly agree, which is why the added complication of trading with held items is so frustrating lol. But Scizor and Steelix ftw :)

Unpopular opinion:
I think that the dynamic of Cilan, Ash and Iris was nice and they had chimestry. Their departure episode was underwhelming tho
There was a lot of potential there with both of these characters, which is why Iris having the catchphrase “you’re such a kid” and its being so annoying was such a disappointment. Though that could have been an issue with the dub, maybe it sounded better in the Japanese.

Ironically, Iris and Cilan seemed tailor made to be carried over to the Kalos anime. Cilan’s pretty self explanatory, but Iris dealing with Fairy types could make for some pretty compelling stories imo.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I wholeheartedly agree, which is why the added complication of trading with held items is so frustrating lol. But Scizor and Steelix ftw :)

There was a lot of potential there with both of these characters, which is why Iris having the catchphrase “you’re such a kid” and its being so annoying was such a disappointment. Though that could have been an issue with the dub, maybe it sounded better in the Japanese.

Ironically, Iris and Cilan seemed tailor made to be carried over to the Kalos anime. Cilan’s pretty self explanatory, but Iris dealing with Fairy types could make for some pretty compelling stories imo.
Its such a missed opportunity not to show Iris Fairy types in her return :/

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Cilan is more attractive than N. Sorry not sorry.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Cilan was such a breath of fresh air after so many years of Brock...

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Gloria is best Champion.

KalloFox34

Grampa's Little Helper? What's That?
Unpopular opinion?

Vanilluxe actually had a good design and ppl criticizing Gen 5 saying it's "just ice cream" don't notice more of the finer details of the model/sprite. Both ice cream cones have visibly different personalities: the one on the right looks like it has a happy-go-lucky nature, while the one on the left looks more carefree. I also thought the straw coming out of the one on the right was a nice touch, and in Sword and Shield the ice on Vanilluxe looks exceptionally good, thanks to the Switch's much greater processing power as opposed to the 3DS. Overall I think that Vanilluxe gets much more hate than it deserves.
I agree. I think Vanilluxe is actually really adorable.

Aunque es la nostalgia, y los cimientos del anime, considero que la temporada 1 fue la que envejeció PEOR, ya que prácticamente estaba más destinada a la comedia (incluso más que a SM), y honestamente, los combates no se ven entretenidos, no yo. sé si sería porque me acostumbré a peleas más frenéticas, pero si no fuera por Magmar vs Charizard, todo sería muy Zzzz ...

Aunque la ventaja de esto es que a pesar de tener un comienzo rugiente, esto ayuda a que la construcción y evolución del anime se sienta satisfactoria, siendo el punto máximo de este DP :b

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I agree. I think Vanilluxe is actually really adorable.
I’ve always liked the Vanillite line and my love for it grew even more after I found a shiny Vanillite literally in the middle of a Hoarde battle in X. I’m perfectly fine with the designs of most Pokémon. The ones I think look awful are Druddigon (its coloration is really bad and it’s Shiny is easily the worst one ever!), Lickilicky (I call it Ickyicky and it just looks like a pile of lard), and Quilladin (that blank stare keeps making me think it watches you as you sleep while playing with a knife as it contemplates stabbing you.)

Vini310

The perceived "lack of exploration" in modern games does not bother me, since I'd rather have a linear path without HMs, then an open world with HMs.
I hate HMs so much, any Pokémon game who has them in inferior by default and no feature that the game have can make up for the disgrace that HMs are.
Without HMs, I finally have total freedom to build my team the way I want to, gone were the days where I had to catch a Flying-type just for Fly, or choose the Water-type just for Surf.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Gen 5 was disappointing. It was so story oriented, it was lacking in many other aspects. For starters, the 3D in the game was terrible. Theyv were better off sticking to sprites the whole game. It didn't have to many good pokemon designs either. There were a few great ones, but the rest were just there. Like the monkey budget starters.

Vini310

Gen 5 was disappointing. It was so story oriented, it was lacking in many other aspects. For starters, the 3D in the game was terrible. Theyv were better off sticking to sprites the whole game. It didn't have to many good pokemon designs either. There were a few great ones, but the rest were just there. Like the monkey budget starters.
The monkey budget starters who were overall really bad in terms of stats, even when fully evolved.

Gurk

- Black & White anime '' serious and competent '' TRio were horrible. I didn't like them at all.
- Trubbish is extremely cute, and so is Garbodor.
- I do not miss the maze-y '' endurance test '' dungeons from the 2D games. They were always my least favorite parts of those games. Encounters, necessary HMs, trainer battles, encounters, trainer battles, use HMs, encounters... yeah nah. I hate dungeons in general.

Luthor

For most of the Eeveelutions I actually want them to get some buffs. Most of the Eeveelutions lost useful moves (or can only get them by transfer) Losing Toxic & Hidden power mainly. Even some of the less prominent losses are still notable such as Flame charge (Flareon), Water Pulse (Glaceon) and Signal beam (Jolteon). These losses would be fine if they were getting other moves to fill in the gaps but they haven't really got much new and they didn't have the most expansive moveset before. Sylveon is the only one not lose much and infact gained mystical fire so we know they can still get upgrades. I'd also be up for them each getting secondary abilities just to freshen them up as new abilities could really help them.

MrJechgo

For most of the Eeveelutions I actually want them to get some buffs. Most of the Eeveelutions lost useful moves (or can only get them by transfer) Losing Toxic & Hidden power mainly. Even some of the less prominent losses are still notable such as Flame charge (Flareon), Water Pulse (Glaceon) and Signal beam (Jolteon). These losses would be fine if they were getting other moves to fill in the gaps but they haven't really got much new and they didn't have the most expansive moveset before. Sylveon is the only one not lose much and infact gained mystical fire so we know they can still get upgrades. I'd also be up for them each getting secondary abilities just to freshen them up as new abilities could really help them.
Give them the Partner Eevee moves from Let's Go... with a nerf to lower their secondary effetcs from 100% to 10% :p

Luthor

Give them the Partner Eevee moves from Let's Go... with a nerf to lower their secondary effetcs from 100% to 10% :p

If they are going to nerf the moves that much I'd rather they leave them exclusive to Partner Eevee and create brand new moves for the evolved Eeveelutions. Most of them have a decent enough STAB move (only exception is possibly Flareon and that's mostly just due to the recoil of flare blitz combined). There's other moves I'd give them but they don't need to be that powerful more like giving Glaceon Bubblebeam, Brine or Muddy water would mean losing water pulse would be fine as they still had a viable water option.

Last edited: