• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Pokemon opinions V2 (READ FIRST POST)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Serena was the person with the most depth in the anime imo.
The people who said she was just about loving Ash didnt understand her character growth at all.
Thats my opinion.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I don't know how unpopular it is, but since I don't hear anybody speak of it, I suppose it counts:

I miss the run-down industrial look of Orre. I hope we get more places in upcoming Pokémon games with a rusty, used look to them.

I'm surprised TPC hasn't reached out to IDW to license a comic series. Considering Pokemon already makes a lot of money, a long-running comic series seems like a no-brainer.
Probably because Shueisha already has the Pokémon comics rights.

(Also probably because The Pokémon Company doesn't hand out rights very easily.)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I'm surprised TPC hasn't reached out to IDW to license a comic series. Considering Pokemon already makes a lot of money, a long-running comic series seems like a no-brainer.
Please no

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Orre's one of those regions I like, but I wouldn't want in a main series.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
i say this as someone who started with gen 3. gen 3 had the worst sprites besides red, blue, and green. i feel like those shouldn't even count though

even yellow was better

i can't really explain it but some pokemon just look off. salamence, nosepass, geodude, and regirock come to mind

don't even get me started on the pokemon in rse that aren't native to hoenn
I thought Gen 3 had some decent sprites. Not perfect and amazing but also not Japanese Red and Green bad either.

Vini310

Game Freak should remove battle facilities, BUT pick the difficulty associated with said battle facilities and apply them to the whole story (a la Pokémon Clover).
I know that discussion about fangames is'nt allowed, but Pokémon Clover is what a difficult Pokémon game should be. Anyone interested in a challenging experience should play Pokémon Clover, seriously.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
i say this as someone who started with gen 3. gen 3 had the worst sprites besides red, blue, and green. i feel like those shouldn't even count though

even yellow was better

i can't really explain it but some pokemon just look off. salamence, nosepass, geodude, and regirock come to mind

don't even get me started on the pokemon in rse that aren't native to hoenn
True, but there were still a number of good sprites, too, such as Flygon, Latios, and even Pokemon outside of the Hoenn Dex, like Aerodactyl and Tauros, who both look very dynamic. Dragonite, Nidoqueen, Houndoom, Lapras, Raikou and Suicune looked pretty dumb, though.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
There is no such thing as a 3D sprite, just 3D models. (There can be sprites in a 3D space however, like what's done with PaRappa the Rapper and the Paper Mario games.

Vini310

It helps you grind faster.
The problem with Pokémon is that the difficulty isn't balanced around the Exp. Share.
Look at Pokémon Clover as an example of how to do an Exp. Share well.

Teravolt

Byakuya Supremacist