• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Pokemon opinions V2 (READ FIRST POST)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Diantha is the most interesting champion with the besttttttt design and background and team . Love u

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
i couldn't care less whether sprigatito [or any pokemon for that matter] remains a quadruped after it evolves. i see people posting about it all the time and i just don't get it

as long as i like the evolution it's fine with me
Same here. I don't have an issue with quadrupedal starters becoming bipedal. Actually, I prefer it for some of them.

Still dissapointed Samurott end up being quadrupedal, to be honest

Orphalesion

To be completely honest. I hate Pokemon Go and I wish they would have never invented it.
I'm not against the new fans it brings into the fandom. I'm not against the causal players or the idea that you have to go to that "outside" place in order to play it.

But what I don't like is that within some people (who, most likely, are only a very small number of Go players) it encourages bad behaviour like trespassing into private property and bothering people and things like that. That's a problem I have with all augmented reality games.
(I don't believe some of the horror stories that were circulating some years back, but people being obnoxious is most definitely somethign that happens)

Luthor

Dawn’s Typhlosion (if you’re a male player who chose Turtwig) has the same strategy, in her case it’s only got Eruption with a Choice Scarf so it can most likely outspeed you and hit with max power Eruption. Unlike Sunflora, Typhlosion actually does have the Speed to make that strategy work.

It's also slightly better as Eruption will always do something which when compared to solarbeam which when sun is not up which it has to take an additional turn.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
A good chunk of the Pokemon fandom will denigrate a game if Charizard is in it, but will also do the same thing if there isn't a new Eeveelution. Both are overrated and both are constantly stuffed down our throats, but why is only one generally seen as a problem or crutch for the game?

PCN24454

A good chunk of the Pokemon fandom will denigrate a game if Charizard is in it, but will also do the same thing if there isn't a new Eeveelution. Both are overrated and both are constantly stuffed down our throats, but why is only one generally seen as a problem or crutch for the game?
People denigrate Eevee but not the Eeveelutions. That’s why people are still asking when Chloe’s Eevee is going to evolve.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Because we're sick of Eevee. The Eeveelutions made Eevee and they seem to have forgotten that

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I wish they hadn’t abandoned the original story, where Pokemon were mysteriously appearing all the time.

Random Man2

HYPER BEAM!
Yes. People always complain about these moves when used against them. People did that all the time back when I played on Pokémon NetBattle, and I recently won a Discord Pokémon tournament in which my final opponent complained about my use of Horn Drill Dragonite against him.

Bownzinho

I don’t really care about competitive stuff but I’ve got to say Stealth Rock is way more over centralising than anything else that people claim should be banned or has been banned in the past. Yes Mega Rayquaza is ridiculously powerful but not only must every single team have a Stealth Rock user but they must also have multiple ways to counter it.

That’s it, you’ll never see me make a post about competitive again

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm actually starting to appreciate the cut Pokedex. In previous gens, Pokemon would be transfer only (Gens 2, 5, 7), or split between versions (Gens 3, 4, and 6). The reason I appreciate it is because it is no longer practical to really put all of them in the game prior to post game since Gen 7 has already that issue. On top of that, I can learn to appreciate other Pokemon while still using some of my favorites. My one "complaint" comes from the fact that not every Pokemon is available on Switch Pokemon games, but we'll see what Scarlet/Violet do about that. (Also because you can't transfer Pokemon into Let's Go besides Go, certain Alolan forms cannot rest in your Switch games.)

Last edited:

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
I'm actually starting to appreciate the cut Pokedex. In previous gens, Pokemon would be transfer only (Gens 2, 5, 7), or split between versions (Gens 3, 4, and 6). The reason I appreciate it is because it is no longer practical to really put all of them in the game prior to post game since Gen 7 has already that issue. On top of that, I can learn to appreciate other Pokemon while still using some of my favorites. My one "complaint" comes from the fact that not every Pokemon is available on Switch Pokemon games, but we'll see what Scarlet/Violet do about that. (Also because you can't transfer Pokemon into Let's Go besides Go) certain Alolan forms cannot rest in your Switch games.)
This. I have three shiny Alolan Geodude I got via the GTS on Home, and I can't evolve them because the Geodude and Grimer lines were absent from the Isle of Armor gifts the Diglett guy gives out.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
This. I have three shiny Alolan Geodude I got via the GTS on Home, and I can't evolve them because the Geodude and Grimer lines were absent from the Isle of Armor gifts the Diglett guy gives out.
Normal Samurott is also not present since Legends: Arceus doesn't have a normal form for each Hisuian one.

Mirai

OR/AS were bloody awful remakes. This wouldn't have been such an unpopular opinion when the games came out since most people were disappointed about the lack of the BF but now the consensus seems to be that they were still good games.

Well I disagree. I can't even remember the last time I actually played them, they're just that boring to me.