1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Unpopular Pokemon opinions V2 (READ FIRST POST)

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Pikachu Fan Number Nine, May 19, 2019.

1. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

Aww, that breaks my heart.

I've always felt Sun and Moon's greatest redeeming quality was its music, especially the battle themes.

The only generation where I felt most of the music was subpar was Gen 5.

Ignition and Majespectre like this.
  2. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

:( Yea was hoping that some of what we ended up hearing so far would be good. Just not a fan of techno, I guess.

Agreed. I liked it ok. Even Team Skull's music. That was a good use of techno/rap music.

Ah.

3. Monozu

Monozu Cosmopolitan Dragon

The only game with music that felt lacklustre was XY. I also wasn't fond of the ORAS remixes. Gen 6 music seems to be rather hit-and-miss: you either love it or hate it.

My unpopular opinion is that anime contests >>>>> in-game contests (Gen 3 and 4). Anime contests were so much more creative with their appeals and actual battles, where coordinators invented their own move combinations in the hopes of looking elegant while fighting. They also had their own personal struggles and drama to overcome.

In game contests had none of that, and it was simply picking a move and hoping judges liked it.

Majespectre, Leonhart and wolf jani like this.
  4. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I actually agree with this, and I've recently realized just how bland Contests are in the games since they're repetitive and not much fun to me these days. I used to be a fan of them back in Gen III, but now I just find them really tedious compared to their anime counterpart.

5. eViL-nErD

eViL-nErD Member

X&Y was really good, I see a lot of peeps hating on it but it's one of my favorite Pokemon games and I've been playin Pokemon since Pokemon Yellow version.. c:

6. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

I actually think it would be perfectly fine to have an evolution for Banette without getting rid of Mega Banette as long as Banette's evolution had different strengths. Know a lot disagree.

7. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

I think /r/pokemon is the worst Pokemon website in history, and its continued existence is a swollen tick that threatens to poison young, impressionable fans.

Majespectre and Dragalge like this.
  8. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

I really dislike the idea of Arceus. The idea of "Pokemon God" just seems really, really silly imho.

I'd like it better if the lore was more along the lines of Arceus being used as a symbol for "god" in the Pokemon world/Sinnoh (just like in the very beginning the Egyptians used animals as symbols for the gods)

Majespectre likes this.
  9. Weavy

Weavy Usually silent

Ultra Beasts > Regional Variants.

At least UBs were actually new Pokemon and I personally think their strange appearances and "out there" concepts made them really interesting and they're among some of my favourite Gen 7 Pokemon. Meanwhile, I never really cared for regional variants; they're essentially just old Pokemon with a new coat of paint and most of them to me were rather meh.

Majespectre, Leonhart and Ignition like this.
  10. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

While I like the species, I personally think that it didn't need a Mega Evolution and that its Mega Evolved form could've just been a real evolution of the original Jupetta (Banette). The same goes for a lot of Mega Pokemon from my viewpoint, although I respect your opinion.

Majespectre and wolf jani like this.