• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Pokemon opinions V2 (READ FIRST POST)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I personally prefer Galarian Slowking to the regular form. Two main reasons I think its design concept is cool and it isn't a trade with item evolution.
I like how the Shellder clearly takes over and becomes both the eyes and the brain. Galarian Slowking is the new Parasect only without the unfortunate 4x weakness to Fire and Flying types which are both extremely common types.

Monox D. I-Fly

My unpopular Pokemon opinion #016-#018:
Pidgey's evolution line should be 2 stages only. Pidgeot is a pointless stage.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Didn't like baby Pokémon when they first came out. When playing the game, I tried to catch the earliest evolution of everything, since I wanted to raise all my Pokémon myself. Adding baby forms of already-existent Pokémon ruined what I'd already done.

Besides; it contradicted the anime, since they already showed a baby Pikachu.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Didn't like baby Pokémon when they first came out. When playing the game, I tried to catch the earliest evolution of everything, since I wanted to raise all my Pokémon myself. Adding baby forms of already-existent Pokémon ruined what I'd already done.

Not always. Roselia looked like it was an evolved form in Gen III and Wynaut added new moves to Wobbuffet.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas

It just as easily could have been a Pikachu with dwarfism

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It just as easily could have been a Pikachu with dwarfism
And we know many Gen II Pokémon were original intended to be in Gen I but limitations made things difficult. There was Ho-oh (which I have my own theory that the best known Missingno was originally supposed to be), breeding, a female playable character, and genders for most Pokémon.

Monox D. I-Fly

My unpopular Pokemon opinion #019 & #020:
I was never bothered by the over-abundance of Rattata in Pokemon Go. After all, they're easy to evolve for grinding EXP.

Ampharos should've been a Dragon in GSC and that I prefer Ghost over Flying for Decidueye, even if it is literally a bird

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Ampharos should've been a Dragon in GSC and that I prefer Ghost over Flying for Decidueye, even if it is literally a bird
Same for Lizardon as he should be freaking "Dragon" type not flying type back in the gen 1 era

Monox D. I-Fly

My unpopular Pokemon opinion #021 & #022:
The Spearow line should be exchanged with the Rattata line in the Pokedex, continuing the bird theme from Pidgey line.

Another unpopular opinion:

I want HMs back...

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Another unpopular opinion:

I want HMs back...
I only want certain HMs with a couple of moves becoming HMs. I want Defog and Rock Climb back along with Foresight and Telekinesis becoming new ones. Foresight would act like the Scopes and used to find hidden Pokémon and also to reveal hidden dangers and eliminate illusions during certain puzzles such as a maze inside a crumbling ruins of a skyscraper. Telekinesis would be used to move special statues and giant objects from one place to another from a distance to solve a puzzle. For example, you are looking for a Legendary Pokémon and you need to get across a giant pit but you don’t see anything you can use on your side to get across and there are no alternative paths to the other side. You also see a gigantic orb on the ground and a bunch of giant pillars. You then use Telekinesis to move the orb and make it run into a pillar and knock it over to cause a chain reaction that forces the other pillars to topple over and to create a bridge. I know Rock Climb is not that good in battle but I just enjoy the idea of climbing up walls to get to new areas.

Monox D. I-Fly

My unpopular Pokemon opinion #021 & #022:
The Spearow line should be exchanged with the Rattata line in the Pokedex, continuing the bird theme from Pidgey line.
My unpopular Pokemon opinion #022 - #034:
As I said above, the Spearow line should be exchanged with the Rattata line and the Pikachu line should come after Rattata's followed with Sandshrew's and both Nidoran's line gathering all the nearby mouse lines in one place with the Ekans line after them all.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Dynamax Adventures reminded me of an unpopular opinion I have...

I absolutely adore the UBs and would like to see more of them. No one is convincing me otherwise. Celesteela and Xurkitree in particular are some of my favourite Pokemon in the entire series. There is no UB I dislike, but there's a few I think could be better.