• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Pokemon opinions V2 (READ FIRST POST)

Orphalesion

As I said, Dark is my favorite typing, and I'm looking forward to see any missing dual combo (*coughcoughBugDarkcoughcough*).
Runner-ups, for me, would be:
  • Rock; mostly because of dinosaurs, still waiting for dinosaur-looking fossiled Fire/Rock, Grass/Rock, Water/Rock, Electric/Rock and Ghost/Rock.
  • Flying; birds can be fun, still waiting for non-Legendary/non-Mythical avian Electric/Flying (not Oricorio) and Grass/Flying (that isn't a curveball like Decidueye, not hating it though ;) )
  • Ground; I don't know why, but I just got a fascination for geomancy/geokinesis, still waiting for a suitable Electric/Ground that isn't Stinfisk XD
  • Fighting; That one is a classic, and as much as it got flak for being overrepresented, it's still a fun type to use, new Water/Fighting, new Ghost/Fighting and to finally get a Electric/Fighting and Fairy/Fighting, it would be great ;)

I'm still waiting for a non-legendary Water/Grass Pokemon that looks less hideous than Ludiculo there's so much they could do with this typing! Kelp, sea grass, sea lillies (focusing on the blossom part of the plant)
My favourite idea would be a manatee-based Pokemon Water/Grass Pokemon that floats in the water, with it's back being above the water line and being a little "island" with grass and flowers growing on it.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I'm still waiting for a non-legendary Water/Grass Pokemon that looks less hideous than Ludiculo there's so much they could do with this typing! Kelp, sea grass, sea lillies (focusing on the blossom part of the plant)
My favourite idea would be a manatee-based Pokemon Water/Grass Pokemon that floats in the water, with it's back being above the water line and being a little "island" with grass and flowers growing on it.
I had an idea for a water lily koi fish Pokémon which starts off small with just a lily pad on the koi’s back which then gets bigger and the lily pad has a budding flower similar to Ivysaur and finally it gets big and has a full bloom waterlily with the pad still on the back. I could never decide on a good name for each of them. I think one was call Lillish after combining lily with fish but that is too close to Frillish.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
What I really want is a non-legendary, non-Kingdra water/dragon type. Bonus points if it's a 3-stage eastern dragon.

Orphalesion

I had an idea for a water lily koi fish Pokémon which starts off small with just a lily pad on the koi’s back which then gets bigger and the lily pad has a budding flower similar to Ivysaur and finally it gets big and has a full bloom waterlily with the pad still on the back. I could never decide on a good name for each of them. I think one was call Lillish after combining lily with fish but that is too close to Frillish.

That reminds of a fakemon idea I had as a child. it was an Amazon river dolphin Pokemon. It was a chubby little dolphin with a lilly pad on its back, the fins were leaves too and because Amazon river dolphins are blind it also had leavers over the eyes.
I called it Lindenphin (from Linden Tree + Dolphin)
For some reason I made it evolve into some sort of absolutely hideous Loch Ness monster/octopus hybrid called "Lindoctus" with a long neck and plesiosaur head (with very feminine eyes with long eyelashes), a giant blossom on its back and six tentacles that each ended in a differently coloured blossom.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I actually think both of those sound cool.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Dracovish? That's a Water/Dragon non legendary. Also a fossil.

Not a fan of it - hate concept and design - so I completly forgot the typing.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
What I really want is a non-legendary, non-Kingdra water/dragon type. Bonus points if it's a 3-stage eastern dragon.
I want a Water/Dragon Pokemon.

No, not that one.

Not that one either.

Definitely not that one.

Teasing.

Orphalesion

No, not that one.

Not that one either.

Definitely not that one.

Teasing.

Hey, with 898 Pokemon it's easy to forget about a species or two, particularly if it's a new one and/or one you don't particularly care for.

MrJechgo

Kingdra (hippocampus)
Palkia (not a marine creature)
Dracovish (hybrid between a dunkleosteus and a thyreophoran-typed dinosaur)

Kingdra... is the closest thing to a Water/Dragon fish :p

Monox D. I-Fly

Lilisces (Lily + Pisces)?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

No, not that one.

Not that one either.

Definitely not that one.

Teasing.

I'm very specific about my wants :p

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Not a fan of it - hate concept and design - so I completly forgot the typing.

Personally, I really don't like it either, I was just saying it exists.

I guess it's an unpopular opinion these days because if you dare say you don't like the Galar fossils, you get all the people coming at you saying "But them being mismatched is the joke, so it's supposed to be funny". I know what they're based on but I don't find it funny either and I actually think Dracovish is the worst offender.

To me at least, the Galar fossils are a perfect example of "Great idea, poor execution". They could have at least make them look like being that are able to function properly despite being chimeras.

Orphalesion

I guess it's an unpopular opinion these days because if you dare say you don't like the Galar fossils, you get all the people coming at you saying "But them being mismatched is the joke, so it's supposed to be funny". I know what they're based on but I don't find it funny either and I actually think Dracovish is the worst offender.

To me at least, the Galar fossils are a perfect example of "Great idea, poor execution". They could have at least make them look like being that are able to function properly despite being chimeras.

I agree 100% I got the "joke" right away (really more a reference, imho). I just never found it funny or cared for the atrocious executions with a few tweaks they coudl have looked so much nicer while still making the (supposed) "joke". For example:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Same here.

Honestly, I'd much rather the usual fossils that are half-rock type.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Weavy said:

I agree wholeheartedly. In particular, I dislike that one of the most popular rebuttals anytime someone criticizes the new Galar Fossil Pokemon is the usual "genwunner" counterargument that gets thrown around whenever someone says they dislike one of the newer Pokemon. I personally dislike the new Fossils, but it has nothing to do with me liking Gen I's designs more than the newer Pokemon designs, so it always irks me when fans pull the "genwunner" card.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I'm not sure how unpopular this is, but seeing as it's not an official battle mode as to this date I don't think it really stuck to people, but I will say that I really, really love inverse battles, and I will plant my flag on the claim that there should be a tournament in that battle format.

Orphalesion

Based on the previous responses this is apparently unpopular but I love the Galarian Fossils (my favourite is Arctozolt). That being said I get why some do not. I like pokemon that are a bit disturbing and they were really fun in-game so they appeal to me at least.

Don't worry everybody is allowed to like what they like.

Though I gotta say I don't find them "disturbing", to me it's a lot worse than "disturbing": I find them silly. As in "too silly to take serious in any way" That's why I don't like them.