• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Pokemon opinions V2 (READ FIRST POST)

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I hate how big the regional Pokedex's have become since XY started the trend of having over 400+ Pokemon. In XY, SM, and SWSH with over 400+ Pokemon to choose from I feel overwhelmed can't decided which Pokemon I want to use throughout the whole playthrough.

Personally I prefer the regions with the smaller Pokedex of around 200 to 300.
I agree. A smaller Dex is the best way to go and if there are a few more additions to the Pt Dex in BDSP, then I think these should be the additions other than the post game Legendaries and reasons why if any:
Sylveon
Litwick line- Adds more Ghost and Fire type options
Darumaka line- Unovan for more Fire Types, Galarian found hidden post game near Snowpoint City via Poké Radar
Tynamo line- Adds more Electric types
Mr Rime- You get Galarian Mr Mime in place of the foreign Magikarp trade
Mimikyu- To continue being Pikachu’s rival and add lore that Mimikyu is more common than once thought but only recently started to be noticed more often in other regions
Ditto- To help with breeding and to get Phione

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Raihan, Milo, Leon, and Piers aren’t attractive. There, I said it.

I love Delcatty.

Kalos wasn’t as good as people say it was.

BRING BACK THE BIKE THEME

Luthor

I've always wanted Phoebe to use a Shedinja over one of her Banette in initial battle. Not only just because of repeats but because its such a rarely seen Pokemon. It would also make the match more memorable with such a gimmicky odd Pokemon.

Last edited:

Lucariomen

I've always wanted Phoebe to use a Shedinja over one of her Banette in initial battle. Not only just because of repeats but because its such a rarely seen Pokemon. It would also make the match more memorable with such a gimmicky odd Pokemon.
While I like that idea, since Shedinja is so underrated and super cool, her battle would be too easy and basically the worst member of the Elite Four, considering Shedinja's multiple weakness, including the weakness that counters each member of her type specialty.

Luthor

While I like that idea, since Shedinja is so underrated and super cool, her battle would be too easy and basically the worst member of the Elite Four, considering Shedinja's multiple weakness, including the weakness that counters each member of her type specialty.

I'm not going to deny you're probably right in relation to game balance (and I acknowledge this is mainly as I like Shedinja). Though for gen 3 as many people might not have encountered one before so might actually get stumped by wonder guard (especially given how few ghosts there are and I don't recall any in-game trainers using it) if they were just using neutral hits. What i'd do is have her as the first elite 4 member so even if she was the easiest it wouldn't matter that much.

Lucariomen

I'm not going to deny you're probably right in relation to game balance (and I acknowledge this is mainly as I like Shedinja). Though for gen 3 as many people might not have encountered one before so might actually get stumped by wonder guard (especially given how few ghosts there are and I don't recall any in-game trainers using it) if they were just using neutral hits. What i'd do is have her as the first elite 4 member so even if she was the easiest it wouldn't matter that much.
Fair point, but many experienced players would acknowledge the existance of Wonder Guard, and the many experienced OG players that still play Gen 3 massively outbalances the few groups of players that could be caught offguard, and even less thanks to infosites like Bulbapedia and Serebii.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
I find the criticisms of the modern Pokémon games getting easier in today’s age to be overblown. Are they easier to an extent, yes. But Pokémon has never been hard in the first place.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Gen 8 starter are the best ones since the Sinnoh starter even with them being all solo types.

Love Grookey line and Cinderace for once isn't a quadrupped Pokemon that magically turns into a bipedal one. Like really, Chimchar was the last one and all of the following fire starter with the exception of Emboar look absolutely horrible while Cinderace does look good enough imo. Intelleon also has grown on me and now it's quite neat.

Captain Jigglypuff

I think Kalos was unappreciated. When it released, it had graphics ahead of time, brought us Mega Evolution, introducted Affection and Super Training...
I think part of the reason Kalos ended up that way is because it had no follow up games or a third version. So many questions are left unanswered in Kalos with the biggest ones being Zygarde’s actual connection to Yveltal and Xerneas other than the effects of its Aura Break Ability and where do the train tracks lead to in Couriway Town?

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I think part of the reason Kalos ended up that way is because it had no follow up games or a third version. So many questions are left unanswered in Kalos with the biggest ones being Zygarde’s actual connection to Yveltal and Xerneas other than the effects of its Aura Break Ability and where do the train tracks lead to in Couriway Town?
Yes it was super annoying that it didnt get another game, like the rest of the gens.
It could be the best game ever.
But I still loved XY

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Grass types were unappealing to me until Generation 3. Mainly because all the Grass types introduced in Gen 1 and 2 looked like actual plants. I didn't start finding them appealing until they started implementing the plants into the designs of Pokemon based off animals. Sceptile was the first Grass type I actually cared about since it has a cool design.

Captain Jigglypuff

Grass types were unappealing to me until Generation 3. Mainly because all the Grass types introduced in Gen 1 and 2 looked like actual plants. I didn't start finding them appealing until they started implementing the plants into the designs of Pokemon based off animals. Sceptile was the first Grass type I actually cared about since it has a cool design.
I sort of see what you mean but the Bulbasaur, Paras, and Chikorita lines always looked more like animals with some plant like features to them. Paras and Parasect are just regular bugs that have mushrooms growing on them. Parasect May be controlled by its Mushroom but it’s still just a bug all in all.

Luthor

IMO Paras looks like a Water-Grass. Paras is a crab.
I wouldn't say it should be a Water/Grass given to me its mainly inspired by a Cicada nymph at the paras stage. So bug/grass does work for me that being said given its evolved form seems to take some inspiration from Hermit Crabs I've always wanted it to get Crabhammer as a move.

Last edited: