• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Pokemon opinions V2 (READ FIRST POST)

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Gabite > Garchomp.

that is all…

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Shiny Pokémon should be replaced with a customization option, so player can freely change the color pallette of their Pokémon.
THIS.

Lucariomen

Shiny Pokémon should be replaced with a customization option, so player can freely change the color pallette of their Pokémon.
While I think that would never happen, it would be awesome to be able to design your shinies! That's why pokefusion.japeal is still alive...

Luthor

One thing I liked about the lets go games is that they were willing to change up team composition of the gym leaders if it made sense. Considering the limited rosters of Pokemon in the Kanto games some of the trainers initial battles are a little more fun (Misty, Koga and Sabrina's teams especially) as there's less reliance on repeats and in the postgame rematches the Kanto gym leaders get quite fun teams (considering the limited roster). The only trainer whose gym team I thought was inferior to previous gens is probably Giovanni who I think could have had a team of at least 5 (I would give him a Sandslash, a Marowak or possibly a Persian) but still they at least managed to avoid the repeat problem and he isn't postgame anyway.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I liked the catching mechanic in the Lets go games

RTLfan

I like anime Iris and I don't think her being condescending to Ash is off putting since A: being mature is a good thing and B: Ash really is immature often. I do agree that her storyline and development was poorly written but that's not enough to put me off of her eitger. (BTW what i like about her is that she's a nature girl, her hair, and her outfit).

Last edited:

Luthor

I don't mind that Dragonite looks so different from both Dratini and Dragonair though I do see why many other people do mind it.

I don't mind it but to me I just think it would be cool to have a branched evolution/Regional variant that keeps the similar design. The Dratini line hasn't really got much for quite some time now and I think it would be fun to explore it.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I don't mind grinding, HMs, TMs, or field moves.

I disliked the night/day cycle added in Gold/Silver/Crystal. It was already hard enough to catch 'em all.

I think the animation from the first few seasons of the anime's fine; there's plenty of detail, & the animators make up for limited sections with dynamic camera movements. (This is about the same opinion I have of Speed Racer.)

RTLfan

I don't mind it but to me I just think it would be cool to have a branched evolution/Regional variant that keeps the similar design. The Dratini line hasn't really got much for quite some time now and I think it would be fun to explore it.

Sounds to me like you certainly do mind.