• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Pokemon opinions V2 (READ FIRST POST)

Luthor

For me one thing I find odd in BDSP is that Gardenia's Sunflora's only has one move-Solar Beam. I understand that her Sunflora is supposed to work with Sunny day and Solar Power and a choice scarf but considering its possible to knock out the Pokemon that sets up the sun before it sets up the sun it leave Sunflora very vulnerable given how Solarbeam works (two turns unless in sun). I think they could have set it up so they use Solarbeam if sun is active but use something like Leaf storm if it isn't and then given it Sludge Bomb and Nature Power/Hyper Beam as options against those grass moves don't work on.

Last edited:

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Ummmm... just my opinion, but this seems to be more of a "you" issue (and an unhealthy issue at that) for getting so invested in a video game that you made yourself physically ill over something that should have very little impact on your life? I get that games can be frustrating (and at times they are intentionally designed to be challenging), but if you can't walk away and prioritize your personal wellbeing (both mentally and physically) before getting to such a point that you literally throw the game away because you've become physically and mentally unwell because the game... there may be bigger issues here than just a difficult Elite Four.
Considering I said that this is not something I had to deal with with other E4s and I've seen others who have ragequitted, no, this is not a "Me" issue. I'm not the only one who quit the game at that point, I never even got angry at all throughout the whole time I played BD. I have walked away from the game and picked it back up. I still ragequitted every time I did. I did this E4 way more times than I did the others. I'm allowed to be frustrated and call BS to how they did it.
Pokemon has been a part of my life for a decade now, so no, it doesn't have "very little" impact. It's not just a video game but it's a hobby for me and one I do take seriously (That doesn't mean I don't have fun, just been at this for years).

Please don't assume things about me or my mental health. How I approach video games is none of your business to begin with.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
They were competitively built? I mean, sure, they weren't easy but I'd hardly call them difficult. Maybe it's just because I willingly use revives and stuff during battle, not like I was EV trained or anything.
Yeah, the sets and all are stuff I see exclusively in competetive Wi-Fi battles and Smogon (Been around both competetive ingame Wi-Fi battles and Smogon for a few years before I went back to doing casual battles, the teams built pretty similarly). One of the movesets of the teams (The Driftblim) is legit banned from Smogon and whatnot because it's just that broken.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
The Venonat line being the only Generation I Pokemon not making any appearances in any regional dexes since Generation II. Especially after Dexit.
It’s this fact alone that has made many in the fandom want to see it in in the new region in S/V, because it’s clearly now known as the most neglected Kanto Pokémon. I remember Alola breaking the drought for the Meowth and Mankey lines, or Galar for the Krabby line. It deserves to be Venonat’s turn now!

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
*looks up BDSP elite four*
I guess some of the sets are stronger than others, but there's also plenty of weak stuff there. Dustox and Beautifly for instance. Or Sudowoodo without Wood Hammer (not that Sudowoodo is that strong to begin with, too slow and too poor special bulk, but Wood Hammer covering water and ground types is the one niche it has over most other Rock types that have better stats). The Drifblim mentioned doesn't even have any offensive attacks, just hit it with Taunt or something. If you get beaten by Minimize I'd say you deserve to lose, it's not even a strong move. Just hit it with something like Dragon Rush, Shock Wave, Heavy Slam, Thunder in rain, or Blizzard in hail. None of those are that hard to set up on it as it can't directly attack you, all it can do is reduce your physical damage by burning you or using Strength Sap.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
I pointed out that it's the Driftblim's moveset that is banned from competitive many times, not the Driftblim itself. I know Driftblim itself is fine. :/

Anyways I knew this was a bad opinion to say, ironic, so I'm just gonna dip. Considering people think that me being that frustrated over this bull of an E4 is a means to say that how I handle that frustration a problem with myself. Thanks.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
It’s this fact alone that has made many in the fandom want to see it in in the new region in S/V, because it’s clearly now known as the most neglected Kanto Pokémon. I remember Alola breaking the drought for the Meowth and Mankey lines, or Galar for the Krabby line. It deserves to be Venonat’s turn now!
And it finally is found outside of Kanto and Johto. Only Mew has never really been in any regional Dex outside of the first two Gens but it’s a Mythical which is a very different classification of Pokémon and it not getting another Dex number is understandable.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
For me one thing I find odd in BDSP is that Gardenia's Sunflora's only has one move-Solar Beam. I understand that her Sunflora is supposed to work with Sunny day and Solar Power and a choice scarf but considering its possible to knock out the Pokemon that sets up the sun before it sets up the sun it leave Sunflora very vulnerable given how Solarbeam works (two turns unless in sun). I think they could have set it up so they use Solarbeam if sun is active but use something like Leaf storm if it isn't and then given it Sludge Bomb and Nature Power/Hyper Beam as options against those grass moves don't work on.
Dawn’s Typhlosion (if you’re a male player who chose Turtwig) has the same strategy, in her case it’s only got Eruption with a Choice Scarf so it can most likely outspeed you and hit with max power Eruption. Unlike Sunflora, Typhlosion actually does have the Speed to make that strategy work.

Luthor

I like Mandibuzz as a Pokemon however I've always thought it has an odd name. I get its Mandible and Buzzard but to me Buzz on its own sounds more like a Bug or an electric type. Plus while Mandibuzz has Mandibles I wouldn't say they are really notable enough to warrant being part of the name.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Diantha is the most interesting champion with the besttttttt design and background and team . Love u

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
i couldn't care less whether sprigatito [or any pokemon for that matter] remains a quadruped after it evolves. i see people posting about it all the time and i just don't get it

as long as i like the evolution it's fine with me
Same here. I don't have an issue with quadrupedal starters becoming bipedal. Actually, I prefer it for some of them.

Still dissapointed Samurott end up being quadrupedal, to be honest

Orphalesion

To be completely honest. I hate Pokemon Go and I wish they would have never invented it.
I'm not against the new fans it brings into the fandom. I'm not against the causal players or the idea that you have to go to that "outside" place in order to play it.

But what I don't like is that within some people (who, most likely, are only a very small number of Go players) it encourages bad behaviour like trespassing into private property and bothering people and things like that. That's a problem I have with all augmented reality games.
(I don't believe some of the horror stories that were circulating some years back, but people being obnoxious is most definitely somethign that happens)

Luthor

Dawn’s Typhlosion (if you’re a male player who chose Turtwig) has the same strategy, in her case it’s only got Eruption with a Choice Scarf so it can most likely outspeed you and hit with max power Eruption. Unlike Sunflora, Typhlosion actually does have the Speed to make that strategy work.

It's also slightly better as Eruption will always do something which when compared to solarbeam which when sun is not up which it has to take an additional turn.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
A good chunk of the Pokemon fandom will denigrate a game if Charizard is in it, but will also do the same thing if there isn't a new Eeveelution. Both are overrated and both are constantly stuffed down our throats, but why is only one generally seen as a problem or crutch for the game?