• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular thoughts about cartoons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Harrison

A thread to basically get something off of your chest about anything animated/cartoony. Feel free to disagree, but please keep it civil and be respectful.

The Mega Champion

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a DUMPSTER FIRE.

BUT IT'S ENDING.

So...

NA NA NA NA

NA NA NA NA

HEY HEY HEY

GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Avatar The Last Airbender is way overrated and really isn’t 5hat good of a show. Not to mention that the third episode of the series showed how incredibly stupid everyone was in that universe and the most reasonable and logical solution to the conflict was literally screaming in their faces yet no one thought of using it. The solution? That the two tribes feuding was immediately nulled void when you take into account that agreeing to disagree is a form of agreement and they obviously agreed to escape from the Fire tribe and that they were bad and the stupid feud was caused by an orb. That’s a lot of agreeing when they said they’d never agree with each other. Even worse is that this same situation was used in 1961 in the book The Phantom Tollbooth. And how does the supposed hero of the show solve the problem? By making up a story which makes things even worse in the long run. Literally no lessons were learned and everyone involved in this episode acted and were complete morons! This is why I hate the series. I figured out the best solution five minutes into the episode and none of the characters figured out the answer that was extremely obvious to find. It was a radioactive Easter egg hidden inside an unlit coal mine. Even Stevie Wonder could see the most obvious solution and yes that was intended to be an insult to the series as a whole.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I've never liked Steven Universe, nor do I understand its appeal. I don't think it's as awful as say, Teen Titans Go, but it seems somewhat overpraised and I couldn't even finish the first season since the premise just seemed so uninteresting to me. The characters also annoyed me more than they intrigued me.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
I never got into Adventure Time it's apparently the most popular cartoon to come out of the 2010s.I found Regular Show more enjoyable to watch tbh.For me the golden age for cartoons was during the 90s-early 2000s,after this run everything went to sh*t.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Steven Universe is good. Its fans are horrible hateful people who need therapy.

MLP:FiM created and enabled many horrible predators, hatemongerers and YouTube careers(Often overlapping) via Bronies and Pegasisters.

Anime brings out the worst in people.

Voice acting as an industry needs background checks BADLY.

South Park's creators need to be held accountable for their role in helping create modern right-wing extremist hate politics.

The ratio of sex and violence in animation needs to be rebalanced in an equal AND mature manner free of gun culture, religion, jingoism and puritanism.

Goku is slowly destroying critical discussion of characters by having a power level (meme) that everybody is being scaled to, so that people are forgetting to discuss anything else about but power scaling, regarding characters.

Copyright no longer serves its original purpose, but to preserve wealth for the Super-Rich.

Korean animation deserves equal airtime as much as Japanese material.

Mario deserves a new animated series starring Charles Martinet.

All animations that star, employ or were created by #MeToo subjects should be pulled off the air as support for the victims of sex crimes.

CGI usage needs to be reduced to STRICTLY enhancement of, not the entirety of movies.

Disney needs to be antitrusted, along with Comcast, Viacom and Google.

Disney theme parks need to be held up to modern race standards. Splash Mountain and Frontierland, for example, need to go.

Fire Bob Iger and have an ANIMATOR in charge of the newly antitrusted Disney, not a successor to Eisner or the Disney family.

Walt Disney should be held in as much hate as any other Nazi collaborator.

And finally...

No. More. CGI. BLOB. FILLED. "LIVE-ACTION". REMAKES.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
1.MLP is bad/awful show.
2.I never got into newer cartoons such as Steven Universe, Adventure Time.
3.Even some bad old CN shows are better than new "good" ones.
4.New Disney animated movies(CGI) are bad compared to old ones.
5.DC animated movies are amazing.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
1.MLP is bad/awful show.
It sort of depends on which generation you’re talking about. The first two series in the first gen aren’t that bad with the show being pretty dark and actually killed off two villains on screen on tv and a third in the movie. When My Little Pony Tales aired, interest in the franchise was dwindling as the toys had been out for a decade by then and the show became sickening sweet and cheery. Then the third generation came out and it was mostly straight to video specials and the main problem was that there was literally one male character out of the dozens of cartoons and that was Spike and he was colored horribly wrong being this weird orange, blue and pink color combo which to the creators’ credit actually makes Druddigon and Shiny Druddigon look like masterpieces in comparison which is really saying something. And Spike spoke with a British accent for no real reason at all which is even stranger as none of the Ponies used the accent. The show was also way too girly at that point. Gen 4 is the best in terms of balancing story telling and character depth.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
It sort of depends on which generation you’re talking about. The first two series in the first gen aren’t that bad with the show being pretty dark and actually killed off two villains on screen on tv and a third in the movie. When My Little Pony Tales aired, interest in the franchise was dwindling as the toys had been out for a decade by then and the show became sickening sweet and cheery. Then the third generation came out and it was mostly straight to video specials and the main problem was that there was literally one male character out of the dozens of cartoons and that was Spike and he was colored horribly wrong being this weird orange, blue and pink color combo which to the creators’ credit actually makes Druddigon and Shiny Druddigon look like masterpieces in comparison which is really saying something. And Spike spoke with a British accent for no real reason at all which is even stranger as none of the Ponies used the accent. The show was also way too girly at that point. Gen 4 is the best in terms of balancing story telling and character depth.
I was talking about that overrated MLP;FiP show and everything that comes after it( so 2010-present). I still don't know how can adult guys watch that show. I understand young boys and of course girls because it's meant for them. But 17+ year old boys and adults. I don't know.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I was talking about that overrated MLP;FiP show and everything that comes after it( so 2010-present). I still don't know how can adult guys watch that show. I understand young boys and of course girls because it's meant for them. But 17+ year old boys and adults. I don't know.
I like it for the good storytelling and fluid animation style. It get pretty in depth when it comes to personalities and I like how each Pony has a trait unique to them and feels relatable in some ways. I like to think of myself as a casual Brony in that I enjoy the show but I don’t write fanfics about all of the characters, I don’t collect the merchandise, and I don’t go to conventions.

The Mega Champion

I've never liked Steven Universe, nor do I understand its appeal. I don't think it's as awful as say, Teen Titans Go, but it seems somewhat overpraised and I couldn't even finish the first season since the premise just seemed so uninteresting to me. The characters also annoyed me more than they intrigued me.

^^^ALL OF THIS.

I saw like, bits and pieces of a couple episodes and I pretty much hated everything I saw.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
All I’m going to say is that thinking any type of media is exclusively for a certain gender is very archaic and very small minded. Transformers toys were aimed exclusively for boys yet there were girls who liked the cartoon. Sailor Moon was clearly aimed at little girls yet hundreds of teenage boys are huge fans of the anime. Yes MLP toys are mainly aimed at girls but that doesn’t mean that the show has to do the same. Remember that the Young Justice cartoon was cancelled due to not enough toys based on the series being sold and having a large fan base among girls. That’s it. I’m done discussing this topic. I think we should all agree to disagree here and move on before everything gets out of control and this thread gets locked.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
This thread is better off getting locked since there's people trying to defend bronys and pedophiles watching a tv show strictly intended for little girls.
Says the guy who is into an anime for 10-year old boys.

Uh-huh.

Part 2.

Gender- and toy-based marketing of media is dated bullshite, even if it is promoting another product.

Code LYOKO:Evolution needs an English dub.

And a new Dungeons and Dragons animated series for the 18-32 demographic would be great.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Gravity Falls had really an ugly art style that made even looking at it make you want to gouge your eyes out with rusty nails just so you would not have to look at it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.