• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Titles That You Enjoy

Zibdas

not bad
Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom. Though I guess it's popular in the sense that everyone knows it's the best Spongebob game (on the consoles it is), but still, it's not all that well-known

Genos

The Indigo Disk
TimeShift.
The controls were a bit stiffy, but overall the game was great. I really enjoyed time-stopping.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
The Sonic Series in general. Sure, Shadow The Hedgehog/Sonic 06/Sonic Unleashed were all flops. But too many people I know cannot look past a bunch of flops, so even decent Sonic games get flack. There's also the people who hate the series just because "it stars a furry," despite that it stars an anthro, not a furry. Me, I don't hate the entire series for a few bad games or any other dumb reason. I stay more hopeful and play the Sonic games that are fun.

Murton

Once you were lost.
The Sonic Series in general. Sure, Shadow The Hedgehog/Sonic 06/Sonic Unleashed were all flops. But too many people I know cannot look past a bunch of flops, so even decent Sonic games get flack. There's also the people who hate the series just because "it stars a furry," despite that it stars an anthro, not a furry. Me, I don't hate the entire series for a few bad games or any other dumb reason. I stay more hopeful and play the Sonic games that are fun.

But everyone knows the Sonic games. Sure, a lot of the games are unpopular in the sense that a lot of gamers think the games are bad, but this thread is about the obscure games not a lot of people have heard of.

As for me, I really enjoyed 999 for the DS (as seen in my sig) and I don't think many people have heard of it.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Actually, the thread is just about unpopular titles in general. People have said Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06 in this thread, so why can't I mention the Sonic series as well?

Obscure games? ...I can't think of many. But I remember this one game for the Playstation known as Kagero: Deception 2, which I found particularly enjoyable, maybe due to the interesting premise of the game. You play as this girl who's being tracked down by several bounty-hunters, and you kill these bounty-hunters by setting traps all around the house. The intriguing premise was particularly enjoyable for me.

Murton

Once you were lost.
Actually, the thread is just about unpopular titles in general.

Just like most forms of entertainment, there are video games that many people will have not heard of, but you yourself secretly enjoy, even though nobody knows what you're waffling on about. Small game designer companies who do not have the funds to advertise globally often create entertaining video games that go unheard of in many places. So save your Mario and Call of Duty games; this thread is for video game titles that nobody knows, but everybody only you enjoy. Now allow me to post a couple of titles of my own:

Nope.

Also on topic: Jam with the Band for the DS. The main game is basically a bad Guitar Hero clone, but with the buttons of the DS instead. The fun part is the song editor where you can write your own songs. Tons and tons of fun.

Zazie

So 1991
I guess SNK Fighting games. It's got a cult fanbase, mostly in latin america, but most people haven't played any of the games. Around when SF4,Blazblue 1 and KOF 12 cam out, SNK really was the punchline of fighting games. It was mostly because King of Fighters 12 sucked, because when 13 came out, it became one of those games where it gets a lot of hype despite no one playing or knowing about it.

In particular I like some of the less popular SNK fighting games as well. King of Fighters Maximum Impact 2, is considered to be a unimpressive spin-off, but I liked the combination of 2d and 3d fighting game elements. PLus It has tons of fabulous costumes to unlock. Too bad the spin off series got cancelled, because most people would admit the games were getting progressively better.

I also like the Samurai Shodown games after 4 even though a lot of people ignore them. Samurai Shodown 4 is awesome, even if it doesn't play like the classic games, and Samurai Shodown 6 was ignored despite also being pretty good despite combining all the character and systems from all of the games.

There are also quite a few B-tier JRPG's I enjoy but I will post that later.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I guess SNK Fighting games. It's got a cult fanbase, mostly in latin america, but most people haven't played any of the games. Around when SF4,Blazblue 1 and KOF 12 cam out, SNK really was the punchline of fighting games. It was mostly because King of Fighters 12 sucked, because when 13 came out, it became one of those games where it gets a lot of hype despite no one playing or knowing about it.

In particular I like some of the less popular SNK fighting games as well. King of Fighters Maximum Impact 2, is considered to be a unimpressive spin-off, but I liked the combination of 2d and 3d fighting game elements. PLus It has tons of fabulous costumes to unlock. Too bad the spin off series got cancelled, because most people would admit the games were getting progressively better.

I also like the Samurai Shodown games after 4 even though a lot of people ignore them. Samurai Shodown 4 is awesome, even if it doesn't play like the classic games, and Samurai Shodown 6 was ignored despite also being pretty good despite combining all the character and systems from all of the games.

SNK Fighting games rule!

Last edited:

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
The Armored core series. Its a mech based third person shooter that lets you customize your mech with different arms, legs, core head, weapons(back, storage, shoulder, and arms), generator, boosters(for movement and flight), stablizers(mostley for looks but can have a huge impact on how you move), and even the paint(varies with the specific game but the newest ones lets you paint each part.) You go out on missions defeat enemies occasionally protect something and blow stuff up. Its fun but nobody is ever online(except the few pros who enjoy turning newb's mechs into swish cheese in secounds.)

Last edited:

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
Pretty much this.
Everybody who's posting games that are infamous, not unpopular, ur doen it rong.

But this OVGD, things get derailed.

Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom. Though I guess it's popular in the sense that everyone knows it's the best Spongebob game (on the consoles it is), but still, it's not all that well-known

I'd argue that Spongebob The Movie Game was also one of the best.

Zibdas

not bad

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
It's my job to at least try to keep the thread on track. Only the really badly created threads with super noobs posting in them deserve to get derailed. Stupid super noobs.

I don't know. Sometimes good threads turn bad.

Anyway, I kinda liked the Fairly Odd Parents game for the Gamecube, Shadows something or another.

Is that to your expectations Rezzo?