• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Titles That You Enjoy

Rezzo

Occasionally
Just like most forms of entertainment, there are video games that many people will have not heard of, but you yourself secretly enjoy, even though nobody knows what you're waffling on about. Small game designer companies who do not have the funds to advertise globally often create entertaining video games that go unheard of in many places. So save your Mario and Call of Duty games; this thread is for video game titles that nobody knows, but everybody only you enjoy. Now allow me to post a couple of titles of my own:

Hogs of War

I love this game. Whether it's Rick Mayall's witty commentary or the squeal of pigs being executed through explosives, this game was diamond when I was a young'n. Too bad Infogrammes went bust and didn't release a sequel.

Robot Wars: Arenas of Destruction

This game was... was bad. Very bad. Honestly. Go and watch a YouTube video of it or something if you're curious as to what the hell this is, but I loved building robots on this game even though it was so repetitive and had a tonne of glitches. Also watching Sir Killalot get destroyed in a minefield produced teh luls.

And yeah, those are just a couple of games that I have played (and enjoyed to an extent) that a lot of people haven't. So lets give love to those titles that probably deserve it. Post your favourite unheard-of game titles!

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
First post wooooo.

I don't know if it's particularly disliked, but Kirby Air Ride has been a perennial favorite in my family. It'll actually be sad saying our respects to the Wii, because the Wii U doesn't do Gamecube stuffs.

Though, I'm pretty sure few liked B&K: Nuts and Bolts. I agree it's not a great Banjo-Kazooie game, but I found it very enjoyable. I even made a vehicle that can drive up walls! All you have to do is employ a jet pointing downward on your car, and walla! It evens flies if you reverse, though you do have to drive up a slant if you actually want to drive up walls.

Abstinence Pistols

Binding of Isaac, Killing Floor, Brink, and Quake 4. None of them are really stellar for long periods of time, but they're good for a few minutes if you're bored.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I don't think the Armored Core series really counts as "popular" anymore and I ****ing love those games.

Binding of Isaac, Killing Floor, Brink, and Quake 4. None of them are really stellar for long periods of time, but they're good for a few minutes if you're bored.

>Binding of Isaac

thread title says "unpopular" broski

Abstinence Pistols

I don't think the Armored Core series really counts as "popular" anymore and I ****ing love those games.

>Binding of Isaac

thread title says "unpopular" broski

Yeah, but I've heard quite a few people talk about how they didn't like the game (you being one of them ;)).

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Well I enjoyed playing Sonic Rider when it first came out, even though everyone seemed to hate it without giving a clear reason why apart from "Ew why is Sonic is on a board?"

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Dante's Inferno, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 1 & 2, and Quake 4. All meh to good games everybody hates that are fun when I'm bored out of my skull and beyond.

ForeverFlame

I love Digimon games. Besides the popular ones, I also like:

- Digimon World 2 (gets a lot of flack but I love the roguelike mechanics)
- Digimon Rumble Arena 2 (a lot of people say that the first one is better, but I disagree)
- Digimon World DS and Dawn/Dusk (sometimes they can be painfully slow, and the random encounter rate is ridiculous, but they can be really fun)

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I liked Sonic 06 when I played 4 years ago.

Does that count?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
First post wooooo.

I don't know if it's particularly disliked, but Kirby Air Ride has been a perennial favorite in my family. It'll actually be sad saying our respects to the Wii, because the Wii U doesn't do Gamecube stuffs.

Though, I'm pretty sure few liked B&K: Nuts and Bolts. I agree it's not a great Banjo-Kazooie game, but I found it very enjoyable. I even made a vehicle that can drive up walls! All you have to do is employ a jet pointing downward on your car, and walla! It evens flies if you reverse, though you do have to drive up a slant if you actually want to drive up walls.

Oh my gosh, I LOVE Kirby Air Ride!! I still play it with my friends, even now! I just have so much fun with city trial, that and the fact my sister likes to beat me up on it...lol XD It's an awesome game

Recon

Do time management games count? Cause I really like playing titles in the Diner Dash series.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I don't think i've played and enjoyed any really unpopular games, I know Eternal Sonata gets quite a bit of flak for being on the short side along with its iffy battle system. So I guess maybe that.