• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unreleased Dream World Abilities

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I put together this topic for people to discuss any dream world abilities they are looking forward to having their dream world abilities released, and share sets for those.

For example I am hoping to see Lightning Rod Zapdos sometime soon. I look forward to using it to help in the fight against rain teams, specifically those carrying Therians. I'm not sure on a set I would use though, I would have to work it out.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
Contrary Serperior!!!

But a lot of things need to come out.

OrbrunnerX

That Guy
Shadow Tag Chandelure is something I'm waiting for with a measure of worry; it's certainly something I'd love to use, but it's also broken as all get-out (then again, we did think the same of Techniloom there) to the point that it'll likely get banned straight to Ubers.

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Shadow tag chandy will be great but won't last long in standard tiers. Shadow tag + trick has proven to create problems already with gothitelle; something like chandelure will be no different.

As for serperior, having a discussion with friends is really convincing me this thing will be as low as BL when released. SubSeed Serperior gives so many things so many problems with its speed. The only reliable checks i'm finding for it are crobat and virizion.

What I'm most excited for though are dw feraligatr (sheer force) and dw typhlosion (flash fire). Sheer force makes gatr a major powerhouse with or without dragon dance, getting waterfall, crunch, ice punch, and rock slide to abuse with it. However, I see this thing going UU but no further. Typhlosion getting flash fire finally gets it in the same league as the flash fire pokes of UU (chandy, houndoom, and arcanine). However, I don't see it really changing tiers.

Also, I can't forget zapdos (lightningrod), suicune (water absorb), entei (flash fire), and raikou (volt absorb), all of whom will be more viable. All but entei look appealing enough to be viable in OU.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about Shadow Tag Chandelure; there's almost no way that it will be allowed in standard OU for too long. I could be wrong, but Pokemon like Genesect and Tornadus-T have already had their danger levels amplified by having a Pokemon like Dugtrio around to trap problematic checks, so I'm not seeing too much of a difference from a Pokemon with far, far more power, access to Trick, and better bulk and immunities/resistances to switch around with.

I am pretty excited for Contrary Serperior. It now has Dragon Pulse, so it can actually damage the Dragon types that it had trouble with before. However, it may not really need it. A Leaf Storm / HP Fire / Substitute / Leech Seed set would hit a lot of Pokemon really hard with the offensive coverage, and Pokemon like Heatran and Dragonite that don't fear the Grass/Fire coverage can be stalled out by SubSeed, provided Serperior is running Leftovers.

Another one I'm especially excited for is Ice Body Regice. Regice is already a good Pokemon in NU with its incredible bulk and great power alongside BoltBeam coverage, but right now it has to rely on RestTalk for any real recovery. With Ice Body, you can just spam Protect every other turn and get 25% of your health back, kinda like Poison Heal Gliscor. Regice would pretty much be like a bulkier StallRein with worse defensive typing but much better offense. It would probably be one of the best Hail abusers in RU, if not THE best.

Reckless Emboar will also be pretty cool. It won't make an enormous difference, but throwing around Flare Blitzes, Head Smashes, and Wild Charges with 20% more power is pretty cool. For an example of how this would be useful, CB Emboar currently only 2HKOs 252/252+ Alomomola 44.5% of the time with Wild Charge, but Reckless would guarantee that.

Zachmac

I really, really want to get my hands on DW Serperior. Why, I'm already starting to play with ideas for a bulky offense team formed around it.
I wouldn't get my hopes up about Shadow Tag Chandelure; there's almost no way that it will be allowed in standard OU for too long. I could be wrong, but Pokemon like Genesect and Tornadus-T have already had their danger levels amplified by having a Pokemon like Dugtrio around to trap problematic checks, so I'm not seeing too much of a difference from a Pokemon with far, far more power, access to Trick, and better bulk and immunities/resistances to switch around with.
Gah, I didn't think about that....Volt Turn is annoying enough as it is already. I don't mind having it, but facing Volt Turn with a Chandy...that'd be ridiculous.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein

Yea I completely agree. I don't see much hope for Shadow Tag Chandelure.

Soperman

The One and Only
Enough with Chandy; even if he does come out, he'll be so broken he'll go straight to Ubers, possibly without even testing (as everyone at this point knows how deadly it is).
I'd like to see not only Zapdos, but the legendary dogs to come out in DW. There abilities could be really helpful, even if only in certain situations.
Not that much else I can think of :/

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
I made a thread like this a while back, didn't go very far. but yeah

Contrary Serperior sees (if i'm not mistaken) 30% usage in DW OU, so it's gotta be beastly, and i bet with a scarf it'd be one of the best late game sweepers out there.
I'm really worried about Shadow Tag Chandy being released, it sounds really scary to go up against.
Besides those two, i can't really think of anything else that i'm looking forward to being released.

Rhonder

I'm looking forward for Flash Fire Typhlosion to come out personally. I know Typhlosion isn't super useful, but I like using him sometimes anyways because he's my favorite starter. As with pretty much any starter, his DW ability just makes him a lot better, since Blaze is such a dumb ability. Flash Fire on the other hand is great, so I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those, especially in game at some point~

I would like to see Shadow Tag Chandelure and Lightning rod zaptos both would greatly impact the metagame.

Chand would be one of the strongest revenge killers out there.

While zaptos would be able to function as a wall against rain teams and do massive ammounts of damage

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I'd like to see not only Zapdos, but the legendary dogs to come out in DW. There abilities could be really helpful, even if only in certain situations.

I agree with that, I'm also looking forward to Suicune in particular. It would definetly give it a bump towards being good again allowing it to do a better job of checking rain.

OrbrunnerX

That Guy
Zapdos and Suicune would actually appreciate both their abilities. Pressure for stall sets is incredibly irritating, and the Absorb abilities will make them more viable in other roles, Zapdos notably as a check to Rain and Volt-Turn.
Chandelure might get banned from the get-go.
Serperior's just awesome.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Really I personally don't see what all the hype about serp is. Yeah contrary is good. however, in all the time I played DW I dont' recall serp messing me up badly or anything. Maybe I just missed it altogether.

That said, I am looking forwards to the dogs and Zapdos, along with not looking forwards to the chandleabra or however you spell it.

Zachmac

Contrary Serperior sees (if i'm not mistaken) 30% usage in DW OU, so it's gotta be beastly, and i bet with a scarf it'd be one of the best late game sweepers out there.
It wouldn't need a scarf to be a late game sweeper, it's fast enough already. Faster than Latios, even.

A scarf is only if you want to revenge kill, and their are better pokemon for that job out there.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
Zapdos and Suicune would actually appreciate both their abilities. Pressure for stall sets is incredibly irritating, and the Absorb abilities will make them more viable in other roles, Zapdos notably as a check to Rain and Volt-Turn.
Chandelure might get banned from the get-go.
Serperior's just awesome.

I completely forgot about the Volt-Turn aspect. That increases my desire for Lightning Rod Zapdos to come out even more. Absorbing electric and resisting U-turn will allow it to shut down many common Volt Turn threats.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I'm still waiting for that Dream World Snivy with Contrary! It'll be perfect for Leaf Storm!

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I'm still waiting for that Dream World Snivy with Contrary! It'll be perfect for Leaf Storm!

It'll be great for Leaf Storm, but due to Serperior's awkward stats I don't think it'll make it to OU. UU, probably.