• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unreleased Dream World Abilities

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Anyone thinks that Serp might go BL? I can't really see it going Ubers since it lacks the coverage and all, and Heatran walls it completely without HP (Ground), same goes to non-HP (Fire) for Ferrothorn. I think BL at worst, OU at best? I doubt UU can take that much of Serp. Serp is kinda in an awkward position, since it lacks the coverage to do much lol. Also, SubSeed... I dunno, isn't Whimiscott better at that job?

Also, slapping scarf on Serp is just begging for dragon/steel to switch in.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Anyone thinks that Serp might go BL? I can't really see it going Ubers since it lacks the coverage and all, and Heatran walls it completely without HP (Ground), same goes to non-HP (Fire) for Ferrothorn. I think BL at worst, OU at best? I doubt UU can take that much of Serp. Serp is kinda in an awkward position, since it lacks the coverage to do much lol. Also, SubSeed... I dunno, isn't Whimiscott better at that job?

Scarf Contrary Serperior might make a really good late-game cleanup sweeper, after opposing resists have been weakened/KO'd.

Zachmac

Scarf Contrary Serperior might make a really good late-game cleanup sweeper, after opposing resists have been weakened/KO'd.
Though Grass isn't the best STAB to be locked into ever, and it's already faster then the entire unboosted OU metagame.

You'll really only want it to have a choice scarf if it's a revenge killer, but with most speed boosters being dragon types, you might want something else for that job.

The subseed set idea that's been running around sounds the most appealing to me. The Serperior hides behind a sub, subseeds threats like Heatran and D-nite, than sweeps with Leaf Storm. Substitute is also great for offensive pokemon, as it guards them from status while also protecting them from being revenge killed.

LC-Vulpix

anti-weather trainer
Though Grass isn't the best STAB to be locked into ever, and it's already faster then the entire unboosted OU metagame.
thing is, what if it goes against a +1 or +2 speed boosted pokemon? whats it going to do then? hope it doesn't get KOed and it spams leaf storm? scarf would be helpful encase it goes against something that's boosted.

Definitely ST Chandy will be cool to see. Being able to revenge kill anything. It's got a good sp atk stat, and combined with a scarf, I'm sure that thing will make it up to ubers when it is released. The only problem is that how frail it is, and there are a lot of bulky pokes in ubers. It might find a happy place in OU, but that's stretching it.

Arcticwolf10

I can't wait for Contrary Serperior... he has the potential to be a monster... he has great bulk (75/95/95 is pretty nice) as for his measly offense... those Leaf Storms add up quick...

And Dragon Pulse/HP Fire give him near perfect coverage... and he could even make use of Gastro Acid to screw other mon's who are dependent on their abilities... he could be an excellent Rain/Sandstorm counter...

as for items? Leftovers seems the best choice imo...

Zachmac

thing is, what if it goes against a +1 or +2 speed boosted pokemon? whats it going to do then? hope it doesn't get KOed and it spams leaf storm? scarf would be helpful encase it goes against something that's boosted.
Isn't that a problem all sweepers have?

Grass is terrible coverage on it's own. It might be best to handle any speed boosted pokemon before you try and sweep.

Arcticwolf10

Isn't that a problem all sweepers have?

Grass is terrible coverage on it's own. It might be best to handle any speed boosted pokemon before you try and sweep.

Grass isn't so bad... he get's to inflict SE damage against Terrakion and Starmie...

plus not many mon's would want to switch ointo a boosted Serperior... Ferrothorn and Skamory hate HP Fire... and even Dragonite will dislike coming into a boosted Dragon Pulse. Blissey will be a pain though...

Zachmac

Grass isn't so bad... he get's to inflict SE damage against Terrakion and Starmie...

plus not many mon's would want to switch ointo a boosted Serperior... Ferrothorn and Skamory hate HP Fire... and even Dragonite will dislike coming into a boosted Dragon Pulse. Blissey will be a pain though...
You didn't really follow the whole conversation or not.

It was about if Serperior would be better with a scarf, and I was arguing that it'd want to be able to swap to it's coverage moves, just because Leaf Storm is resisted by a lot of the metagame.

Arcticwolf10

You didn't really follow the whole conversation or not.

It was about if Serperior would be better with a scarf, and I was arguing that it'd want to be able to swap to it's coverage moves, just because Leaf Storm is resisted by a lot of the metagame.

I think a choice item is terrible for Serperior... he's already insanely fast so a choice scarf seems redundant... Leftovers work better... he get's recovery and isn't stuck by one move...

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I'm still waiting for that Contrary ability Snivy. When it uses Leaf Storm it's Special Attack is going UP not DOWN!

TheAdmiral

Smell ya later
I'm thinking life orb has got to be better than scarf. It means you can leaf storm the switch and then hit the counter with a +2 coverage move. Yes, you will run in to faster stuff but every sweeper has that problem.

Zachmac

I meant to respond to this earlier, but supposedly, Serperior is the better sub seed. Mostly because that's not it's primary job; It's job is to sweep with Leaf Storm and Dragon Pulse. The sub seeding part is just to help it get past it's usual walls. Besides that, Substitute is also a great way to get past revenge killers if you can set it up.

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
Contary serperior and reckless emboar. Serperiornwould probably go to OU or at the least BL. Emboar would probably be sent to UU at least. I'm not too excited about shadow tag chandelure because it will very likely go straight to ubers.

makenshi_au

Experienced Trainer
i cant wait for the speed boost torchic then evolve to blaziken and teach it flame charge gets 2 speed boosts per turn plus its a strong fire fighting type as well.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I'm looking forward to Contrary Serperior and Lightningrod Zapdos. Zapdos is an Electric-type and one of my favorite legendary Pokemon, I'm eagerly awaiting the release of its DW team. Contrary Serperior needs no explaining, with Dragon Pulse, Hidden Power, and Leaf Storm it would do insanely well for itself. Not to mention it's a fast and tanky Pokemon.

Orithan

Really then which dream island can i get them or is it only Japan thats got them.

It was a one-time event pokemon. I don't think it is still around anymore so you will have to go looking for one over Wi-Fi or hack it in yourself.
This is why I hate these kind of events :sweat: