• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unreleased DW Pokemon

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
Not sure if there's a thread like this already, but i was just thinking about a few mons. For example Breloom with Technician, it's Mach Punch would be just as powerful as Scizor's Bullet Punch. It would get Force Palm or Low Sweep, each having their own uses boosted by technician. Maybe even a weird gimmicky Spore and Wakeup Slap set. It's Bullet Seed would also be pretty powerful. I'm also waiting for DW Gigalith because it'd be beastly in a sandstorm (in theory).

Anyways, what unreleased DW abilities does everyone else think would be really awesome?

Vandslaux

Sure, Breloom's Mach Punch would have equal power to Scizor's Bullet Punch, but IIRC, you're only trading the ability to kill Jellicent and Lucario for not being able to hit things that Scizor can, like Latios and CM Reuniclus. Scizor also has better typing and U-turn.

P!ppy

Pokemon Ranger
Chandelure is going to be huge and probably go uber. Chandelure gets Shadow Tag, which basically turns it into the ultimate revenge killer with a scarf. It will also be a deadly set up sweeper as well, as it can come in on a Pokemon that can't touch it, CM up, and sweep.

Another good one that people might look over is Landorus. He gets Sheer Force, which actually lets him go special (he has 110 SAtk iirc)?with Earth Power, Psychic, and quite a few other Sheer Force boosted moves. I've tried him in DW OU, and he's good for catching unknowing players off guard. It also makes a good anti sand.

Sure, Breloom's Mach Punch would have equal power to Scizor's Bullet Punch, but IIRC, you're only trading the ability to kill Jellicent and Lucario for not being able to hit things that Scizor can, like Latios and CM Reuniclus. Scizor also has better typing and U-turn.

Don't forget that Breloom has a lot of other advantages as well. Fighting priority gets better offensive coverage than Steel prority. There's also Bullet Seed, which has the potential to become ridiculously strong with Technician. In fact, after a SD boost and with a Life Orb, even Jolly Breloom can OHKO the standard Gliscor (currently one of the best answers to Breloom) with just 3 hits. Then, of course, there's Spore to take into consideration.

It'll never replace Scizor completely for obvious reasons, but I'm sure it will still be a very potent revenge killer/wall breaker.

Soperman

The One and Only
Serperior really wants Contrary. It would boost it up tremendously. Going from Nu to UU at the very least. Nice Speed, and after a couple Leaf Storms, its Special Attack skyrockets. Contrary is an amazing ability.
Staraptor could also use Reckless. It literally ohkos almost everything in the game. It's scary o.o
Mamoswine wants to be able to be Female with the DW ability, allowing for it to have so many more powerful attacks with Thick Fat. Plus, losing a weakness and adding a resistance isn't too bad.
Golurk could use No Guard, I guess.
Scrafty could use Intimidate to make itself Bulkier, making it easier for him to set up.
That just about covers it. Anything I haven't mentioned has been mentioned in one of the posts above.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
Chandelure is going to be huge and probably go uber. Chandelure gets Shadow Tag, which basically turns it into the ultimate revenge killer with a scarf. It will also be a deadly set up sweeper as well, as it can come in on a Pokemon that can't touch it, CM up, and sweep.
I loathe the day I see this thing. It'll be way too deadly. Almost unstoppable in the right hands.

Don't forget that Breloom has a lot of other advantages as well. Fighting priority gets better offensive coverage than Steel prority. There's also Bullet Seed, which has the potential to become ridiculously strong with Technician. In fact, after a SD boost and with a Life Orb, even Jolly Breloom can OHKO the standard Gliscor (currently one of the best answers to Breloom) with just 3 hits. Then, of course, there's Spore to take into consideration.

It'll never replace Scizor completely for obvious reasons, but I'm sure it will still be a very potent revenge killer/wall breaker.

Between DW Breloom and DW Ditto, I don't know which one i want to see more. :p

Lanik

Serperior really wants Contrary. It would boost it up tremendously. Going from Nu to UU at the very least. Nice Speed, and after a couple Leaf Storms, its Special Attack skyrockets. Contrary is an amazing ability.
Too bad Serperior's special movepool is a barren wasteland. Leaf Storm and HP Rock are the only two moves that Contrary would benefit. The last three specially offensive moves for Serperior would be Focus Blast, Psychic and Shadow Ball. I await the day it gets them.

Staraptor could also use Reckless. It literally ohkos almost everything in the game. It's scary o.o
But Staraptor's reckless already came out. It's just that Staravia is a rare Pokemon in Windswept Sky. Look harder.

Scrafty could use Intimidate to make itself Bulkier, making it easier for him to set up.
Shed Skin is better than Intimidate. Scrafty needs to know Bulk Up and Shed Skin rather than knowing an ability as ineffectual as Intimidate. I should know because my team got defeated by a Shed Skin Scrafty before.

I'm still itching for Serperior to get Dragon Pulse, provided it returns as a tutor move. Between Leaf Storm, Dragon Pulse, and HP Fire, Serperior will have all it really needs to sweep teams, only really having coverage problems with Heatran. Just throw on Substitute or something and you'll be all set.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein

Yes, a Revenge Killer will be a great role for it. I would be even more scared of a CM set though. It would make you think twice before using CC with your Choiced Terrakion and a bulky Chandelure wouldn't give a **** about Scizor's BP either.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Shed Skin is better than Intimidate. Scrafty needs to know Bulk Up and Shed Skin rather than knowing an ability as ineffectual as Intimidate. I should know because my team got defeated by a Shed Skin Scrafty before.
It can learn Bulk Up though...

And Intimidate Scrafty would be really nice in Doubles vs. its two abilities.

And no one's mentioned Ditto!! Ditto would be like. The ultimate revenge killer (granted, countering it wouldn't be too difficult).

Eranu™

I'm still itching for Serperior to get Dragon Pulse, provided it returns as a tutor move. Between Leaf Storm, Dragon Pulse, and HP Fire, Serperior will have all it really needs to sweep teams, only really having coverage problems with Heatran. Just throw on Substitute or something and you'll be all set.

Imagine it getting Draco Meteor. That would be great paired with contrary.

P!ppy

Pokemon Ranger
It can learn Bulk Up though...

And Intimidate Scrafty would be really nice in Doubles vs. its two abilities.

And no one's mentioned Ditto!! Ditto would be like. The ultimate revenge killer (granted, countering it wouldn't be too difficult).
Yes to Intimidate Scrafty. I hate having to use Hitmontop for intimidate+fake out. He's so weak.

As for Ditto, normally he would be scary, but I think that he'll be pretty outclassed by Chandelure. They both make great revenge killers, but Chandelure is probably better, as her victim cannot escape, whereas you can simply switch out against Ditto. Another problem is that he has to use a scarf to be any use, meaning that something is going to switch in and get a free turn while you switch out. Don't forget that if you choose a move Chandelure can shrug off, you're just asking for a CM sweep.

Sure, he'll have the nitch of being able to outspeed literally anything, which will be useful for stuff like DDNite, but other than that, he won't be that useful.

Zachmac

Actually, Intimidate could be more useful then Shed Skin in some situations. I mean, what if your team already has a status absorber or heal bell user? What if you've got a lum berry, and hope to get a couple dragon dances thanks to the attack drop?

Yes, Shed Skin can be helpful, but that doesn't mean Intimidate can't be either.
As for Ditto, normally he would be scary, but I think that he'll be pretty outclassed by Chandelure. They both make great revenge killers, but Chandelure is probably better, as her victim cannot escape, whereas you can simply switch out against Ditto. Another problem is that he has to use a scarf to be any use, meaning that something is going to switch in and get a free turn while you switch out. Don't forget that if you choose a move Chandelure can shrug off, you're just asking for a CM sweep.
Not really. Chandelure will be more reliable on anything slower, but even with a choice scarf, some dragon dancers will still manage to outspeed it, especially if they got up multiple DDs. Ditto can steal it's enemy's stat boost and sometimes sweep itself, it will just lack the ability to trap. And if you get desperate enough to try this, Ditto can even revenge kill enemy scarfers 50 percent of the time.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Ho-oh Lugia and Chandelure well be awesome. Ho-oh really needs Regenerator to counter Stealth rocks. Zekrom should get earthquake from the dw.

Zachmac

Ho-oh Lugia and Chandelure well be awesome. Ho-oh really needs Regenerator to counter Stealth rocks. Zekrom should get earthquake from the dw.
Regenerator won't actually make up for stealth rock. I'll still need rapid spin support. Regenerator works when it retreats from battle, rather then enters, so it'll still lose all 50% of it's health from coming in on stealth rock. The reason it wants regenerator is to improve it's tanking abilities, it's already got a great special defense. But whatever you do, do no use a team lacking rapid spin support with it.

Ho-Oh doesn't need regenerator at all, but it sure will enjoy it.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Regenerator Reunicles could be good.

Yeah, it would! But I would rather have the bonus of not being burned, poisoned, effected by weather etc. If only we could have both XD

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.

I was hoping Lugia or Ditto would win that popularity poll. i still can't get over that arceus won :| but yea, Multiscale Lugia would be pretty rough to beat.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
Yes, Multiscale Lugia could be a ***** to stop with stall. It's a massive tank as it is, now with it recovering its health with roost gaining its Multiscale back, Status damage could rack up fast.