• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unrest at the Nursery (756)

RickHoenn

Banned
Dude, the general plot was the same tired filler plot the writers have been recycling since Johto. Just because it has one 3 second scene of Giovanni at the end doesn't save it from being a terrible filler like the ones that plagued Johto 12 years ago.

Hoenn, BF and Sinnoh had terrible filler episodes as well, I prefer by a long shot most of the Johto fillers than Sinnoh's ones and some of Hoenn's..

Many Johto fillers were memorable. Bad ones like the Ledyba or Vileplume/Bellossom eps and few others CANNOT overshadow the majority of them. It's not fair to say they plagued all of Johto because that's not true at all..

Oh lawd the filler complaints, that word should be banned. Just say you found the episode boring if you did, it's like filler automatically makes everything horrible. And I wouldn't exactly call this episode filler anyway, we have indication that Scraggy has been able to master Focus Blast, further showcasing of Cilan's Pokemon Sommelier skills, TR getting the last piece of Meloetta's song and an appearance from dat big Giovanni.

Agreed, but the "oh it's a worthless filler!" rants will never go away, it's worse because most of them don't even watch the episode, only the pictures..

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Hoenn, BF and Sinnoh had terrible filler episodes as well, I prefer by a long shot most of the Johto fillers than Sinnoh's ones and some of Hoenn's..

Many Johto fillers were memorable. Bad ones like the Ledyba or Vileplume/Bellossom and few others CANNOT overshadow the majority of them. It's not fair to say they plagued all of Johto because that's not true at all..

The good Johto fillers were usually the battle-centric ones, like Heracross Vs. Scizor or "One Trick Phony," and many of the Team Rocket and Wobbufett fillers.

The bad ones are ones like the Ledyba episode, Sunflora episode, Wooper episode, Snubbull episodes, Remoraid episodes, Mukrrow episodes, etc. Hell, the entire "Johto League Champion" season was filled with some of the worst fillers of the entire show....thankfully Master Quest was an improvement.

Rohanator

Dude, the general plot was the same tired filler plot the writers have been recycling since Johto. Just because it has one 3 second scene of Giovanni at the end doesn't save it from being a terrible filler like the ones that plagued Johto 12 years ago.

It shouldn't matter whether it's filler anyway. What makes the progression of the plot in this show so important, this is mean to be entertainment, not a deep story where nothing but the overarching plot matters. There's fun episodes like this, battle episodes that get you hyped and exciting good vs evil stuff.
+ This one had Ash playing foot ball, Crustle being a baby sitter and Pignite lifting a tree, instant win. <3 The plot means jack diddly. The only thing I really take seriously is Ash, his battles and anything regarding his team. Because Ash himself is why I love this show more than I ever did as a kid, no more, no less. Manly men like Cilan and James definitely help though. But yeah to each his own, obviously you don't HAVE to like every episode, the filler talk is just annoying.

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Cute episode as a break inbetween arcs. I liked it mostly for Vullaby. I hated the random tripping gag and how another rope bridge destroyed itself by touch though.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I love how the writers magically forgot about the Focus Blast issue for like 20 episodes -_-.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
At least this episode had what you expect from a filler with cute Pokémon. It did most of it right. Unlike that World Tournament Junior Cup arc.

Last edited:

Rohanator

I love how the writers magically forgot about the Focus Blast issue for like 20 episodes -_-.

...What? They perfected it by TRAINING. Scraggy didn't know how to aim, Scraggy trained, Scraggy learned how to aim. The issue wasn't forgotten, it was resolved. And who knows, Scraggy might still have trouble in an actual battle when he's facing pressure ect, might not be the end of it.

gliscor&yanmega

...What? They perfected it by TRAINING. Scraggy didn't know how to aim, Scraggy trained, Scraggy learned how to aim. The issue wasn't forgotten, it was resolved. And who knows, Scraggy might still have trouble in an actual battle when he's facing pressure ect, might not be the end of it.

I doubt Scraggy will have any more trouble with it in any situation, but the writers defiantly didn't forget about it like you said. We've seen Ash do things with Scraggy since he got the move, it just was never given an entire episode dedicated to it, as it's simply not needed when it can be resolved over the course of time by training here and there. The scene simply showed that Scraggy finally managed to master it.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
I doubt Scraggy will have any more trouble with it in any situation, but the writers defiantly didn't forget about it like you said. We've seen Ash do things with Scraggy since he got the move, it just was never given an entire episode dedicated to it, as it's simply not needed when it can be resolved over the course of time by training here and there. The scene simply showed that Scraggy finally managed to master it.

The here-and-there treatment is optimal.

To use an entire episode to cover his mastery of FB would be a waste.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
It never was because Scraggy mastered his Focus Blast. Finally.

Very true. the episode isn't a filler because Scraggy learned Focus Blast. And because the fuinal pat with Meloetta singing and Team Rocket listening. Definitely the episode isn't filler. The Nursery School, yes; the episode, no.

And I think that's wrong about complaining because the number of fillers because the only fillers "confirmed" are the Litwick, Cottonee, Elgyem, Maractus, Sawsbuck and Bouffalant episodes. For your opinions could be considered fillers the Darmanitan, Gothitelle (Bridge), Choroneko (Meowth), Gothita (Katharine), Deino (Day Care) and Cubchoo (Dawn) episodes. The rest of episodes aren't fillers.

I put this here but many of you are considered this a filler. And I show that isn't a filler for some events that happened in the episode and because you show that in BW the fillers are very rare.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
-Ash is training Zuruggu!~
-JOFhdojhgafha Dento's voice. I love how almost every line he says has a bit of flavor at the end.~
- OMG THE RUFFLET IS SO CUTE x333
-Ash: What the heck are those things. fjdkhgahe BIRds. XD
-YOU SEE THIS ROCK? LOOK WHAT YOU DID.
- I DID NO SuCH THING
-YOU TICK ME OFF YOU LITTLE CHICKEN
-SO I SHALL PECK YOU RAWR
-PFFFFFFFFFFT OMG ASh.
-I love how Dento and Iris have no idea how to calm a crying eaglet. Honestly, I don't think I would either. I'd feed him a mouse *looks at Pikachu*
-Ouch?
-AWW the babies came over. WhY DON'T THEY MAuL HER FACE? My dogs do that when I fall over. xD
-Where are those flippen rocks coming from? XDD
-I think Vullaby wants to "clean" her legs. =P
-This episdoe is adorable. T_T WHY DO PEOPLE HaTE IT?
- There's Crustle. X3
-jkldjfgdlhag WHIMSICOTT ARE CUTE. x33
-jfkgah NOw Dento's being adorable. X33
-fdjahjghfahg hE sounds like Tamaki a bit. x333
-It's Lunch Time ; )
-AAAAAAAAAAH WhIMSICOTT HANG IN THERE DON'T DIE ON ME. D=
-Pfft Rufflet looked so derp during that moment XD
-I don't think those walnuts are cutting it Leila..
-Um Vullaby..you have talons too. It's what you eat carcasses with. Man, the nutrition in this school is terrible. You're feeding your birds of prey WRONG. >.>
-WHIMSICOTT DIDN'T DO ANYTHINg BAD. D=
-The only one in there that has a right to be crying is Whimsicott.
-Oh shut up MERErjeokthjrha t>.>
-Though it is soothing *tsun* >.>
-jfdklghahg Whimiscot. x3
-Vullaby is terrible xD
- OMG WHY. WHY DOES IRIS NaRRATE THIS? BW016 better have Mamo-chan.
-I like the music here
-There's a Foongus Amoongus.
-it sounded like Crustle said Rock Slide in english xD
-The bad thing? That bridge broke under a bird's foot. You know? The things that only weigh like a pound.
-OMG good catch Dento. XDDD
-OOOOOH I love this music x3
-Haha reminds me a bit of Pokemon Ranger in Fiore Temple when going against flygon. :3
-Gosh this episode is freaking cute
-This Meloetta song is pretty. *o*

I watched this out of boredom. I wish I hadn't. It was complete and utter crap.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I will say: props to the writers for making both Vullaby and Rufflet sympathetic. I was so worried it would be one-sided.

This episode SCREAMED Brock to me. Every element of a filler that would be Brock-centric was here. Except it was Cilan.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Two episodes in one day, I love it :) .

I nice cheerful episode. I really liked Cilan starring in his episode using his connoisseur skills, leila was funny with her clumsyness and we are finally going to see the Team Rocket plot soon!

This was a smiley episode. On to the next one!

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
This wasn't too bad of an episode, and since they were made for a cute quarrel between Rufflet and Vullaby. What excited me the most of this episode was the ending, when we got the almighty return of Giovanni's gorgeous and villainous face. Stuff is definitely going down. I'm also amazed that the finale of the 2 Black/Whiet seasons are a two-parter with Team Rocket.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Ugh...what a waste of time! I can't believe one of my favorite Gen 5 Pokemon got a debut like this. The Scraggy training and TR bit both could have easily happened during another episode, and the rest of this could have gone towards...

[spoil]...lengthening the Unova League![/spoil]

firerank9

Aura All-Star
That rock is evil. It actually has a mind of its own. I mean, what are the chances of tripping by a rather big rock in a nursery?
You underestimate the power of the Cluzt.
Anyways, I though it was a good episode.