• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unused Pokémon?

Jerre

Gogoat!
Unused Pokémon?

I didn't find a Thread so here's one.

Before the release of R/B/G/Y, G/S/C, R/S/E and FR/LG. Did the creators created some Pokémon that they didn't used and released it in the final versions together with the other Pokémon in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generation of the Pokémon games? I remember only one of them and that is "Buku", probably a béta version of Qwilfish. I cannot find it's article on Bulbapedia and/or the normal English Wikipedia.

Discuss.

Last edited:
Well techinically you could say togepi and munchlax since togepi was shown at the time of the 1st gen and only released in the second gen. and munchlaz was shown during 3rd gen times and released only in the 4th gen.

Jerre

Gogoat!
Well techinically you could say togepi and munchlax since togepi was shown at the time of the 1st gen and only released in the second gen. and munchlaz was shown during 3rd gen times and released only in the 4th gen.

Yes like that. But Togepi and Munchlax are official.

Some of those Unrelased Pokémon are sometimes seen on those Websites where you can gzet your own website like freewebs or those other domain sites. And they have also still the 1st Generation artwork style of them... They are not Fake. They are Official but not released worldwide.

oh i see what you are saying, however I have never seen anything like that before.

Jerre

Gogoat!
Yeah, thanks to an article to Bulbagarden but it's gone. ;_; Cannot find it on the Deletion log. Same with the original English Wiki. They are still seen on some Fan-made Websites

It's just like from the other games like they remove some things from some games in the final versions of them like: Characters, Vehicles, Buildings, Interiors, etc. Some of them can only been viewed through a Glitch, Remaining computer files when the game is on PC by browsing them with a special program to view them or an Easter Egg in the game itself.

Brettt

satirist
I believe a few GSC pokemon were put into RBY, but they were taken out, but leftover data created Missingno.

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
I don't know, but when there are some of them. It think they were not good enough.

Brettt

satirist
Or they did not fit with the current generation, chimecho was originally fourth gen but then was a last minute add-on to third gen.

Blondeafrohero7

Starfighter pilot
OMG Kurusu, Buku, Honoguma, and Mariru are so awesome and kawaii!