• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unused Type Combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

KangasJhan

Pun Game On Point
I compiled a list of all of the type combinations that haven't been used yet. These include both Alolan forms and Mega-Evolutions. I'm pretty sure I got all of them.

• Ice/Normal
  • Fire/Grass
  • Fire/Ice
  • Fire/Fairy
  • Normal/Poison
  • Normal/Rock
  • Normal/Bug
  • Normal/Ghost
  • Normal/Steel
  • Electric/Dark
  • Electric/Fighting
  • Electric/Poison
  • Psychic/Poison
  • Psychic/Bug
  • Ice/Poison
  • Ice/Bug
  • Dragon/Bug
  • Dark/Fairy
  • Dark/Bug
  • Fairy/Fighting
  • Fairy/Poison
  • Fairy/Ground
  • Ground/Fighting
  • Steel/Poison
  • Ghost/Rock

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I compiled a list of all of the type combinations that haven't been used yet. These include both Alolan forms and Mega-Evolutions. I'm pretty sure I got all of them.

• Ice/Normal
  • Fire/Grass
  • Fire/Ice
  • Fire/Fairy
  • Normal/Poison
  • Normal/Rock
  • Normal/Bug
  • Normal/Ghost
  • Normal/Steel
  • Electric/Dark
  • Electric/Fighting
  • Electric/Poison
  • Psychic/Poison
  • Psychic/Bug
  • Ice/Poison
  • Ice/Bug
  • Dragon/Bug
  • Dark/Fairy
  • Dark/Bug
  • Fairy/Fighting
  • Fairy/Poison
  • Fairy/Ground
  • Ground/Fighting
  • Steel/Poison
  • Ghost/Rock

Good List, that had to take a while to make, out of all those type combos Fairy/Fighting is the one I want to see the most. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will be an Elf-like expy of Lucario

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I already said this before in other threads, but sure, let's roll with it:
  1. Dragon/Bug: Probably this gen's pseudo.
  2. Grass/Fire: Some random standalone, or a species that needs Sun Stone to evolve.
  3. Fire/Ice: New "cool" Mythical.
  4. Ghost/Rock: This generation's spook.
  5. Ground/Fighting: This generation's fighter.
  6. Electric/Fighting: Some random standalone.
  7. Dark/Electric: Mid-game fodder.
  8. Fire/Fairy: Probably starter or pseudo-starter.
  9. Bug/Psychic and/or Bug/Dark: Generational bug/s.
  10. Psychic/Poison: This gen's esper.
  11. Poison/Steel: Alternate form.
  12. Bug/Ice: Volcarona clone.
  13. Ground/Fairy: Alternate form.
  14. Electric/Poison: This gen's snake.

Rest can be left for Gen 9.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Surprised we never got Grass/Fire in Alola, that would've been the perfect time for that type combo to show up. I think a couple of these could be covered by new forms/variants of old Pokemon, although I'm not sure we would get them in this game:

Grass/Fire- Sunkern/Sunflora
Electric/Dark- Luxray (probably saved for DP remakes)
Electric/Fighting- Zeraora or Electivire
Poison/Psychic- Ekans/Arbok

Aetius

I'm actually surprised to see that some of them have not been done yet.
Either way, I'd like to see a decent Bug/Dragon.
Make it a Pseudo to spice things up.

M.P.

Retired
Some ideas:
Fire/Grass - flaming tiki
Bug/Ice - weta
Dark/Electric - tiger or a Mega/Regional variant of Luxray
Bug/Dragon - Mega/Regional variant of Flygon

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I'd really like to see what a Dark/Fairy could do. I'd imagine it as some sort of mischievous creature from mythology. Maybe a troll, pixie, or gremlin.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Hmm... if we could only habe 5 new types from thag list in no paticular order I choose...

Fire/Ice, for final stage of a Fire starter.
Grass/Fire, 3 stage line based on spicey pepper.
Fighting/Electric, special attacking energy warrior.
Normal/Ghost regional mammal that is a lemur.
Fairy/Ground, naked mole.

Marzbar

I think we need a glow worm pokemon. Psychic / Bug.

Also a blind mole rat pokemon. Fairy / Ground.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Electric/Fighting- Zeraora or Electivire

Hate to burst your bubble, but Zeraora was confirmed as pure Electric when it first leaked in US/UM datamining. Electivire they'll probably leave untouched since GF doesn't seem to bother with new evolutions now and that the regional variants were given to 1st Gen-based lines with no cross-gen relative (Pikachu line excepted, where only Raichu got the Alolan form) as fanservice to the 20th anniversary.

Still would love to see Electric/Fighting happen on a new 8th Gen Pokemon. Bug/Dark and Bug/Psychic are ones I'd love to see since we've had a lot of cool-looking Bug-types introduced lately and I think new type combinations for them will be the next step forward for the type.

Red and Blue

Just give us a Bug/Dragon psuedo and make Dragon the third type to be paired with all of the others.

Either that or Dragon/Bug regional variant for Flygon.

Bus

Electric/Dark, Electric/Poison, and Ghost/Rock are the type combos I'm most looking forward to seeing. I feel like there can be some really unique pokemon that can be designed around those types. I think I remember a fakemon awhile back that was Electric/Dark that was supposed to be based on a Brontosaurus or something and had references to Quasars in its name. It sounded like it would have been pretty epic.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Stakataka should have been Ghost / Rock

Rock/Ghost
Rock/Dark
Rock/Psychic

Those were the types I expected. Specially with its seemingly 'legion' like concept.

Im ok with Rock/Steel..... just not as much as I would have been for one of those combos.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Rock/Ghost
Rock/Dark
Rock/Psychic

Those were the types I expected. Specially with its seemingly 'legion' like concept.

Im ok with Rock/Steel..... just not as much as I would have been for one of those combos.

Yeah I can see that and any of those combos might've helped make it seem even more alien, debatably speaking of course

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Knew I forgot something. Yeah, I want to see a Bug/Dragon Flygon variant too.

I dont think regional variants should be used to "fix" type combos. Aka make them what people/fans think they should be.

If we get a regional Flygon Id rather see one that like, lives in storms (Electric/Dragon) or on constant snow covered/blizzrded mountain tops (Ice/Dragon) or heck a jungle variant (Grass/Dragon).

But thats just me..... and maybe others?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I dont think regional variants should be used to "fix" type combos. Aka make them what people/fans think they should be.

If we get a regional Flygon Id rather see one that like, lives in storms (Electric/Dragon) or on constant snow covered/blizzrded mountain tops (Ice/Dragon) or heck a jungle variant (Grass/Dragon).

But thats just me..... and maybe others?

I mean I would like to see more creative variants, but at the same time there are some Pokemon that could use a mulligan on their type combo. I think there should be a mix, some that fix type combos, some that are just really out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.