• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unused Type Combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphalesion

Rumor has it the new pokemon will be a ground/fighting pseudo-legendary base stage, so that would be an exciting new type addition to an already overflowing mix.

That'd be cool. Wonder what it could be based on, with those types I could see a Minotaur.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
That'd be cool. Wonder what it could be based on, with those types I could see a Minotaur.
A minotaur would be dope!!!! but i think id rather see a Fairy/Fighting, or Fairy/Dark for a minotaur. but thats just my preferance.

I mentioned in another thread that they should do Mega Rapidash as our first Fire/Fairy typing! I would love that!!!!

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Here are my ideas for unused type combos.

Bug/Psychic- A beetle like Pokémon shaped similarly to Kabuto only it has a huge single eye in the middle of its face that can fire off lasers and beams. The eye is really a marking and it’s true eyes are tiny round black dots that are easy to miss if you aren’t paying attention closely to its details. The name would be Psyclopse.

Fire/Fairy- An imp like creature that has flames for wings and fire for hair. It iis derived from old legends about imps being pranksters and conjuring up fire at will. Maybe have it’s Dex entry state it was born from a lit candle?

Steel/Poison- I’m thinking something along the line of living barrel of toxic waste? Something to make it seem threatening and not quite natural.

.Aerodactyl.

Ooo, my ideas for unsued type combos (gonna skip the normal ones but ghost):
  • Fire/Grass: Love the idea of a chili pepper, that was a rumor going around for SuMo.
  • Fire/Ice: sounds like it would make a great new mythical.
  • Fire/Fairy: Would love a minotaur starter.
  • Normal/Ghost: A possessed substitute doll :D
  • Electric/Dark: Would be a great type combo for a speedy raptor Pokémon.
  • Electric/Fighting: Probably the next Pikachu clone. Base it on like a degu or something.
  • Electric/Poison: A scorpion Pokémon!
  • Psychic/Poison: Something like a really toxic plant Pokémon. Maybe like a walking bouquet.
  • Psychic/Bug: A preying mantis.
  • Ice/Poison: they could do something fun and make it like a split evolution for Jynx.
  • Ice/Bug: I'd love like, a lunar moth with this type combo.
  • Dragon/Bug: Too cliche to make it like a dragonfly Pokémon? Split Evo for Yanma or maybe even a yanmega evolution?
  • Dark/Fairy: A Pokémon based on a "wolf in sheep's clothing" concept. Has this cute fluffy exterior fur but is fangs and claws underneath.
  • Dark/Bug: Cockroach Pokémon.
  • Fairy/Fighting: Honey Badger don't care!
  • Fairy/Poison: Could actually be a fish Pokémon with a simbiotoc relationship with an anemone Pokémon (see below) it lives in the protective steel poison spines of the anemone, brings it food and gets a protective poison from it.
  • Fairy/Ground: A dust bunny :D How cute would that be???
  • Ground/Fighting: IdI love more bipedal fighting types, perhaps a rhino Pokémon?
  • Steel/Poison: An anemone/sea urchin Pokémon :) Could have a symbiotic relationship with the fairy poison fish Pokémon, where it brings the anemone Pokémon food, and it it turn shares it's protective poison.
  • Ghost/Rock: A Pokémon that happens when a fossil isn't revived properly as like a mistake. Could be a 12% chance of happening when you get a fossil revived.

PirateKing

I think LGPE might give us some new forms, (Alolan Forms are in, and they didnt deny Megas) it'd be cool to see some of those combos get used before Gen 8

Fire/Fairy could go to Rapidash
Fairy/Fighting and Ground/Fighting could go to Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee
Ice/Poison could go to Cloyster
Electric/Poison could be Arbok
Steel/Poison could be Weezing

And so on.

Creyk

A minotaur would be dope!!!! but i think id rather see a Fairy/Fighting, or Fairy/Dark for a minotaur. but thats just my preferance.

I mentioned in another thread that they should do Mega Rapidash as our first Fire/Fairy typing! I would love that!!!!
Thematically, there is no reason for a minotaur to be fairy type...ground or fighting really do make the most sense.

A fire fairy would always be welcome though, so many design possibilities

Orphalesion

Thematically, there is no reason for a minotaur to be fairy type...ground or fighting really do make the most sense.

Not just thematically, but also considering the gameplay. A Fairy type Minotaur would battle using magical gems, glittering winds, moon beams and kisses...not really what I associate with a vicious beast that was fed with living humans on a regular basis and known for it;s brute strenght...

For a more sinister fairy type I'd rather see a Banshee and for Fairy/Fighting in particular I could see a Faun/Satyr.
Fauns are wild enough to be fighting types, but at the same time mischievous and deceptive enough for Fairy moves like Rough Play and Draining Kiss to work very well with them.

Last edited:

Missingno.Fan

My ideas:
Grass/Fire: chili peppers. For example a bell pepper that evolves into a habanero.

Bug/Dark: cockroach

Steel/Poison: mercury based

Other things I would love to see, but I don’t have any specific ideas: Dark/Fairy, Ground/Fighting, Fire/Ice

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I compiled a list of all of the type combinations that haven't been used yet. These include both Alolan forms and Mega-Evolutions. I'm pretty sure I got all of them.

• Ice/Normal
  • Fire/Grass
  • Fire/Ice
  • Fire/Fairy
  • Normal/Poison
  • Normal/Rock
  • Normal/Bug
  • Normal/Ghost
  • Normal/Steel
  • Electric/Dark
  • Electric/Fighting
  • Electric/Poison
  • Psychic/Poison
  • Psychic/Bug
  • Ice/Poison
  • Ice/Bug
  • Dragon/Bug
  • Dark/Fairy
  • Dark/Bug
  • Fairy/Fighting
  • Fairy/Poison
  • Fairy/Ground
  • Ground/Fighting
  • Steel/Poison
  • Ghost/Rock

I'd include Electric/Grass, given it is currently only a Rotom form typing. I'd also include Ice/Electric and Electric/Fire for that same reason.

I'd love to see evolution lines for all three. I'm not sure what all could be done for Ice/Electric, but I can easily see all kinds of mythical creatures being used for Electric/Fire. I'd particularly like to see an evolution line based on the Nigerian Thunder & Lightning myth (the beast Lightning running around causing fires while his mother Thunder shouts at him).

As for Electric/Grass, I'm sure they can just play around with the fact that many plants are capable of conducting electricity, even though in small amounts. For the simplest and most relative concept, there could be a pokemon based on the lemon battery. For a more complex but much more rewarding concept, there could be a pokemon based on the concept of 'tree power,' the practice of harvesting electricity from trees.

As for Ice/Electric, the one concept I can think of is the science behind thundersnow, the occurrence of lightning during a snowstorm. The only way this could work for a pokemon, though, is if there is a lightning-related mythical creature or electricity-related animal that exists in a relatively cold country.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector

Ooh, both of these would be awesome to see. Alternatively, maybe we could finally get an evolution of tauros that becomes a minotaur?

A dark/bug black widow with the ability that lets physical attacks poison the opponent. That would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.