• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Up Close and Personable (557)

uber gon

Accept Change
Did Lumineon use ANY attacks?

Medea

Excalibur
*switches off political mode*
*switches on pervert mode*

OMGOMGOMG!!!

Now that it's out of my system. Time for today's episode...

*Conway! Today he was pretty unbe-freakin-lievable! First of all when Dawn was swimming with the rest of the water pokemon, Conway was underwater looking at her. That was pure greatness right there. Next, he keeps popping in right behind Dawn making some comment and of course scaring Dawn half of those times. Kind of reminds me of when Harley would sneak up behind May and scare her. Except Conway is WAY more sneakier. Oh God and when he got freaked out by the lightening and ran into the cave, I literally fell off my bed laughing. Oh and by the way, he looks so hot without his shirt.
*Jessie has new lackies! It's amusing to watch her boss around these little kids. Well you know I don't care too much for Jessie, but I was so wanting that Carvanha to bite off a piece of Jessie's hair. Just a quick snip to the pigtails and I would have been satisfied. I know it's happened before in the past (i.e. Scyther, Seviper, and a similar deal with Cacnea) but I wouldn't mind a tradition with Jessie's hair.
*Conway again...the human pokedex! Lordy!
*Okay rant time from rabid Tracey fan girl over freakin' here! I've been noticing a lot of shots here and weird little things here and there. A couple of weeks ago, Dawn was sketching out a good outfit for that style competition, then last week Conway's Venonat...Okay that's getting a little weird. And then this week where all students are carrying around a sketchbook. I get no reaction...But at the end with that very good drawing of Lumineon. Dear God, do not let that pitiful sap have the drawing ability. Brock, you already stabbed Tracey in the back, do not ruin this for me. Stupid random rant from me. But right now I want believe that these little signs I've been seeing are a sign that Tracey might come back.

*pipe dream*
*pipe dream*
*pipe dream*

*Ash and Aoi's sketches...Oh I'm having art studio classes flashbacks. It actually looks like my one minute sketches. Glad they're giving art a chance.

All in all not as great of an episode as last weeks but good.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Did anyone else think the scene of a Kingler and Totodile walking next to each other was some kind of cruel joke by the writers?

Between that and the Muk in that Psyduck filler, I think they're up to something. lol.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Noooooo, really, the writing crew up to something? That wouldnt be right? otherwise, there'd be no conway, no brock trying to be Tracy and absolutely no 1st- or 2nd-gen appearances..... Can't wait to see what they have in store for us.....

Now, for those who don't know me, hi. I'm I_D, and I've been heading up a little these days to vists the DP ep talks coz, well, I wanted to see what was going on. I'm a PASBLer, but it looks like I'm gonna be here for a while and talking about all the eps etc...

So, on to the ep itself. FUN-NY! Conway antics were hilarious. I can't wait to see if they do actually put him into contests as a Harley-type rival! Brock acting all awesome and being great at Drawing? Geez, what else can't he do! Let some of the other trainers, (say Tracey?) have some fun too!! Also, Jessie with lackeys is just fun.

But, like the others have said so far, it wasn't as good as last week's ep. I hope the pace picks up again next week.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
I agree with the others, the Lumineon was so boring in this ep coz it will be awesome when Zoe's one evolves....

Andywoo

Banned
Looking through Bulbapedia it was interesting to see some of the old pokés showcased. Totodile. I haven't seen one of those in AGES. As well as that, Corsola, Kingler, Seel. Good to some old pokés seen again.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
It good for the writers as well, I think, coz they get to change it up a bit.

TeddiUrsa

Did anyone else think the scene of a Kingler and Totodile walking next to each other was some kind of cruel joke by the writers?

Yeah, it was like a flashback of the unloved water-oakers. I was thinking the same ^^

Maybe feeding them was to expensive for good old Oak and he released them, knowing that Ash would never use them again anyway.

dman_dustin

You know its funny, when I first saw the Totodile I actually thought it was Ash's.

I was like "Totodile? Well that's an awkward cameo to put in this episode" then it showed Totodile with the other Pokemon and group and I was like "Oh right, duh!"

I don't know why I thought it was Ash's Totodile, I guess it was because of the way they first showed Totodile, it looked like something they would do if they were to show Ash's Totodile.

The highlight of this ep was the short battle between Conway and Jessie [OMG I love that BGM]. Slowking is badass, Psychic, Water Pulse, Safeguard, Protect what an awesome moveset (well, for the anime at least).

But yeah, other than the battle, nothing really interesting happened.

I was like "Totodile? Well that's an awkward cameo to put in this episode"

Well, yeah XDD. That's what I said, the other day... shafted Pokémon, dear. Shafted Pokémon. 8D

Okay, Totodile wasn't that shafted, but as you said, it's kind of weird to see it, just, like, randomly... so, :/.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I don't see how Totodile appearing is anything major.

I mean, it is a water Pokemon, and this being an episode about water Pokemon.

I think its because all Totodile kind of look alike.
Yeah. It's not like Ash's Totodile really had any stand-out features...:0

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I don't see how Totodile appearing is anything major.

I mean, it is a water Pokemon, and this being an episode about water Pokemon.

I think its because all Totodile kind of look alike.
Yeah. It's not like Ash's Totodile really had any stand-out features...:0