• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Up Close and Personable (557)

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Yamato, I love your signature. What anime/manga is it from, or is it just an original image? :O

check my profile. I just had a conversation with Satoshi about it.

Uh...Japan Man? SUB Zero? Squirtle Slayer? Puff the Magic Yamato-san?

[IMG139]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/Yamato-san/parodysub/sohigh.jpg[/IMG139]

Just saw the ep and I was surprised about the Lumineon. I thought that would be one of the Lake Trio, but I was wrong.

No subtitles so I didn't really get the plot, but Conway was hilarious, stalking Hikari like that all episode.

lunarshadow

Hadou Aprentice
Yeah, I was really on edge with Conway throughout this episode. It's probably just that the writers just want to have a bit of fun messing with Dawn, or someone lost a bet up in Tokyo. :p

I was thinking about one of the lake Trios, but to be honest, that lake isn't really all that big. According to Ken Sugimori's map of Sinnoh, the lakes are just about as big as any city. That lake at the summer school was definitely not so big.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Exactly - plus, there's no way that one of the psychi trios would hide in a lake near a school, yeah?

Staryu_09

Mystic Water
Wow this episode was so freakin awesome to me, I love ;456; and ;457;. And also that with Conway and Hikari is funny, they're really sweet pair :)

Last edited:
Well, disappointed. Yes I am. After last week's pretty damn good episode, this one really slanted down hill. I was under the impression that something more sinister was actually hiding in the cave; rather, we get a Lumineon. What kind of attack was it using to entice/hypnotise the pokés? And how did it do it from so far away? I still believe, after the 'camera' shot back into the cave after the trio and 'arc-extras' left, shows something slightly better in there.
I also believe that because of the music that played at certain moments, that I took to be the same music that played when Hikari and Satoshi saw the respective Psychics of the lake trio. Maybe that was me looking for something slightly more decent from the writers in this slightly average episode...

On another note - Conway=good. I'm also still reeling from the fact Aoi is female. It was the swimsuit that gave it away; but there was me sitting through the last episode thinking she was a 'he'...

Staryu_09

Mystic Water
I'm also still reeling from the fact Aoi is female. It was the swimsuit that gave it away; but there was me sitting through the last episode thinking she was a 'he'...

Yea, I also thought that Aoi's a male. That was weird :/

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
^ I and Many MANY Other people thought the same thing lol but she looks so much like a boy

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Many of the female characters of many anime seem to look more male than female.... even their voices help to make them sound male.... its weird

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Slowking was amazing in this episode! Like always! XD

Dattebayo

Banned
Whoa, while I was watching the episode, I was unexpectedly surprised by another swimsuit scene. My heart was pounding when I saw Dawn in a swimsuit again. Anyway, I was expecting Yuxie to be causing the green light since it takes place in a lake, but I was suspicious about the lake's location since it's not on the snow area. In the end, I was right, it was only a Lumineon, not Yuxie.

Brumrha

Banned
For a second, I thought that it was Azelf, but as soon as I realized that he's only at Lake Valor, I then started to bash my head over this.
*laughs*
Anyway, it was Lumineon, & the fact that it uses its fins to hypnotise others, it then makes clear sense. Ash & gang managed to get perfect marks on this, but they get a penalty for leaving the premises. That sucks... but some of the other people got that as well.

The only other thing I've got to say is that Jessie is a spoiled brat in disguise.

*continues to linger around*

With this episode, Conway's creepiness factor was uped by like 1,000 points. It's unfortunate how the writer's lead us on in the Tag Battle arc, with Dawn seeming like she actually liked Conway, to now where she's like "ewno." Still, I adore HeatTagshipping and Conway, despite the overall creepiness.

This episode was disappointing though, compared to the last one. Conway made the episode imo. And Brock with his beastly art skillzz.

Just one thing I noticed about Conway and his recitation of Gorebyss' PokeDex entry - he apparently only knows the Sinnoh one. If only he told Dawn the one from Sapphire version, she would probably change her mind about Gorebyss...

"Although Gorebyss is the very picture of elegance and beauty while swimming, it is also cruel. When it spots its prey, this Pokemon inserts its thin mouth into the prey's body and drains the prey of its body fluids."

Since that's the Sapphire version entry, it makes sense Conway didn't know it but still... It would be pretty hilarious if he did tell Dawn that.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
That's one thing I like about Conway, he tries to impress Dawn, but she isn't. But he always tries again.

At first, before this episode was in the US, I also thought Angie was a boy, but she's a Tomboy.

Today's showing was very thought out. I felt like I was apart of the expedition too and the underwater scene happened to be my favorite. Also, I enjoyed seeing the water type Pokes, that made it feel like an aquatic adventure. I love the drawing the animators did for Ash and Co. with the Lumineon drawing. Beautiful.

*cwm*

i just saw this too:]
i loved it!
lumineon & slowking are the best.
i liked seeing yanmega too.

conway is sort of creepy.
haha

Warped Reflection

I saw the episode this morning. It was pretty funny how the characters interacted with each other and Jessie's moments were some of the funniest I've seen from her.

- Jessie has slaves to command.
- Ash has much better drawing skills than Angie.
- Pocha doesn't play with people of lower rank Dawn.
- I love that underwater music they have.
- Dawn gives into the transcriber.
- Pocha can show off whenever it wants to.

I really think that they need a centered episode about these guys in detention.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. Jessie really bugged me in this episode. Conway was a real pervert in some parts. It was cool to se a Lumineon. I like how Ash and everyone failed to remember that Jessie/Jessielinda has Yanmega. I don’t like to be reminded of school and this episode did just that.