• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Up Close and Personable (557)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Research Release - "The Legend of the Lake"!

Continuing their Summer School adventure. Ash & Co. are sent to a nearby lake to investigate reports that Pokémon are getting hypnotised there. Their task is to work out whats behind it and write a report on it. However, everyone wants to find out the reason first. Who will write the best report?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Well other than Conway whooping Jessie's Yanmega with his Slowking this episode felt kinda dull compared to last weeks.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Well other than Conway whooping Jessie's Yanmega with his Slowking this episode felt kinda dull compared to last weeks.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
This wasn't as good as last week's offering, but never the less, it was still enjoyable, and I'm sure the majority who agree with that sentiment are going to say that it was mainly due to Conway popping up next to the swimsuit-clad Hikari at random intervals. And I agree. Without him, this episode wouldn't have been half as fun as it was. Jessie manipulating young boys with her feminine charms and using them as cheap slave labour can't carry an episode by itself y'know!
Or at least a series of them.
In any case, I'm glad he's managed to nab himself a place during this arc, and I sincerely hope his appearences here won't mark his final performance in the show. Since Harley jumped on a power sneaker TV and rushed off to Johto, he's the only 'fun' character we've got, and that's more precious than a Golden Sudowoodo Filler.

-Ash should be an animation director, since he's better than Takeda. Ooooohhhh, buuuuuuurn. That was fecking harsh Gravy, you talentless hack.

-Can you believe Megayanma is voiced by the same guy who does Muku.BIRD. That's MEGAtastic.

-Speaking of MEGAstuff, Slowking vs. Megayanma, as one-sided and short as it may have been, was still a pretty good battle regardless. A MEGA battle, one might say. I particulary enjoyed Conway's reaction of nerdish glee as Dawn commented on his MEGA battling skills. Daww, how shippy-adorable-kawaii-cute.

-The Lumineon line isn't going to see much usage in the show, is it?

Last edited:

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
-The Lumineon line isn't going to see much usage in the show, is it?

Well there's still Zoey's Finneon.

...Zoey.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
That's probably why this Lumineon didn't do to much, Zoey's bound to end up with one long term and they probably want hers doing more.

TeddiUrsa

Dammit Gravy,..why did you have to post your opinion so early this time?
I was about to say how much I liked Kohei´s behavior in this episode and how funny Jessie´s manipulating was...and don´t start another meme based on "MEGA". I see what you did there... ;)

To be honest, aside from Kohei and Jessie...there wasn´t much in this episode that interested me...many part felt kinda boring I think.

- this episode once again shows how broken working in a group really is. Brock was the one who was clever enough to make the report about Lumineon ( okay, it wasn´t that clever to choose it...looking at the result), he was analysed the whole situation...yet everybody tried to get good marks because of it :p

- Is there a shipping name for Ash and Aoi ? Tomboy-shipping? it-isn´t-a-trap-shipping?

- one of the best scenes was Tohei stalking Hikari UNDER water...peeping at her while swimming...fanart of the two will be made[SPOIL] ( by me...)[/spoil].

This episode had a new AD , didn´t it? I can´t say much about him/her, the animation wasn´t that special, pretty average to me...many stills and almost none wacky faces or other outstanding aspects. But there were a few nice moments during the battle between Jessie and Kohei.
After all, this episode didn´t had much action, so I won´t judge the AD by just one episode.

Last edited:

Yulissa

<- x James = OTP ♥
Is there a shipping name for Ash and Aoi ? Tomboy-shipping? it-isn´t-a-trap-shipping?
Yes..Is MorpheusShipping

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
This episode wasn't as exciting as the last one. I was a little bored, Conway and Jessie gave me the laughs which sadly there were the only entertainment that provided. But oooh Conway has a crush on Dawn. He being love to stalk Dawn.

And Jessie and her minions, lol that made me laugh.

-Ash should be an animation director, since he's better than Takeda. Ooooohhhh, buuuuuuurn. That was fecking harsh Gravy, you talentless hack.

I agree, lol. Ash and Aoi sketches were interesting. Ash is a slightly better artist than Aoi.

[IMG139]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/hollahere/01.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/hollahere/02.jpg[/IMG139]

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
As people have already stated, this episode is not as good as the last one, although Conway following Hikari around was enough for me, also Jessie making all those young boys do her dirty work,massaging,boating ect...also funny

-Slowking vs Megayanma: i loved this part, yet again Conway getting all worked up because Hikari was cheering him on.

- one of the best scenes was Tohei stalking Hikari UNDER water...peeping at her while swimming...fanart of the two will be made
This part was far too funny for me...hehe

Last edited:

Alfonso

Derpgull
Conway creeping around Dawn sounds like win to me.

I stated this in another thread, but it's refreshing to see someone taking an interest in another character without it involving boring/gets old fast arguements like with Ash and Misty (or Ash and May to a lesser extent in a few episodes, but no one really liked that angle to their relationship so they didn't continue that.) or blushy blushy crap.

Sorry, but making Brock an awesome artist is terrible. They've basically taken the one thing that made Tracey unique and flushed it down the drain.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
Huh, we've seen Venonat with Conway, and awesome artist Brock. Well, at least Tracey still has Scyther and...Marill.

It amazes me how dense people are in this world. I know they've done this before, but this just takes the cake, runs with it, and shouts out Swinbe. Same Pokemon, same voice, and they STILL don't suspect Jessie. I would have been ok with it if she didn't use Yanmega, but the fact that she used it and you STILL don't know, is just so terrible it's not even funny.

TeddiUrsa

Sorry, but making Brock an awesome artist is terrible. They've basically taken the one thing that made Tracey unique and flushed it down the drain.

I m sure that Tracey´s picture would have been a lot better and...uhm...eer....nobody mops the floor like Tracey, I guess. ^^"

It amazes me how dense people are in this world. I know they've done this before, but this just takes the cake, runs with it, and shouts out Swinbe. Same Pokemon, same voice, and they STILL don't suspect Jessie. I would have been ok with it if she didn't use Yanmega, but the fact that she used it and you STILL don't know, is just so terrible it's not even funny.

I´m not sure, but I think I heard Hikari saying something about Musalina reminding her of Team Rocket when they met her inside the cave.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Conway...Conway...Conway....why didn't the writers make him a coordinator? Conway has the potential to be the "Harley" of the DP series, not in the exact same way of course, but in a way that he brings the humor and weirdness to Dawn in the same way Harley did to May.

My god, it actually pains me to see the dull set of rivals Dawn got in her Contest arc when instead we could have had Conway be one of them.

Who else hopes Conway appears in one of Dawn's future Contests?

Danman

Certainly I do, and I wonder what costume he'll wear!

OMG what if Conway dresses up as dawn like Harley did May

Alfonso

Derpgull
Conway...Conway...Conway....why didn't the writers make him a coordinator? Conway has the potential to be the "Harley" of the DP series, not in the exact same way of course, but in a way that he brings the humor and weirdness to Dawn in the same way Harley did to May.

My god, it actually pains me to see the dull set of rivals Dawn got in her Contest arc when instead we could have had Conway be one of them.

Who else hopes Conway appears in one of Dawn's future Contests?

I certainly would, and I reckon he will if they're going on the route that Conway likes May- he'll enter a Contest to try and impress her.

I can see me liking that pairing a lot. It's a nice, non stereotypical pairing that actually has some sort of evidence from the male participant unlike Pokeshipping...

;) Love you guys

Hahah, those pictures drawn by Ash and uh, Aoi (No idea who in the blue blazes she is.) are awesome. What we need now is someone to try explaining things to Ash with small cute drawings on a regular basis, Rukia style.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Turkey Juice Bowl, Exorcist Teddy Bear, The Fonz, Talking Rubix Cube, and pretty much everyone else already much beat me to my own thoughts about the plot and characters, due to me being occupied half the day attempting to earn money to pay for college unlike the rest of you parent-leeching slobs. Worse than last week's, with Conway's antics saving it from being a sleeping pill substitute.

I can't say Medea would be too happy about Tracey's role being greased over by...the character he replaced in the first place. I guess he'll have to settle for continuing to be Professor Oak's bitc...sex sla...umm...assistant. As for Conway, it would be in Dawn's best interest to install a pedometer on her Poketch. Get it? Pedometer? Lawlz, Suikun, you crafty dawg.

New AD = Barely passable. Not only did I initially mistake him/her for Takeda, but so did Gravy. No, that's not a compliment.

Hopefully Lumineon will get more screentime should Zoey's Finneon evolve.

... : D

I like the fact that they used who-are-you-ish-sh Pokémon, such as Dewgong, Lumineon, Gorebyss <3333~.xoxOO;. T'was pretty cool+pupu. Mainly, this was a unique episode ;3! -hugs the writers for making three of my dreams come true in this arc-

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Confession time...

...I really like Lumineon. It was my water Pokemon for my initial Pearl run, and for some reason despite being done like 25+ times, I really liked it.

Haven't watched this episode yet, but I sort of get the feeling from total lack of Lumineon talk in this thread it didn't do ANYTHING.

Atleast there's still Zoey's to possibly look foward to...

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
Haven't watched this episode yet, but I sort of get the feeling from total lack of Lumineon talk in this thread it didn't do ANYTHING.

It jumped out of the water, glowed, said it's name, Dawn tried to dex it, Conway said it's dex info, and it went back it. Thats it. Sorry >_>

This episode surely wasn't as good as last weeks, But it was rather enjoyable.
Jessie + manual labor through children = win

And I can't help but notice..Dawn's pokemon must be getting pretty hungry. Poor Pachi, Poor Swinub :(