• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Up Close and Personable (557)

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
It was a good episode but we barely saw any of Finneon. And did anyone else notice that before one of the commercials, they were all in their swimsuits, and after the commercial, they were all in the regular clothes but didn't go anywhere? I love goofs. =D

Torpoleon

At the end, Prof. Rowan said,"Looks like Lumineon is back. Looks like I will be ending school earlier." He thn turns to look at Mt. Coronet. What does that mean?

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
Yesss! A great, an excellent episode! Masterfully done!
I enjoyed watching it from the beginning to the end!

There were so many aspects which I could enumerate, so please don't consider the following listing as complete.
Let's go:

Ash and Angie together in one boat was quite nice. Is that possibly meant to imply something? ;)

Watching Jessie sitting enthroned in her boat with her two slaves (yeah I think "slaves" hits the nail on the head!) was hilarious. All her behavior, in particular acting like a queen was so entertaining. Yes, Jessie is really "our queen", as Meowth correctly added XD
Well,James and Meowth, her two permanent subjects, can at least take a break from her strict rule now :ksmile:
What do you think, are the poor boys perhaps planning a revolution against their "leader" ?:XD2:

Both the gorgeous lake and the creepy cave (combined with the scary music) were a very well-chosen setting. The writers managed to create an awesome atmosphere. Not to forget the animation which was outstanding today!

I really liked that all the important characters of this arc discovered the cave together and did something more or less important.

And ,of course,I also had to laugh at Conway:
We already knew that he was weird but this was Conway at his best! It's more than obvious that he has a crush on Dawn. How sweet was it to see him trying to approach her again and again.^^ Although I'm convinced that Dawn and Convey wouldn't match, I somehow feel sorry for this rejected lover ^^

But, unfortunately, I also have to critize two things (yet it won't change my opinion that the episode is another example of a great, successful story):
Firstly, it's a pity that Ash couldn't do "more" today. Although he was given some good scenes, he couldn't really shine.
And secondly, I find it far too hard that Ash and Co. lost four points!! I mean, what for?? Just for leaving the area of the lake??? Come on, Prof. Rowan, your acadamy isn't a kindergarten, is it? Instead of praising our heroes for such an awesome adventure and report, you punish them??? No, I absolutely can't agree with this totally unfair decision!:saiyan:

Finally, one question remains:
Why in the world did Lumineon lure the other Pokemon into the cave? Why? Surely not, because it intended to share its food. On the one hand it wants to show its solidarity and on the other hand it tricks Pokemon by hypnotizing them? No, that simply doesn't go together!
I guess this question will remain unsolved unless you have a reasonable explanation.

Well, apart from the fact that Ash and his friends were treated highly unfairly, this episode was brilliant!
I enjoyed every second and so, I give

8 out of 10 points

Warped Reflection

Finally, one question remains:
Why in the world did Lumineon lure the other Pokemon into the cave? Why? Surely not, because it intended to share its food. On the one hand it wants to show its solidarity and on the other hand it tricks Pokemon by hypnotizing them? No, that simply doesn't go together!
I guess this question will remain unsolved unless you have a reasonable explanation.

I don't think that it was atracting them on purpose. Maybe it's light just escaped the cave and the pokémon saw it so they were hypnotized.

uber gon

Accept Change
And here I was hoping someone would find out Jessie wasn't who she said she was.

~AussieWonder~

This episode was actually a lot better than I expected. Haha Conway is so creepy, I dont know why thats funny, I just find him weird. Seeing Slowking again was awsome, Yanmega got owned. Cant wait for next wks ep.

gtab x3

I liked this episode. it was great, and all the water pokemon look so cute especially shinx! I liked how we saw how ash and angie drew, pretty realistic drawings. i hated jesse in this episode, and in the whole summerschool arc, she boses little kids, and they listen, Why?

Lumineon had hardly any view time, after the battle it was gone!
I also was wondering what professour rowan said at the end, do you know what he ment?
the whole report idea sounded to me really stupid..

Rebeccag

Good episode although i felt a tad annoyed that Ash and co lost points. I mean they do worse stuff and get away with it
Comway freaks me but im starting to laugh at it now. Also the Ash/Angie drawing scene was cute
Only thing i could think of though was Misty would like this part of the summer camp, all those water pokemon

dman_dustin

I kinda LOL'd at Rowan.
"You left the lake, so you lose points."
So they would've rather had Aoi lose her Shinx and stay at the lake than her go and get it...? Yeah, thats teaching kids to set their priorities alright.

Don't forget that the dangers of the world don't compare to the dangers of leaving a lake and wander around.

uber gon

Accept Change
Good episode although i felt a tad annoyed that Ash and co lost points. I mean they do worse stuff and get away with it
Comway freaks me but im starting to laugh at it now. Also the Ash/Angie drawing scene was cute
Only thing i could think of though was Misty would like this part of the summer camp, all those water pokemon

Shame she's stuck in the gym. Meh, at least she was mentioned at some point.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
I liked this episode, this is Jessie's best look ever. What I didn't
like was what they did to Conway. They laid his crush on a litte
too thick, too much for one episode. It made him a little less awesome.
Lease he got a battle though, could have been against good trainer but
beggars can't be choosers.

Mario-Sonic

Former NSider
What I find ironic about this episode is that although Ash and Co. gained 10 points for the Lumineon report, they lost 16 points overall for leaving the lake area. All that hard work got wasted big time.

uber gon

Accept Change
What I find ironic about this episode is that although Ash and Co. gained 10 points for the Lumineon report, they lost 16 points overall for leaving the lake area. All that hard work got wasted big time.

Well apparently they should've just told an adult what happened to Shinx and all.

dman_dustin

I'm pretty sure it was 10 points each, making it 40 points total minus the 16 points they lost.

Mario-Sonic

Former NSider
I'm pretty sure it was 10 points each, making it 40 points total minus the 16 points they lost.

You might be on to something right there. I guess I'm just messed up about if it's just 10 points for the report or 10 points for each person who constructed the report.

Terry. T.

One and Only...
Conway was proved to have a crush on Dawn in this ep...
Now we just need him to admit it.
Maybe Oak released Totodile and Kingler?

Genome

pro-SHARK WEEK
We're near water, let's talk like surfers.
"Pikachu, if you die that would be so totally bogus dude."

Isn't the thought of observing the marine life via your own artificially reconstructed fish creatures the slightest bit sickening?

Let's upload them to DeviantArt!

Don't you dare talk about Snowman Dewgong that way!

Record speeds at changing clothes must be inherent Japanese genetics.

Lumineon. First non-psychic to master the power of subliminal advertisement. Sounds A-worthy to me.

5/10 Okay. So we're trimming action and catering to the "I'm better than you" love affair demographic?
Can we at least talk about Dewgong's diet and not how hard its horn is? I should slow down a little, I still can't get past what summer school and the point system are teaching me anyway.

ShinyAeon

Having been worried by the comments earlier in this thread, and having finally seen this episode, I must say I'm quite relieved on the Tracey front.

Brock's sketch was decent, but nowhere near Tracey's level of skill. For one thing it was a straight profile that looks like he could have copied it from a reference book (Tracey would have given us a shot of Lumineon's incredible leap, with water drops flying and everything) and the shading on Lumineon was basic and workmanlike...it didn't approach the 3-D, living quality that Tracey's sketches have.

In short, I think we Tracey fans can relax...his uniqueness is intact (and his sexiness is still unparalleled). :D

Shiny Aeon

(P.S...um, Medea, isn't it maybe a little unfair to say Brock stabbed Tracey in the back? I mean, isn't that just as unfair as saying that Tracey stabbed Brock in the back by replacing him in the Orange Islands? Neither actions were the characters' faults, they were merely the foolish machinations of the writers/directors/etc....we shouldn't visit the sins of the series-makers upon the poor innocent characters.)