• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming Anime Your Looking Forward Too?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Discuss or simply bring up Upcoming Anime you guys & gals are looking forward too!

For me... I AM SO MUCH LOOKING FORWARD TO TOWER OF GOD! And I can see other fans are as well, spreading the word not to spoil Part 1 for unprepared non-manwha readers! Hahaha! Oh man, the twists and turns are going to hit them like a truck! Also, can't wait for them to see Yuri Zahard who is best badass girl! Although from what I've seen of the trailer, I've noticed there's no scenes happening past the Crown Game arc. We see Baam trying to find Rachel, Evankhell's Hell, the test of Lero-Ro who FUN FACT is inspired by Pikachu's design, the intense Door Test and then there's the Crown Game where things get really chaotic when three unexpected players enter the game. There's no scenes after the Crown Game. Guess they are saving the rest of Part 1 for a second season. Out of all the games/tests of Part 1, the Crown Game is probably my favorite.

Also lol, so to those who have read ToG, it appears the one voicing "that" character lol will be Saori Hayami, the VA for Shinobu Kocho from Demon Slayer and Fubuki from One-Punch Man.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kakushigoto, because I've read some of the manga and I think it's a good manga series, so I have high expectations for the anime adaptation.

shoz999

Another anime adaptation that I'm looking forward is Noblesse which also had some short anime footage in the Crunchyroll Originals trailer. For those who don't know, Noblesse is kind of like Vampires + Bleach. Interestingly, it's being animated by Production IG who is well known for their work on Ghost in the Shell and Psycho Pass and I think it's the perfect matchup considering that although Noblesse isn't Hellsing, it's still pretty bloody violent. However, I'm also kind of skeptical considering that this isn't actually the first time Production IG made an anime adaptation of Noblesse. Yes, believe it or not Noblesse had two OVAs, one from Korea and one from Japan and while I haven't seen the Korean one, I have seen the Japanese one and I feel the tone is just all wrong.

Some spoilers early on into explaining why but the reason is because there is this moment where we see the main character, a vampire named Raizel kill the first main baddy who goes from a tall cocky brute to a hulkish giant brute. When I read the Manwha, I got horror hopeless vibes but not for the main character Raizel but instead for the villain where no matter how much he tries with his hulkish brute strength, Raizel easily overpowers him like he's just a fly, succumbing the villain to his control and that's the point. It's to establish that Raizel is OP as @#$% in a way that terrifies the villain and the manwha actually puts it to its advantage, kind of like Hellsing only the violence is toned down. In the OVA I've seen, instead of a horror tone where everything is hopeless for the villain, they give the scene where Raizel overpowers the villain a heroic tone as if he's here to save the day and I just don't think it works well.

Despite my issues with the adaptation, I'm still looking forward to this one and I hope it gives that tone similar to Hellsing only with the violence toned down a lot.

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Tower of God
The God of Highschool
Digimon Adventures (Reboot)
The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 (and Season 3)
Mushoku Tensei
Tonikaku Cawaii

Last edited:

shoz999

c3367988b5fc7e3e27045590cb9b1ee38bbabf5a_00.jpg

Another anime I'm looking forward to is The God of Highschool but here's the thing. Tower of God, Noblesse and The God of Highschool are referred by some as the big three of Manhwa and I love Manhwa but I never actually read The God of Highschool lol and from what little scenes of The God of Highschool anime that the Crunchyroll trailer showed, oh man the close-quarters fist to fist action looks amazing! I'm kind of actually regretting not seeing what the webtoon is about all these years because a lot of action anime and manga in-general focus less on close-quarters action with fists and more on distance and fancy weapons such as swords! This looks exciting! I can see why people are so hyped about The God of Highschool. I am definitely checking this out.

Also I saw the newest Tower of God trailer and the action looks amazing! Some fans think ToG got the worst studio out of the big three, Noblesse getting Production IG and The God of High School getting MAPPA but I think the guys who did Lupin the 3rd did a really good job for Tower of God. I am a little worried because the first trailer is a bit choppy but the action here is tense and you can see a bit of their personality bleed through that action and I love it! Although I do wonder why there is a blushing and breathing scene. That was never in the webtoon lol.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2. I just finished Season 1 over the weekend and I'm already drooling for more. I need more of this show! And more of best waifu of all time Raphtalia! OMGWHENISITCOMINGOUTINEEDITWTFBBQ *foams at the mouth and dies*

EDIT: Really guys? No jokes about me catching rabies from Raphtalia? I wasn't quite going for that but I unintentionally set myself up perfectly for it. You disappoint me SPPF.

Last edited:

shoz999

@Blaze Master X @345ash-greninja @Leonhart @Darthlord7 @wolf jani @Aduro @mehmeh1

I know a few of you here don't read Tower of God, but I think this is kind of hilarious anyway. Do you know who is voicing the narcissistic & battle-hungry Rak Wraithraiser and the cool & calm Khun lol for the Tower of God anime? Kenta Miyake, the VA for All Might from My Hero Academia, is voicing Rak Wraithraiser lol and Nobuhiko Okamoto, the VA for Bakugo from My Hero Academia, is voicing Khun lol. I just think that's funny because the characters they voice in My Hero Academia and Tower of God couldn't be anymore opposite. Whose ready to hear All Might talk non-stop about turtles on April 1st!

shoz999

I don't know how to feel having Saori Hayami voicing Rachel of all people...
I thought she would be a better fit for Hwa Ryun, quiet but mischievous, but I think from what I seen, she does a decent Rachel in terms of capturing the "sweet and innocent side" of her.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
@shoz999

I've never read this webtoon before but going by whatever great things I heard about Tower Of God before, I'm definitely looking forward to this anime adaptation. :)

Anyways, talking about some upcoming anime this year which I'm looking forward to:

Attack On Titan: The Final Season

This is gonna be an absolute blast, no doubt. Season 3 Part 2 simply was mindboggling & just blew all expectations out of the water, plus from what I've heard from the manga readers, the latest chapters of AoT are nothing short of incredible with Eren getting amazing characterization & development there. AoT could potentially become my #1 anime after this season.

The Promised Neverland Season 2

Absolutely loved the 1st Season & was really invested in Norman, Emma & Ray. With a helluva cliffhanger ending to the season, can't wait to see....

What adventures await Emma and co. after having successfully escaping from the orphanage!

5-Toubun No Hanayome 2nd Season

Quite liked the first season of it, I'm not really much into the romance/harem genre, but I found this one surprisingly enjoyable & well-written for a harem anime. I've heard from the manga readers the manga had a weird ending, but still, I'm looking forward to the 2nd Season.

Last edited:

shoz999

@shoz999

I've never read this webtoon before but going by whatever great things I heard about Tower Of God before, I'm definitely looking forward to this anime adaptation. :)

Anyways, talking about some upcoming anime this year which I'm looking forward to:

Attack Of Titan: The Final Season

This is gonna be an absolute blast, no doubt. Season 3 Part 2 simply was mindboggling & just blew all expectations out of the water, plus from what I've heard from the manga readers, the latest chapters of AoT are nothing short of incredible with Eren getting amazing characterization & development there. AoT could potentially become my #1 anime after this .season

Absolutely loved the 1st Season & was really invested in Norman, Emma & Ray. With a helluva cliffhanger ending to the season, can't wait to see....

What adventures await Emma and co. and having successfully escaping from the orphanage!

5-Toubun No Hanayome 2nd Season

Quite liked the first season of it, I'm not really much into the romance/harem genre, but I found this one surprisingly enjoyable & well-written for a harem anime. I've heard from the manga readers the anime had a weird ending, but still, I'm looking forward to the 2nd Season.
I've been told by some fans the closest comparison one can make to Tower of God is that it's kind of like the games featured in Hunter x Hunter but on steroids.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload

What adventures await Emma and co. and having successfully escaping from the orphanage!

Oh my god, yes! I watched The Promised Neverland while it was airing on Aniplus and tuned in every week for it because it was just that suspenseful for me. Every episode made me scared to death and want to see the next one to see how it goes. So I'm glad to hear of the second season.

But unless it ends up airing on Aniplus again, which means I'll ltune in every week just like with the first season, I'll probably wait until the season is over before watching it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Oh my god, yes! I watched The Promised Neverland while it was airing on Aniplus and tuned in every week for it because it was just that suspenseful for me. Every episode made me scared to death and want to see the next one to see how it goes. So I'm glad to hear of the second season.

But unless it ends up airing on Aniplus again, which means I'll ltune in every week just like with the first season, I'll probably wait until the season is over before watching it.

You can just watch every airing episode on the internet every week if you want to, just like I do, but then again, it's up to you of course. :) But yeah, The Promised Neverland was amazing no doubt, nothing short of an intense thriller which always kept me on my toes. It gave me the feelings of tension, thrills and shock throughout and really did manage to attach me slowly but steadily. The constant mental games between Norman/Emma/Ray & Isabella gave me chills & Death Note vibes, NGL. I was most invested in Norman though, he was best boy for me, and...

I kinda have a feeling that he's still alive after Season 1!

Also, I've heard from the manga readers that the story doesn't remain a full psychological thriller all the time like it was in the first season & things actually get more action-packed in the later arcs, so I'm kinda looking forward to see how that shift in tone takes place.

Glad to see yet another fan of the anime, because it's an amazing show indeed. :) The 2nd Season is gonna air from Oct 2020 if in case you're curious.

Last edited:

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I'm looking forward to:

OreGairu 3rd Season
Fruits Basket 2nd Season
Kaguya-sama: Love is War 2nd Season
Tower of God
God of Highschool
Haikyuu!!: To The Top 2nd Season
Log Horizon: Destruction of the Round Table
Beastars 2nd Season
Uzumaki
Gintama (Shinsaku)

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
You can just watch every airing episode on the internet every week if you want to, just like I do, but then again, it's up to you of course. :)

It's more because I don't have any subscription or whatever for things like Crunchyroll and I'd rather use my internet for other things. So if it's more convenient for me if it's airing on Aniplus.

But yeah, The Promised Neverland was amazing no doubt, nothing short of an intense thriller which always kept me on my toes. It gave me the feelings of tension, thrills and shock throughout and really did manage to attach me slowly but steadily. The constant mental games between Norman/Emma/Ray & Isabella gave me chills & Death Note vibes, NGL. I was most invested in Norman though, he was best boy for me, and...

I kinda have a feeling that he's still alive after Season 1!

Agreed. Though...

I would like Norman to be alive, considering how surprising the show has been, I wouldn't be surprised that he's just dead.

Also, I've heard from the manga readers that the story doesn't remain a full psychological thriller all the time like it was in the first season & things actually get more action-packed in the later arcs, so I'm kinda looking forward to see how that shift in tone takes place.

Interesting. A part of me is temoted to read the manga but I have other things I'm prioritizing so I'll most likely just watch the anime.

shoz999

For the Tower of God anime, I think the only thing I'm concerned about is how they will handle Yuri, who is regarded by most ToG fans as best girl. They portray her in the anime more like a tsundere. She's more like a rebellious, energetic girl, but unlike a tsundere, she stays true to her feelings in comedic perhaps almost sociopathic ways. One of the most interesting character designs early on in ToG is Akryung (whose name literally means Evil Spirit) and he has an extremely intimidating design, as if he came from hell itself. I'm curious how they'll animate him, considering his size, and the amount of detail put into his design.

Also the anime looks like it's only ending after the Crown Game, but I hope we get to see ToG's first main antagonist unveil himself. Won't spoil it but he does not disappoint. Actually, I believe I showed you @mehmeh1 in the "Rate the above fictional character" Thread. You never read Tower of God but you said he had one of the most creepiest designs you have ever seen, that you automatically gave it a 0/10 lol just because it was too goddamn creepy.