• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming Godzilla Reboot by Legendary Pictures

MosuGoji

RIP Jared
So yeah, there's a new Godzilla movie coming out. Dunno about most of you guys here, but, being a long time Godzilla fan, I'm ****ing ready for May 16th to see it. Supposedly "An epic rebirth to Toho’s iconic Godzilla, this spectacular adventure pits the world’s most famous monster against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity’s scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence". Two other monsters aside from Godzilla will star, dubbed MUTOs (full names still not known yet), reptilian insects. Definitely not like the old 60's and 70's Godzilla movies (which I love).

Sounds awesome.

Trailers/Teasers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIu85WQTPRc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjKO...kB3pEHHoo6_v4O_7P4w0V7&feature=c4-overview-vl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z0T3VwHzk8

BCTdCOD.jpg

Attachments

• BCTdCOD.jpg
    BCTdCOD.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 2
Just watched the trailer not to long ago, looks pretty good. Nice to see the big guy back on the silver screen.

charizardfan

So there's an actual trailer now (not the teaser that came out last December)? Did that just come out today?

EDIT: just watched the new trailer, and I'm going to go ahead and take what I said back. The movie looks great and as a fan I'm pretty excited. Still hope to see a little more Godzilla focus (why do they need to obscure his appearance, anyway?) in the future, though.

I just hope the actual movie lives up to the hype. It's a second chance after the 1998 debacle, and I really want a good Godzilla movie this time.

Last edited:

MosuGoji

RIP Jared
So there's an actual trailer now (not the teaser that came out last December)? Did that just come out today?

Yep. 10:00 PST.

Still hope to see a little more Godzilla focus (why do they need to obscure his appearance, anyway?) in the future, though.

Dunno, but whatever it is they're doing, it's working. I'm hyped.

Oh, and we're going to be bombarded with Godzilla after the embargo lifts. (March 17)

Mister_SGG

Bryan Cranston is in this how did I not know this now I have to see it. I have never seen a Godzilla movie before so I don't know if there's a long list of bad remakes but I don't care. B r y a n C r a n s t o n

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
While watching the new trailer, I was getting 1998 Godzilla flashbacks. And not the good kind of flashbacks. But then I told myself that Toho has control over Godzilla this time, until I looked further into it and learned that no, Toho doesn't appear to be involved. And now I'm worried again.

BUT, for sure we know that there's no Matthew Broderick, no pregnancy plot-point (please God, not this one, don't prove me wrong), no "That's a lot of fish", nothing like that. Maybe the "humans are monsters" BS the first film also pulled on us, but I think we're safe, and that we'll get a good Godzilla film.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, though. I want to go see the film, I really do (it's coming out on my brother's birthday, so I think we're going to go see it then, helps it's a Friday), but I don't want to get my hopes up in case the movie slips up on something. The marketing's been pretty good, and it's being hyped up with the fans, but so was the 1998 film. So I'm trying to play it safe.

Though I'm curious as to what these MUTOs are...

Last edited:

MosuGoji

RIP Jared
While watching the new trailer, I was getting 1998 Godzilla flashbacks. And not the good kind of flashbacks. But then I told myself that Toho has control over Godzilla this time, until I looked further into it and learned that no, Toho doesn't appear to be involved. And now I'm worried again.
What instigated the flashbacks, might I ask? And if it's any reassurance that they'll get Godzilla right, Gareth Edwards, the director, is a huge fan himself. So, yeah, there's that.

BUT, for sure we know that there's no Matthew Broderick, no pregnancy plot-point (please God, not this one, don't prove me wrong), no "That's a lot of fish", nothing like that. Maybe the "humans are monsters" BS the first film also pulled on us, but I think we're safe, and that we'll get a good Godzilla film.
I am one hundred percent certain that NONE of those will be in this movie.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, though. I want to go see the film, I really do (it's coming out on my brother's birthday, so I think we're going to go see it then, helps it's a Friday), but I don't want to get my hopes up in case the movie slips up on something. The marketing's been pretty good, and it's being hyped up with the fans, but so was the 1998 film. So I'm trying to play it safe.
I've been trying to do EXACTLY the same thing, but it's just too hard for me. Too much good marketing.

Though I'm curious as to what these MUTOs are...
APPARENTLY, according to a leaked 2012 script, they're

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD​

reptile-like insects that need nuclear energy to lay their eggs (therefore they either a) laid eggs in prehistoric members of the Godzilla species, or b) take nuclear warfare to lay their eggs on). They both have eight legs, but Godzilla absolutely wrecks the male one in a fight and tears the legs off, but ends up irradiating it enough for it to grow wings (like the male MUTOs are supposed to do, but this one was deformed). The other is MASSIVE, nearly Godzilla's size and bioluminescent.

charizardfan

I heard the monsters in this were new, which is kind of disappointing to me. If this movie is fortunate enough to get a sequel, I hope Legendary is able to bring in some of the old Toho characters like Mothra, King Ghidorah, or Mechagodzilla. IMO, it'd be shame not to see them in a possible future Godzilla film.

Oh, and I saw this posted on another board:

godzillaempirecovernew.jpg

Where exactly did you see that Toho had no influence on this movie? Everything I tend to hear about how they treat the character overseas nowadays has given me the opposite impression: that Toho is actually quite protective of Godzilla and the way he's depicted. But then, I could be wrong.

In any case, the 1998 movie is pretty infamous and serves as a perfect example of what NOT to do with Godzilla. So while I obviously can't speak for the film's quality, I'm at least sure that it'll be a true Godzilla movie (for one thing, Legendary's Godzilla actually looks like Godzilla this time...). No way anyone repeats the '98 mistake again. I just hope the movie is good.

Last edited:

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Will definitely be going to see this when it comes out. While the only experience I have had with Godzilla are the 1998 movie, a video game and maybe one of the original ones, I still think its awesome, so I'll be awaiting this eagerly.

MosuGoji

RIP Jared
I heard the monsters in this were new, which is kind of disappointing to me. If this movie is fortunate enough to get a sequel, I hope Legendary is able to bring in some of the old Toho characters like Mothra, King Ghidorah, or Mechagodzilla. IMO, it'd be shame not to see them in a possible future Godzilla film.

Well then you'll be glad to hear that, while I was lurking on the Toho Kingdom Forums, forum member and VERY reliable source Chris55 has stated that Legendary has the rights to five other monsters (likely the "Big Five" of the old series - Godzilla (of course), Mothra, King Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan).

He has also STRONGLY hinted at King Ghidorah being in a sequel.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
[SwiftRage];17004143 said:
Just watched the trailer not to long ago, looks pretty good. Nice to see the big guy back on the silver screen.

I did as well. Looks like it'll be a good movie. Can't wait until it comes out.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
The newest trailer has definitely made me interested in this movie. It's spine-chilling. I love monster movies that are specifically serious and attempt to hide the monster's appearance.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
The newest trailer has definitely made me interested in this movie. It's spine-chilling. I love monster movies that are specifically serious and attempt to hide the monster's appearance.

See, half of me wants to wait till the movie to see the monster, the other half, just wants to see what the heck the thing looks like. *thinks of Super 8*

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
That trailer really freaked me out. But I do think they are defiantly trying to make sure this doesn't end up like Godzilla '98 and more like the Godzilla everyone loves, so that's defiantly something. Hoping this movie does do good, as I would like to see kaiju become mainstream again.

Ruas

I saw the first trailer in the movie previews in the theatre, and that roar literally shook the entire hall.

I just saw it too. That roar in the end is just seriously epic. Really looking forward to this. The story so far looks promising.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I wasn't interested at first. That is until I saw the trailer! I've always been a fan of monsters destroying cities and Godzilla is the king of that. Looking forward to this movie very much. Bring on Godzilla!