• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming gym battles thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy909

Just another guy
Hopefully Ash's next Pokemon is a Skiddo/Gogoat and goes up against Ramos's Gogoat in Gym 4.

Sounds ok, but I think that would be a bit boring. It would be like the past Pikachu Vs. Raichu battle. I would like to see him try to ride a Gogoat around (and fail) but not catch one.

Haunter ゴースト

Sounds ok, but I think that would be a bit boring. It would be like the past Pikachu Vs. Raichu battle. I would like to see him try to ride a Gogoat around (and fail) but not catch one.

All down to opinion.

I really like Gogoat (Skiddo not much really) and considering the Skiddo Ranch is before Gym 4, and Ash's small Team i think it'd be a great opportunity for him to catch one and use it in Gym 4.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
All down to opinion.

I really like Gogoat (Skiddo not much really) and considering the Skiddo Ranch is before Gym 4, and Ash's small Team i think it'd be a great opportunity for him to catch one and use it in Gym 4.

Hmm,if he doesn't catch Hawlucha,then there's a posibility he'll get Skiddo...if he gets Hawlucha,then...I doubt he'll get Skiddo too.

Haunter ゴースト

You also have to consider the factor Ash always has a Grass Type on team, and if Chespion isn't on-team that leaves Skiddo/Gogoat or Phantump/Trevenant and personally i don't think Phantump/Trevenant suits Ash at all whilst Skiddo/Gogoat (not just because of my favouritism) seems to suit him perfectly.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
You also have to consider the factor Ash always has a Grass Type on team, and if Chespion isn't on-team that leaves Skiddo/Gogoat or Phantump/Trevenant and personally i don't think Phantump/Trevenant suits Ash at all whilst Skiddo/Gogoat (not just because of my favouritism) seems to suit him perfectly.
I think Skiddo/Gogoat are some of the most boring pokemon ever created.They offer no versatility in terms of personality...Skiddo would probably just be loyal and with a smile on its face.And Gogoat is even more boring by losing any facial expression.

Haunter ゴースト

I think Skiddo/Gogoat are some of the most boring pokemon ever created.They offer no versatility in terms of personality...Skiddo would probably just be loyal and with a smile on its face.And Gogoat is even more boring by losing any facial expression.

That's simply Alexa's Gogoat your talking about.

As we've seen, every single Pokemon personality can be different in many ways - maybe Ash will catch a Gogoat which is eager to battle all the time, or maybe it ignores him, or maybe it is simply a friendly fighter like Bulbasaur/Bayleef.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
That's simply Alexa's Gogoat your talking about.

As we've seen, every single Pokemon personality can be different in many ways - maybe Ash will catch a Gogoat which is eager to battle all the time, or maybe it ignores him, or maybe it is simply a friendly fighter like Bulbasaur/Bayleef.

Sure,it's a fact that the writers have gone out of their way to make a bland pkmn as vivid as a rainbow>.>

I call it the boring-meter...the more boring a pkmn is,the less it appears.Gogoat would have a hard time remaining interesting.

Haunter ゴースト

Sure,it's a fact that the writers have gone out of their way to make a bland pkmn as vivid as a rainbow>.>

Well they have created personalities depending on how they want the Pokemon to be perceived so yeah.

I call it the boring-meter...the more boring a pkmn is,the less it appears.Gogoat would have a hard time remaining interesting.

Torterra is pretty boring but it looks cool and remained interesting on Ash's roster.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Well they have created personalities depending on how they want the Pokemon to be perceived so yeah.

Torterra is pretty boring but it looks cool and remained interesting on Ash's roster.
Really?It had like three battles after it evolved and lost in all of them.It wasn't an engaging,interesting pkmn.But I guess that's my opinion.

Haunter ゴースト

Really?It had like three battles after it evolved and lost in all of them.It wasn't an engaging,interesting pkmn.But I guess that's my opinion.

It's development as a Torterra wasn't what you was arguing though, you was saying how if a Pokemon is boring it's less likely to appear. Torterra is pretty boring (a cool Pokemon though imo) yet Ash's while not treated well did get fair screentime parallel to his other DP Pokemon and it got some very cool battles with an E4 member to say the least which made it interesting.

As you said though, opinion - opinion^^.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
It's development as a Torterra wasn't what you was arguing though, you was saying how if a Pokemon is boring it's less likely to appear. Torterra is pretty boring (a cool Pokemon though imo) yet Ash's while not treated well did get fair screentime parallel to his other DP Pokemon and it got some very cool battles with an E4 member to say the least which made it interesting.

As you said though, opinion - opinion^^.
I just hope that,if he gets Skiddo,it'll be like hyperactive or something.Like those goats that climb on everything and chew everything and are super nosy,open car doors,drink from bottles and do all kinds of crazy stuff.That,I would love to see.But I think it evolving would ruin all that.

And I guess it would be of some help in the Grass type gym,seeing that its ability renders it immune to Grass type attacks.

I kind of like gogoat's boringness don't ask why I don't know.

third gym: if he catches a hawlucha
Pikachu vs. mienfoo(tie)
Fletchinder vs. Pancham(Fletchinder)
Fletchinder vs. Lucario(Lucario)
Hawlucha vs. Lucario(Hawlucha)

third gym: if he doesn't catch anything
Froakie vs. Mienfoo(tie)
Pikachu vs. Machoke or Machamp whatever it is(Machoke/Machamp)
Fletchinder vs. Machoke/Machamp(Fletchinder)
Fletchinder vs. Hawlucha (Fletchinder)

I prefer the gym battle when ash doesn't catch hawlucha byt I really want ash to catch hawlucha so im torn between the two

The third gym is somewhat harder to predict for than the other gyms with the whole Hawlucha and Lucario confusion lately. So, I'll do both:

If Korrina has Hawlucha:

Pikachu VS Mienfoo (Pikachu recalled)
Froakie VS Mienfoo (Froakie)
Froakie VS Machoke (tie)
Pikachu VS Hawlucha (Hawlucha)
Fletchlinder VS Hawlucha (Fletchlinder)

If Korrina has Lucario:

Pikachu VS Mienfoo (Pikachu)
Pikachu VS Machoke (Machoke)
Froakie VS Machoke (Froakie)
Froakie VS Lucario (Lucario)
Fletchlinder VS Lucario (Fletchlinder, or tie. I'd prefer Fletchlinder, but I could see the writers doing it like they did Maylene's gym.)

I personally like the Hawlucha battle better.

Matsamota451

Pokémon Master
Ash vs. Korrina : Ash

Froakie vs. Machoke : Froakie
Froakie vs. Hawlucha : Hawlucha
Fletchling vs. Hawlucha : Fletchling
Fletchling vs. Lucario : Lucario
Pikachu vs. Lucario : Pikachu

Arrow-Jolteon

Electric Trainer
Ash vs. Korrina : Ash

Froakie vs. Machoke : Froakie
Froakie vs. Hawlucha : Hawlucha
Fletchling vs. Hawlucha : Fletchling
Fletchling vs. Lucario : Lucario
Pikachu vs. Lucario : Pikachu

Pikachu already got to be the star of two Gyms in a row. Why not let someone else take the glory for a change? But then again, knowing the writers, this prediction is the most likely scenario... except that the writers would probably give Pikachu two victories and give Fletching the shaft yet again :(

jrizza88

Meteorite
Pikachu already got to be the star of two Gyms in a row. Why not let someone else take the glory for a change? But then again, knowing the writers, this prediction is the most likely scenario... except that the writers would probably give Pikachu two victories and give Fletching the shaft yet again :(

I think Fletchling will star and evolve either in this episode, or right before it. I think I saw a pikachu that looked like Pikachu was battling mega lucario. I think maybe Froakie and Fletchling take the first two wins, and then it will come down to Lucario where Pikachu is used and does well, but gets ko'd. The Froakie comes in next and gets Ko'd, and then Fletchling is Fletchinder or evolves to use a super effective fire type move to that down the aura pokemon. I personally do want to see Pika beat Lucario since I am still upset with it losing to Lucario, but if Pikachu were to star here, i would hope he wouldn't for the rest of the upcoming gyms...

Also, we still can't be too sure if Hawlucha will be used by her, since it might end up belonging to Ash possibly..

zhixun

For Satoshi battle with Citron, I guess Citron might bring Harimaron into play. That might be a special.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Also, we still can't be too sure if Hawlucha will be used by her, since it might end up belonging to Ash possibly..

That's never stopped them before. Winona had Swellow, Gardenia had Turtwig, and Clay had Palpitoad, even though Ash shared all those; the first two even battled Ash's counterpart in the Gym. So I don't think Ash potentially getting Hawlucha means Korrina won't have it. Anyway, here are my newest predictions:

Ash vs. Korrina
Fletchinder vs. Hawlucha (Fletchinder is recalled)
Pikachu vs. Hawlucha (Pikachu is recalled)
Hawlucha vs. Hawlucha (Ash's)
Hawlucha vs. Mienfoo (Mienfoo)
Fletchinder vs. Mienfoo (Fletchinder)
Fletchinder vs. Lucario (Lucario)
Pikachu vs. Lucario (Pikachu) don't kill me

Ash vs. Ramos
Fletchinder vs. Jumpluff (Jumpluff)
Hawlucha vs. Jumpluff (Hawlucha)
Hawlucha vs. Weepinbell (Hawlucha is recalled)
Skiddo vs. Weepinbell (Skiddo and recalled)
Hawlucha vs. Gogoat (Gogoat)
Skiddo vs. Gogoat (Skiddo)

Ash vs. Clemont
Pikachu vs. Bunnelby/Diggersby (Pikachu)
Pikachu vs. Chespin (Chespin)
Frogadier vs. Chespin (Frogadier and recalled)
Skiddo vs. Heliolisk (Heliolisk)
Frogadier vs. Heliolisk (Frogadier)

Ash vs. Valerie
Fletchinder vs. Mr. Mime (Fletchinder is recalled)
Skiddo vs. Mr. Mime (Skiddo)
Skiddo vs. Mawile (Mawile)
Fletchinder vs. Mawile (Fletchinder and recalled)
Frogadier vs. Sylveon (Sylveon)
Fletchinder vs. Sylveon (Fletchinder)

Ash vs. Olympia
Pikachu vs. Slowking (Pikachu)
Pikachu vs. Sigilyph (Sigilyph)
Bergmite vs. Sigilyph (Bergmite)
Bergmite vs. Meowstic (Meowstic)
Hawlucha vs. Meowstic (Hawlucha)

Ash vs. Wulfric
Talonflame vs. Abomasnow (Abomasnow)
Mawile vs. Abomasnow (Mawile and recalled)
Pikachu vs. Cryogonal (Pikachu)
Pikachu vs. Avalugg (Avalugg)
Mawile vs. Avalugg (Mawile)

This is all based off of my own personal predictions for Ash's team, so obviously this can have a lot of variation depending on what one sees him getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.