• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming gym battles thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanpycross

God-king
Ash vs Korrina:

Phantump vs machoke (forsight, Phantump).

Phantump vs mienfoo (mienfoo).

Froakie vs Mienfoo (tie).

Fletchinger vs Hawlucha (Fletchinger).

Rohanator

Nice one but I doubt that Lucario will mega evolve during the gym battle. This would make Satoshi harder to beat and win a badge.

The point is that Korrina wouldn't use it until Ash demands for it but he'd get destroyed and realize he can't defeat a Mega just yet so he'll play by the Gym's rules in a rematch. Probably not gonna happen but it'd be cool.

zhixun

The point is that Korrina wouldn't use it until Ash demands for it but he'd get destroyed and realize he can't defeat a Mega just yet so he'll play by the Gym's rules in a rematch. Probably not gonna happen but it'd be cool.

The point is that the gym leader and the referee must state clearly at the beginning whether they are allowed to use mega evolution. Otherwise I think Corni will push Satoshi harder to make this badge more worthwhile.

jrizza88

Meteorite
http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/85467647761/an-alternate-ending-to-ashs-battle-with-korrina

If anyone's interested I drew a quick comic of what could be a cool outcome of Ash vs Korrina, development wise for Ash.

I think it is pretty cool, I just don't like the idea of Pikachu waking up in the pokemon center because I feel that mega evolution is not more powerful than the beating pikachu got from say tieing with Latios. Or at least Pikachu losing with one shot from a Mega. I mean it is a cool scenario to see Pikachu maybe beat a Mega evolution pokemon in the future though. Long story short, no offense to your scenario, I think you did a great job with it, i Just have my own issues if the anime makes mega evolutions that extra powerful.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Very well made comic, and the dialogue seems fitting to the characters. But I also agree, the scenario seems way intense. I figure the writers wouldn't go too far to make it just as awesome as your comic. :p

jrizza88

Meteorite
Very well made comic, and the dialogue seems fitting to the characters. But I also agree, the scenario seems way intense. I figure the writers wouldn't go too far to make it just as awesome as your comic. :p

Yea, this is a better way putting what I was trying to say. This person should re do some of the other gym battles we've seen, like roxie's with a proper 6 vs 6 :) or Ash vs trip 6 vs 6 post league, and the last gym battle :)

zhixun

I just hope that Citron and Satoshi battle will result a double KO. This happened before in DP for Bouysel and Lucario.

fitzy909

Just another guy

We all want it, but sadly we won't get it. i doubt we will get something like this, but it would be nice.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Personally, I'm really on the fence for Korrina. Ash will have a Fletchinder and a new Hawlucha at that point. Yet, in one of the upcoming episodes, he's battling her (Mega) Lucario with Pikachu.. I think that means Mega Lucario is a definite for the Gym Match, whatever everybody here is saying. That being said, should Pikachu be shoehorned into that 'rematch' as well? Personally, I'd love for Froakie, Hawlucha and Fletchinder to be the ones to take that gym.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I was bored so I decided to go ahead and calculate Ash's win percentage on the first try for Gyms of different types (only official Gym Battles are counted)
Bug (2/3): 66.7%
Bugsy-Win
Burgh-Win
Viola-Loss

Dark: Not Available

Dragon (0/1): 0%
Clair-No Contest

Electric (2/4): 50%
Lt. Surge-Loss
Wattson-Win
Volkner-No Contest
Elesa-Win

Fairy: Not Available

Fighting (2/4): 50%
Chuck-Win
Brawly-Loss
Maylene-Tie
Korrina-Win

Fire (2/3): 66.7%
Blaine-Loss
Flannery-Win
Chili-Win

Flying (3/3): 100%
Falkner-Win
Winona-Win
Skyla-Win

Ghost (2/2): 100%
Morty-Win
Fantina-Win

Grass (2/3): 66.7%
Erika-No Contest
Gardenia-Win
Cilan-Win

Ground (2/2): 100%
Team Rocket-Win
Clay-Win

Ice (3/3): 100%
Pyrce-Forfeit Win
Candice-Win
Brycen-Win

Normal (1/3): 33.3%
Whitney-Loss
Norman-Win
Lenora-Loss

Poison (1/2): 50%
Koga-No Contest
Roxie-Win

Psychic (1/2): 50%
Sabrina-Loss
Tate and Liza-Win (Technically one could argue that TRio interruption made it a No Contest but they agreed to CONTINUE the battle not have another one)

Rock (2/4): 50%
Brock-Loss
Roxanne-Win
Roark-Loss
Grant-Win

Steel (2/2): 100%
Jasmine-Win
Byron-Win

Water (2/4): 50%
Misty-No Contest
Juan-Win
Crasher Wake-Win
Cress-Loss

Ash's remaining Kalos Gym battles are Korrina (Fighting), Ramos (Grass), Clemont (Electric), Valerie (Fairy), Olympia (Psychic) and Wulfric (Ice)
If you're one to believe all this patterns mumbo jumbo, a safe bet for Ash's 1st time gym loses (I'm going to say he racks up 3 more) are Valerie as Fairy is a complete new wild card and Korrina (Ash seems to have a poor record against Fighting type gyms).

Last edited:

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran
I can see Ash losing to Korrina the first go around with Pikachu being the last one defeated. Ash comes back in 5-8 episodes with Hawlucha and having Hawlucha star against Korrina.

Ramos will be defeated the first go around with Fletchinder as the star.

Clemont will be defeated the first go around with Pikachu starring.

Valerie will be defeated the second go around with Hawlucha starring with Fletchinder being underrated during the battle

Olympia being defeated the first time around with Frogadier starring

Wulfric being defeated the Third time around. 1st time interrupted by TRio, 2nd time the rematch Ash loses with Talonflame starring the whole trio of battles.

Rohanator

I think it is pretty cool, I just don't like the idea of Pikachu waking up in the pokemon center because I feel that mega evolution is not more powerful than the beating pikachu got from say tieing with Latios. Or at least Pikachu losing with one shot from a Mega. I mean it is a cool scenario to see Pikachu maybe beat a Mega evolution pokemon in the future though. Long story short, no offense to your scenario, I think you did a great job with it, i Just have my own issues if the anime makes mega evolutions that extra powerful.

No offence taken haha, I guess I went overboard with it cause it was just more fun to draw that way.

Anyway I wonder what's going to be special about Korrina's gym, like Grant said. What ever it is the new Fletchinder and Hawlucha better play a major part (assuming both happen before the gym battle).

nickdt

I have a gut feeling that Pikachu wil have a loss against Mega Lucario and Ash final pokemon is Fletchling. To be able to beat the Mega Pokemon, Fletchling is forced to evolve into Fletchinder. Also i think they have not only the badge on the stake, but also a Mega Ring. Thats why Korrina uses Mega Lucario, so she can test Ash if he is ready to use a Mega Pokemon. This all because Gurkinn sees the potential of Ash to be the Champion of the World.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Korrina:

Froakie vs Meinfoo-Froakie
Froakie vs Machoke-Machoke
Fletchinder vs Machoke-Fletchinder(recalled)
Pikachu vs Lucario-Lucario
Fletchinder vs Mega Lucario-Fletchinder

Idk about Hawlucha. I have a feeling that since Ash is getting Hawlucha, they might just replace Korrina's Hawlucha with Lucario.

Arrow-Jolteon

Electric Trainer
http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/85467647761/an-alternate-ending-to-ashs-battle-with-korrina

If anyone's interested I drew a quick comic of what could be a cool outcome of Ash vs Korrina, development wise for Ash.

Wow, you did a pretty awesome job with this, congratulations. I do think something like this is possible, but I doubt it'd be this intense, considering the anime only pushes the envelope once every blue moon.

My own prediction is less of a prediction and more of a personal hope:

-Mienfoo vs. Froakie: Froakie wins
-Machoke vs. Froakie: Froakie is switched out for Hawlucha
-Machoke vs. Hawlucha: Hawlucha wins
-Lucario vs. Hawlucha: Lucario wins
-Lucario vs. Froakie: Lucario wins
-Lucario vs. Fletchinder: Fletchinder wins

Yeah, I want Pikachu to be left out of this one :p Also, no Mega Lucario yet, though if/when Ash gets a Key Stone and a Charizardite or Heracrossite, there definitely should be a Mega vs. Mega battle between Ash and Korrina in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.