• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming gym battles thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno792

Food Wars
I was bored so I decided to go ahead and calculate Ash's win percentage on the first try for Gyms of different types (only official Gym Battles are counted)

Water (2/4): 50%
Misty-No Contest
Juan-Win
Crasher Wake-Win
Cress-Loss

Ash's remaining Kalos Gym battles are Korrina (Fighting), Ramos (Grass), Clemont (Electric), Valerie (Fairy), Olympia (Psychic) and Wulfric (Ice)
If you're one to believe all this patterns mumbo jumbo, a safe bet for Ash's 1st time gym loses (I'm going to say he racks up 3 more) are Valerie as Fairy is a complete new wild card and Korrina (Ash seems to have a poor record against Fighting type gyms).

Actually, Ash and Misty never finished the battle, and if they would have finished it, Ash would have won using his Pidgeotto.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Actually, Ash and Misty never finished the battle, and if they would have finished it, Ash would have won using his Pidgeotto.
Which is why it says No Contest

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
So, it shouldn't be counted as a loss. It decreases his win percentage.

No. The battle was interrupted. Therefore it is a No Contest. Regardless of the result (barring that battled be deemed as an Ash Win) the first time win percentage would still be 50%

Inferno792

Food Wars
No. The battle was interrupted. Therefore it is a No Contest. Regardless of the result (barring that battled be deemed as an Ash Win) the first time win percentage would still be 50%

It should go in Ash's favor if the battle was called off and Ash was given the badge, or the battle shouldn't even be included.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
It should go in Ash's favor if the battle was called off and Ash was given the badge, or the battle shouldn't even be included.
No it shouldn't. He was given the badge but the battle was never concluded hence it is a No Contest

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
So, why have you counted it as a loss?
I counted it as a No Contest. A No Contest is not a win therefore it will not count as a first battle win for Ash. Same reason draws don't count towards the wins either despite Ash not losing.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
-Mienfoo vs. Froakie: Froakie wins
-Machoke vs. Froakie: Froakie is switched out for Hawlucha
-Machoke vs. Hawlucha: Hawlucha wins
-Lucario vs. Hawlucha: Lucario wins
-Lucario vs. Froakie: Lucario wins
-Lucario vs. Fletchinder: Fletchinder wins

I like this scenario, but I have a feeling that Ash will use Pikachu so that he can settle the score with Lucario, who I feel will replace Hawlucha on Korrina's team.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Froakie will most likely be used seeing as it's facing Lucario in the new opening. I can't see Ash not using his new capture in Hawlucha. And if Fletchling evolves before the gym battle then it'd be in character for him to have Pikachu sit this one out in order to test Fletchinder's newly gained power

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Froakie will most likely be used seeing as it's facing Lucario in the new opening. I can't see Ash not using his new capture in Hawlucha. And if Fletchling evolves before the gym battle then it'd be in character for him to have Pikachu sit this one out in order to test Fletchinder's newly gained power

I believe that Froakie will be used, but don't be so sure about something in the opening, because Buizel never battled Darkrai in the Sinnoh League and there wasn't an Entei there at all..

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Korrina:

Froakie vs Meinfoo-Froakie
Froakie vs Machoke-Machoke
Fletchinder vs Machoke-Fletchinder(recalled)
Pikachu vs Lucario-Lucario
Fletchinder vs Mega Lucario-Fletchinder

Idk about Hawlucha. I have a feeling that since Ash is getting Hawlucha, they might just replace Korrina's Hawlucha with Lucario.

zhixun

Korrina:

Froakie vs Meinfoo-Froakie
Froakie vs Machoke-Machoke
Fletchinder vs Machoke-Fletchinder(recalled)
Pikachu vs Lucario-Lucario
Fletchinder vs Mega Lucario-Fletchinder

Idk about Hawlucha. I have a feeling that since Ash is getting Hawlucha, they might just replace Korrina's Hawlucha with Lucario.

I remember you said that you would like Pikachu to take a rest in this gym battle. So Luchabull can replace Pikachu here and I prefer Luchabull to knock out Lucario rather than Hinoyakoma.

phanpycross

God-king
Okay, so the gyms, by which pokemon I would like to star.

Viola: pikachu.
Grant: pikachu.
Korrina: froakie.
Ramos: Phantump.
Clemont: Hawlucha.
Valerie: Fletchinger.
Olympia: Froakie, frogadier.
Wulfric: bergmite.

I would say thats overall pretty fair.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I remember you said that you would like Pikachu to take a rest in this gym battle. So Luchabull can replace Pikachu here and I prefer Luchabull to knock out Lucario rather than Hinoyakoma.

That's not gonna happen. That battle with Korrina pretty much confirmed that Ash is gonna wanna battle it again with Pikachu. Hopefully Pikachu won't star again but him not being used isn't gonna happen.

NatsuLian

Korrina:
Hawlucha VS Machoke, Hawlucha wins
Froakie VS Mienfoo, Froakie wins
Hawlucha VS Lucario, Lucario wins
Froakie VS M-Lucario, Froakie wins

Ramos:
Fletchinder VS Weepinbell, Fletchinder wins
Fletchinder VS Jumpluff, Fletchinder get's recalled
Hawlucha VS Jumpluff, Hawlucha wins
Fletchinder VS Gogoat, Talonflame wins (Fletchinder evolves)

zhixun

Korrina:

Ramos:

I doubt that Hinoyakoma will evolve that early since it is now still a Yayakoma. I would say it will evolve much later than that in my opinion.

Korrina:

Why is Ash only using two Pokemon while Korrina is using three? Also, it's a Fighting-type gym, so Fletchlinder should get some sort of involvement. It didn't do too well in the first two gyms (although I understand Ash's logic VS Grant) and needs some good battles here. I'd prefer something more like this:

Pikachu VS Mienfoo (Pikachu)
Pikachu VS Machoke (Machoke)
Fletchlinder VS Machoke (Fletchlinder)
Fletchlinder VS Lucario (Lucario)
Hawlucha VS Lucario (Hawlucha)

I don't see Korrina wielding Mega Evolution against Ash as it would be extremely unfair. Ash couldn't beat Lucario when it wasn't mega evolved, so I don't see him miraculously beating it when it does evolve.

Ramos:

Again, why is Ash using two Pokemon against's Ramos' three? After we had three mid-gym battle evolutions in BW, I'd prefer to not see those for a while, if ever again. Fletchlinder deserves its own evolution episode dedicated solely to it, not just thrown into a gym battle. What I can see:

Hawlucha VS Weepinbell (Hawlucha, recalled)
Froakie/Frogadier VS Jumpluff (Froakie/Frogadier)
Froakie/Frogadier VS Gogoat (Gogoat)
Hawlucha VS Gogoat (Gogoat)
Fletchlinder VS Gogoat (Fletchlinder)

And then we'd have two different kinds of gym battles: Gogoat gets some praise by taking out two Pokemon and Lucario sharing the spotlight with Machoke VS Korrina. I don't think Froakie will evolve by the time they get to the Coumarine City gym battle, but I have it there just in case.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Korrina:

Ramos:

Do you really think that Ash will storm through two gyms using only two Pokemon each time? It's pretty much a given that at least one of the birds will battle against Korrina, but there will most likely be two other team members participating as well (one most likely being Pikachu)..

Against Ramos, I think that the two birds and a grass capture will be used, giving Pikachu a rest before his big Lumiose battle..

Status
Not open for further replies.