• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming gym battles thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

I find it humorous how the so called "flop" has had more shining moments and development than Hawlucha, who's praised endlessly purely for being a libre-bird..

When Fletchinder starts lacking behind Frogadier, then I'll pay attention to the ridiculous rambling, but so far they are on par with each other in terms of gym victories and Fletchinder is a boss.. Something that can't be said for Hawlucha, or at the moment, even Sliggoo..

People are probably calling Fletchinder a flop because they just don't like it and can't stand the fact that the regional bird Is also Ash's fire type for the region because it probably throws a kink into their predictions.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Right now I'd probably rate the XY Team as: Pikachu>>Frogadier>=Fletchinder>Hawlucha=Sliggoo
So how Fletchinder is a "flop" is beyond me. Granted the personality thing you may have a point, though IMO it has shown moments of personality in its appearances just that its appearances outside of battles have been limited compared to the other 4 and even then its personality is more subdued (not that I consider that a bad thing) than the others.
Moveset criticism? Please. Fletchinder probably has the best moveset on the cast barring Frogadier.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
If Talonflame is not useful in future gyms even with resisting fairy types and having a move advantage against them and a type advantage against ice types,than Hawlucha himself would be even less useful in the next few gyms.

While I don't expect Hawlucha to be used in place of Talonflame, I don't think type advantages/disadvantages/resistance would really change much.

ShadowForce720

If you think me or my good sis Americanxdream are jacking Lorde's gay talk style, you've clearly never read any pop/R&B culture forum.

And still, you're taking it personal hun. I'm only talking about Fletchinder being a failure at everything based on actual evidence from the anime. So wherre's the lie? :confused:

That's your opinion don't just go acting like it's fact because going by that logic that would make Frogadier, Hawlucha, and Sliggoo failures to and the fact that you think Fletchinder is a failure is laughable when you consider the fact that Fletchinder has almost the exact same record has Frogadier in terms of battle and is Ash's only bird that a victory in a gym battle in it's basic stage.

My predictions for the future gym battles:
Ash Vs Valarie(I can actually see two scenarios here)
Fletchinder vs Mawlile- Fletchinder
Flethcinder vs Sylveon- Sylveon
Frogadier vs Sylveon- Frogadier
Frogadier vs Spritzee- Spritzee
Pikachu vs Spritzee-Pikachu

or
Fletchinder vs Mawlile- Flethcinder
Pikachu vs Sylveon- Sylveon( They will do this to hype up Sylveon)
Frogadier vs Sylveon- Frogadier(Since it lost to Sylveon last time)
Frogadier vs Spritzee-Spritzee
Fletchinder vs Spritzee-Flethcinder

Olympia(Again two scenarios)
Pikachu/Flethcinder vs Meowstic Duo(If they want to mimic AG again)

or
Frogadier/Hawlucha vs Meowstic Duo

Akashin

This whole "flop" situation is so out of hand. Stop the hate toward the birds.

This. Calling anything a 'flop' only halfway (if that) through their run on Ash's team is premature at best and idiotic at worst.

Unless 'flop' is being used interchangably with 'I don't like this Pokemon' as I somewhat suspect it is to a certain extent, in which case it's just idiotic.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
This. Calling anything a 'flop' only halfway (if that) through their run on Ash's team is premature at best and idiotic at worst.

Unless 'flop' is being used interchangably with 'I don't like this Pokemon' as I somewhat suspect it is to a certain extent, in which case it's just idiotic.
Seeing as how so many words have been so badly misconstrued on this forum (DEM, etc...) its no surprise flop joins the list as well.

phanpycross

God-king
Just wondering was the flop thing always used on the forum?Or is it something more recent?

iirc, it's more of a recent thing, antil a couple of derps started using it to get attention.

Anyways, Im still wondering why they changed Valerie's main pokemon to spritzee of all things, Im hoping so the final matchup can be an aerial duel between Spritzee and noibatFletchinder.

Captain America X

iirc, it's more of a recent thing, antil a couple of derps started using it to get attention.

Anyways, Im still wondering why they changed Valerie's main pokemon to spritzee of all things, Im hoping so the final matchup can be an aerial duel between Spritzee and noibatFletchinder.
Oh so it is a recent thing.Flop just seems to be another way of saying " I really dislike this pokemon,so no matter how much it achieves or eventhough it's one of the stronger pokemon in the group I will constantly pick on it's only flaw and constantly put down it's achievements"

I'm seeing 3 possible scenarios with the Spritzee.

1) Elesa 2.0,but better handled hopefully with Spritzee vs Fletchinder
2)Spritzee evolves in the gym battle and Ash beats it
3)Spritzee evolves in the gym battle and Ash loses,and having a rematch.And then later on Aromatisse vs Talonflame(who evolves before or during the match)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Oh so it is a recent thing.Flop just seems to be another way of saying " I really dislike this pokemon,so no matter how much it achieves or eventhough it's one of the stronger pokemon in the group I will constantly pick on it's only flaw and constantly put down it's achievements"

I'm seeing 3 possible scenarios with the Spritzee.

1) Elesa 2.0,but better handled hopefully with Spritzee vs Fletchinder
2)Spritzee evolves in the gym battle and Ash beats it
3)Spritzee evolves in the gym battle and Ash loses,and having a rematch.And then later on Aromatisse vs Talonflame(who evolves before or during the match)

It's not that recent, people have spoken about Flopitoad back in the beginning of BW.

As for Valerie, I'm hoping they pile on the Kalos Fairy-types. There's no need for Ash to fight Mawile or Mr.Mime, especially when the next gym focuses on the Psychic-type. So, I'm at least hoping that Mr.Mime is out in favor of Spritzee. So. Give me Spritzee, Sylveon, and.. Either Carbink, Florges, Slurpuff or Klefki as the third. All in all, I still feel as if it had been better if Grant had Carbink and Tyrunt as his team. Fletchling could've taken Carbink, while Froakie could've gotten Tyrunt.

Lorde

Tbh, I'd rather see Valerie's Spritzee beat Ash even before evolving and it being an Aromatisse during the rematch only.

jrizza88

Meteorite
As for Valerie, I'm hoping they pile on the Kalos Fairy-types. There's no need for Ash to fight Mawile or Mr.Mime, especially when the next gym focuses on the Psychic-type. So, I'm at least hoping that Mr.Mime is out in favor of Spritzee. So. Give me Spritzee, Sylveon, and.. Either Carbink, Florges, Slurpuff or Klefki as the third. All in all, I still feel as if it had been better if Grant had Carbink and Tyrunt as his team. Fletchling could've taken Carbink, while Froakie could've gotten Tyrunt.

All of this. It would have been great to have made the 2nd gym a true 2 vs 2 instead of this 3 vs 2 thing. There are so many exclusive Kalos fairy types that it would be an injustice to have to old generation fairies participate. I think it is safe to say that Slyveon, Spritzee/Aromatisse and a 3rd kalos mon will battle.

Tbh, I'd rather see Valerie's Spritzee beat Ash even before evolving and it being an Aromatisse during the rematch only.

yeah I think it would be a better shock element.

Lorde

I think it is safe to say that Slyveon, Spritzee/Aromatisse and a 3rd kalos mon will battle.

Tbh I hope her third Pokemon is Mr. Mime since I've wanted to see another one battle for a long time; I'm done with Delia's Mr. Mime representing the species.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Please stop giving Pokémon stupid nicknames or referring to them as 'flops' or some other nonsensical term. Pokémon names are neither unbearably long nor hard to spell. It can be expected that you do it properly.

Last edited:
Prediction for Wulfric:
Talonflame vs Abomasnow-Talonflame
Greninja vs Cryoganal-Cryoganal
Talonflame vs Cryogonal-Talonflame
Hawlcuhavs Avalugg-Avalugg
Talonflame vs Avalugg-Talonflame

Captain America X

Prediction for Wulfric:
Talonflame vs Abomasnow-Talonflame
Greninja vs Cryoganal-Cryoganal
Talonflame vs Cryogonal-Talonflame
Hawlcuhavs Avalugg-Avalugg
Talonflame vs Avalugg-Talonflame

I doubt their gonna screw Greninja their best cash cow,in favor of Talonflame.And it getting 3 wins in a gym is impossible.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I think, that Greninja will be the main star of the pokemon this series (besides Pikachu), so I assume that Greninja will star for the 8th gym and the league. With Greninja's insane popularity, I expect Frogadier to evolve around gym 7 or 8. I personally want it to happen on a rematch against wulfric.

Captain America X

It's not impossible for one of Ash's pokemon to get 3 wins in a gym battle It's unlikely but not impossible.

Sure it's possible if this was Pikachu,or a starter or another highly marketable pokemon like Lucario.I highly doubt their gonna screw over one of their most popular pokemon like Greninja and let someone else take 3 wins.For example do you think it would be possible for there to be a gym battle with Charizard and two other pokemon( that are not starters or Pikachu),and lose badly without even getting a single win

ShadowForce720

Sure it's possible if this was Pikachu,or a starter or another highly marketable pokemon like Lucario.I highly doubt their gonna screw over one of their most popular pokemon like Greninja and let someone else take 3 wins.For example do you think it would be possible for there to be a gym battle with Charizard and two other pokemon( that are not starters or Pikachu),and lose badly without even getting a single win

The main thing though is that Pikachu started in the first 3 gyms and Greninja will possibly star in the 7th gym so I don't see as unlikely for a different pokemon to star in the 8th gym especially if he got a Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash to where his team for the 8th gym battle could be Talonflame,Hawlucha, and Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash.

Status
Not open for further replies.