• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming gym battles thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain America X

The main thing though is that Pikachu started in the first 3 gyms and Greninja will possibly star in the 7th gym so I don't see as unlikely for a different pokemon to star in the 8th gym especially if he got a Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash to where his team for the 8th gym battle could be Talonflame,Hawlucha, and Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash.

Just because Pikachu has starred in 3 gyms and Greninja might have starred in 2(alongside another pokemon in the 7th) by then doesn't reduce it's chances of starring in the final gym.In Hoenn Pikachu starred in 4 gyms and in Sinnoh Infernape starred in 3 gyms.

Not only that why would the writers not put their two biggest cash cows in the final gym when they have constantly done so before.That would be like Infernape and Pikachu not taking part in the 8th Sinnoh gym and Pikachu and Charizard not taking part in the Johto gym.Their definitely not gonna ignore them for the strongest gym battle.

ShadowForce720

Does anyone here think that they might give the 8th gym leader Wulfric a keystone and mega stone to Mega Evolve his Abomasnow despite not having a mega stone in the games to make it more of a challenge since it is the 8th gym?

LizardonX

Banned
It's not impossible but gym battle are suppose to show ash's pokemons growth, what's the point of it if all the wins are gonna get hogged by one pokemon.

To show extra growth for that one pokemon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think, that Greninja will be the main star of the pokemon this series (besides Pikachu), so I assume that Greninja will star for the 8th gym and the league. With Greninja's insane popularity, I expect Frogadier to evolve around gym 7 or 8. I personally want it to happen on a rematch against wulfric.

He'll never out-do Pikachu's popularity though, and I doubt he'll star against Wulfric when the writers may have more incentive to have Pikachu star again.

Captain America X

What gym will he star in then?

The 6th gym or 7th gym are probably his best chances.The 6th since the leader's main there is capable of aerial battles and the 7th since it's most likely going to be a double battle so two pokemon will have starring roles there.

Or he might not star at all like Staraptor did.

The 6th gym or 7th gym are probably his best chances.The 6th since the leader's main there is capable of aerial battles and the 7th since it's most likely going to be a double battle so two pokemon will have starring roles there.

Or he might not star at all like Staraptor did.
I'm talking about Greninja which is what Lorde mentioned.

Captain America X

I'm talking about Greninja which is what Lorde mentioned.

Oh, he is most likely going to star in the 7th or 8th, or 7th and 8th.I'm going with the 8th only since in terms of popularity and marketability,Greninja is one of the best in Kalos just like Charizard and Infernape were.So if Ash were to get a Greninja by the 8th gym than he is most likely going to star there.Although since the 7th is a double battle,it starring alongside Hawlucha is also quite possible.

He'll never out-do Pikachu's popularity though, and I doubt he'll star against Wulfric when the writers may have more incentive to have Pikachu star again.

You mean like how CHarizard and Infernape never out did Pikachu's popularity and never starred in the final gym in Johto and Sinnoh?Greninja's popularity is equal and probably greater than that of Infernape's so why does it seem unlikely that he would star in the 8th?It's probably 50-50 at this point between Pikachu or the potential Greninja.

Well I'm just saying that if hypothetically Greninja doesn't star in the 6th or 7th gym battle then what will happen as it is a starter and it looks as if Pikachu will star against the final leader with the way XY is going.

Captain America X

Well I'm just saying that if hypothetically Greninja doesn't star in the 6th or 7th gym battle then what will happen as it is a starter and it looks as if Pikachu will star against the final leader with the way XY is going.

Than he will get the league because if Greninja doesn't do any thing major in the anime it will probably be the first time the writers decided to not overuse an extremely popular and marketable pokemon.Anway the chances of the only starter and potential regional powerhouse not being the star in more than 1 gym is pretty small considering that starters(all together or alone) usually star in more than one gym.

Also I don't see how Pikachu is going to star against the final gym leader based on what he has done so far.

Than he will get the league because if Greninja doesn't do any thing major in the anime it will probably be the first time the writers decided to not overuse an extremely popular and marketable pokemon.Anway the chances of the only starter and potential regional powerhouse not being the star in more than 1 gym is pretty small considering that starters(all together or alone) usually star in more than one gym.

Also I don't see how Pikachu is going to star against the final gym leader based on what he has done so far.
Well yeah I'm just worried about how Greninja is going to turn out(cause Pika has been stealing the glory so far) because he's my favourite Pokemon of Ash's yet.

Captain America X

Well yeah I'm just worried about how Greninja is going to turn out(cause Pika has been stealing the glory so far) because he's my favourite Pokemon of Ash's yet.

Nah Greninja is safe,alongside it's starter status it also has the advantage if being one of the most(if not the most) popular and marketable pokemon in XY.It's Ash's other pokemon that would have problems.

Nah Greninja is safe,alongside it's starter status it also has the advantage if being one of the most(if not the most) popular and marketable pokemon in XY.It's Ash's other pokemon that would have problems.
Let's just hope that Flethcinder gets at least one starring role in either the 6th or 7th gym since I don't care about his other Pokémon as they are way too hyped and yet they lose battle over battle(Hawlcuha).

Last edited:

Captain America X

Let's just hope that Flethcinder gets at least one starring role in either the 6th or 7th gym since I don't care about his other Pokémon as they are way too hyped and yet they lose battle over battle(Hawlcuha).
That's only like 1 pokemon and even then Hawlucha has only lost 2/3 battles it has taken part in though nor did it have any hype in each of his battles.And both were loses that were logical since he lost the first battle in an aerial battle where he can't even fly and the second because of being poisoned and having no advantage in terms of typing and moves.And in the battle against Weepinbell it lasted longer than Fletchinder did and took way more damage in the battle than Fletchinder 2 Slams,1 Razor Leaf,1 Grass Knot ,Recoil Damage from HJK and being poisoned longer while Fletchinder took 1 Slam,! Razor Leaf and a shorter time being poisoned.

jrizza88

Meteorite
That's only like 1 pokemon and even then Hawlucha has only lost 2/3 battles it has taken part in though nor did it have any hype in each of his battles.And both were loses that were logical since he lost the first battle in an aerial battle where he can't even fly and the second because of being poisoned and having no advantage in terms of typing and moves.And in the battle against Weepinbell it lasted longer than Fletchinder did and took way more damage in the battle than Fletchinder 2 Slams,1 Razor Leaf,1 Grass Knot ,Recoil Damage from HJK and being poisoned longer while Fletchinder took 1 Slam,! Razor Leaf and a shorter time being poisoned.

I feel like the person above trolls Hawlucha and shouldn't even bother being responded to since every single post seems to be about shading hawlucha. smh

But getting back to what you said, it makes perfect since why/how it lost to Weepinbell. I think there will be training in the future where Ash teaches Hawlucha more useful moves.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
You mean like how CHarizard and Infernape never out did Pikachu's popularity and never starred in the final gym in Johto and Sinnoh?Greninja's popularity is equal and probably greater than that of Infernape's so why does it seem unlikely that he would star in the 8th?It's probably 50-50 at this point between Pikachu or the potential Greninja.

We don't know for sure if Ash'll even have Greninja, much less if he'd be used against Wulfric and star as well. At least Pikachu's track record in XY can be used to infer that his chances of starring are higher.

ShadowForce720

We don't know for sure if Ash'll even have Greninja, much less if he'd be used against Wulfric and star as well. At least Pikachu's track record in XY can be used to infer that his chances of starring are higher.

Pikachu's chances of starring because of his track record would actually be lower not higher. Also the only reason he started in the first 3 gyms is because he was the strongest pokemon Ash had at the time.

I think that after Ash gets his 5th gym badge I think judging from the distance between the 5th and 6th gyms I think it will take Ash around 8 episodes to get to the city where the 6th gym so that would be around episode 75.

phanpycross

God-king
Pikachu's chances of starring because of his track record would actually be lower not higher. Also the only reason he started in the first 3 gyms is because he was the strongest pokemon Ash had at the time.

I think that after Ash gets his 5th gym badge I think judging from the distance between the 5th and 6th gyms I think it will take Ash around 8 episodes to get to the city where the 6th gym so that would be around episode 75.

That sounds really quick given XY's current pacing IMO, and personally, I kinda want Ash to have at least one team change before the gym ,not that it is needed by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.