• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming gym battles thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Whatever his next capture is should star instead imho. As long as Fletchinder and Pikachu don't have that honor, idc.

Why not Fletchinder, just out of curiosity? It's got a good deal of battles so far, but nothing super-noteworthy since besting Talonflame. I mean, its wins against Machoke and Jumpluff were still good, but I don't see why it shouldn't star against Valerie. It depends on Ash's sixth too, if it's Phantump then I'd say wait and have it star against Olympia with Hawlucha, but if it's Honedge or even Bergmite, then maybe give it the chance to star against Valerie.

ShadowForce720

Why not Fletchinder, just out of curiosity? It's got a good deal of battles so far, but nothing super-noteworthy since besting Talonflame. I mean, its wins against Machoke and Jumpluff were still good, but I don't see why it shouldn't star against Valerie. It depends on Ash's sixth too, if it's Phantump then I'd say wait and have it star against Olympia with Hawlucha, but if it's Honedge or even Bergmite, then maybe give it the chance to star against Valerie.

I'm pretty sure that in the 7th gym battle Ash will use Frogadier/Greninja and probably a new final capture since I'm pretty sure that there going to want to have the new 5th capture be used in the 6th gym battle while the new 6th capture gets used in the 7th gym battle alongside Frogadier/Greninja. Also considering not only is Hawlucha weak to Psychic type moves it's own moves that it currently has don't even do normal damage against Pyschic type pokemon. I also really don't see why Frogadier/Greninja wouldn't be used here since if it evolves it would be a really good time to show off Night Slash while the pokemon fighting alongside it would be the new 6th capture. So if Ash were to get a Phantump it would probably be his new 6th capture and be used in the 7th gym battle while the new 5th capture it used in the 6th gym battle since I don't really see Hawlucha and Frogadier participating in the 6th gym battle.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

He already has enough victories as it is imo, and I don't think he needs to slay Valerie's Gym just to add to his over-inflated win ratio is all. :x

Sidagam

He already has enough victories as it is imo, and I don't think he needs to slay Valerie's Gym just to add to his over-inflated win ratio is all. :x

Translation - Lorde doesn't like Fletchinder.

It has 4 wins and 5 losses. Do explain how that win ratio is "over-inflated"?

Also who said anything about slaying the gym? It needs a minimum of the final win to star. Just because some of us want it to star doesn't mean it'll hog all the wins to itself.

phanpycross

God-king
While part of me does wonder if the random change from Sylveon to spritzee as Valerie's main mon was done to give Fletchinder a flying opponent, I could also see this being like fantina, at which point Id rather Ash's gourgeist star in the gym.

Torpoleon

He has the same amount of gym wins as Frogadier though. Also, what if Fletchinder isn't used against Olympia and completely bombs against Wulfric? Fletchinder getting 2 wins, Frogadier getting one win and Pikachu being the fall guy would be the most ideal situation for me right now (I would love to see Pikachu be the fall guy in a Kalos gym and this is probably the best one to do it). That could change depending on if Ash gets a new Pokémon before the gym, which I kind of hope doesn't happen.

In any case, it's hard to believe that there's only 3 gyms left. I hope the gyms are a little more spaced out now. Right now they are a little bit too close together for my liking. As much as I want to know what Ash does against Valerie, I want that gym battle to not happen until the XY080's.

ShadowForce720

He has the same amount of gym wins as Frogadier though. Also, what if Fletchinder isn't used against Olympia and completely bombs against Wulfric? Fletchinder getting 2 wins, Frogadier getting one win and Pikachu being the fall guy would be the most ideal situation for me right now (I would love to see Pikachu be the fall guy in a Kalos gym and this is probably the best one to do it). That could change depending on if Ash gets a new Pokémon before the gym, which I kind of hope doesn't happen.
In any case, it's hard to believe that there's only 3 gyms left. I hope the gyms are a little more spaced out now. Right now they are a little bit too close together for my liking. As much as I want to know what Ash does against Valerie, I want that gym battle to not happen until the XY080's.

You do realize that if Ash doesn't get a new capture before the 6th gym then that means his final capture will be pushed back until before the 8th gym. So it would just create the exact problem people had with Ash's Snowrunt and Gible which was that although they were good but they were caught extremely late in which case both were caught before the 8th gym. So in other words people would just be complaining again saying that he should have caught it sooner. Which the only way to really insure that the 2 new captures both get enough time to get development is to have one be caught before the 6th gym while the other one is caught before the 7th gym.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos

I kind of agree, actually.

Especially since Valerie's Gym is the first of its kind. It'd be kinda lame if she gets styled on like Clemont.

Torpoleon

You do realize that if Ash doesn't get a new capture before the 6th gym then that means his final capture will be pushed back until before the 8th gym. So it would just create the exact problem people had with Ash's Snowrunt and Gible which was that although they were good but they were caught extremely late in which case both were caught before the 8th gym. So in other words people would just be complaining again saying that he should have caught it sooner. Which the only way to really insure that the 2 new captures both get enough time to get development is to have one be caught before the 6th gym while the other one is caught before the 7th gym.
What if Goodra permanently comes back to his team when the league starts (kind of similar to Gliscor)? Then he'd only need to catch one more Pokémon, which could be done between the 6th and 7th gyms. Would be weird for Ash to not have a full team on hand until the league, but at least that opens the door for one of his older Pokémon to temporarily rejoin his party to Mega Evolve, without Oaking one of his Kalos Pokémon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
aka it's massive win ratio that doesn't exist

It is big though in my view compared to his avian predecessors' win ratios during the same time period of their respective sagas at least. Fletchinder's doing good, so he can sit out at the Laverre Gym imo.

ShadowForce720

What if Goodra permanently comes back to his team when the league starts (kind of similar to Gliscor)? Then he'd only need to catch one more Pokémon, which could be done between the 6th and 7th gyms. Would be weird for Ash to not have a full team on hand until the league, but at least that opens the door for one of his older Pokémon to temporarily rejoin his party to Mega Evolve, without Oaking one of his Kalos Pokémon.

Since you brought up the whole thing with Gilcor may I remind you that even though Gliscor came back Ash wound up catching two pokemon instead of just one when Gliscor left for training. So even if Goodra did come back for the league Ash would still catch two more pokemon instead of one.

Franckie

Pulling a Gible is possible.An unevolved pokemon that feats are all league related is not that bad.

What was Gible's league feats? Defeating two of Conway's pokemon and getting owned by Darkrai? If possible, I'd like to avoid seeing something like that again. Preferably, I'd rather see a fully-assembled team by the time Ash confronts Wulfric. I think it'd be nice to let all the pokemon have some gym action before its league time. Here, Ash's Kalos team will probably be forced to share the spotlight with Ash's other pokemon.

Navin

MALDREAD
Updated Gym Battle Record for Ash's Pokemon:

Pikachu: 5-2

- L vs Viola's Surskit
- W vs Viola's Surskit
- W vs Viola's Vivillon *
- W vs Grant's Tyrunt *
- W vs Korrina's Mega Lucario *
- W vs Clemont's Bunnelby
- L vs Clemont's Luxray

Fletchinder: 3-5

- W vs Viola's Surskit
- L vs Viola's Vivllon
- L vs Viola's Vivillon
- L vs Grant's Tyrunt
- W vs Korrina's Machoke
- L vs Korrina's Mega Lucario
- W vs Ramos' Jumpluff
- L vs Ramos' Weepingbel

Frogadier: 3-1

- W vs Grant's Onix
- L vs Grant's Tyrunt
- W vs Ramos' Weepingbel
- W vs Ramos' Gogoat *

Hawlucha: 2-3

- W vs Korrina's Mienfoo
- L vs Korrina's Mega Lucario
- L vs Ramos' Weepingbel
- W vs Clemont's Heliolisk
- L vs Clemont's Luxray

Goodra: 1-0

- W vs Clemont's Luxray *

* Represent wins against the Gym Leader's final Pokemon

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
What was Gible's league feats? Defeating two of Conway's pokemon and getting owned by Darkrai? If possible, I'd like to avoid seeing something like that again. Preferably, I'd rather see a fully-assembled team by the time Ash confronts Wulfric.

It did land a super effective Rock Smash on that Darkrai, also being complimented on its incredibly powerful Draco Meteor, which may I quote from Tobias "would defeat any other Pokemon"..

Status
Not open for further replies.