• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming gym battles thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

It did land a super effective Rock Smash on that Darkrai, also being complimented on its incredibly powerful Draco Meteor, which may I quote from Tobias "would defeat any other Pokemon"..

I do wish Gible had been caught earlier so it would have gotten more screen time and maybe even evolve into a Gabite.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I hate to break it to you, but we passed the Canalave Gym a long time ago..

Hihihi. Even if Ash did catch a Riolu, it would probably flop against Valerie's team anyway unless it evolves before that, which would be too quick imo.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
What was Gible's league feats? Defeating two of Conway's pokemon and getting owned by Darkrai? If possible, I'd like to avoid seeing something like that again. Preferably, I'd rather see a fully-assembled team by the time Ash confronts Wulfric. I think it'd be nice to let all the pokemon have some gym action before its league time. Here, Ash's Kalos team will probably be forced to share the spotlight with Ash's other pokemon.
You literally just said it. Gible carried Ash through a Top 16 match-up against a formidable foe and then ended up not only weakening Darkrai, but also impressing Tobias with his Draco Meteor. So yeah it did quite well in the League. Better League feats than Staraptor, Buizel, Torterra for sure. Debatable as to whether its League feats trump Gliscor's. Only Pikachu and Infernape truly did better from the Sinnoh Team at the League than Gible.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
It is big though in my view compared to his avian predecessors' win ratios during the same time period of their respective sagas at least. Fletchinder's doing good, so he can sit out at the Laverre Gym imo.

Again, though, Fletchinder's doing basically as good as Frogadier and only slightly better than Hawlucha, and both of them have had arguably more impressive wins than him (Frogadier over Gogoat and Hawlucha over Heliolisk, both of them at disadvantages to a Gym Leader's main - or, in Heliolisk's case, former main - Pokemon, whereas Fletchinder's Gym wins were all over Pokemon it had a significant type advantage over).

so who want to bet that they'll change Wulfric starter form Avalugg to mega Abomasnow.

I don't think it's super likely, but I wouldn't be surprised by it either. I think either way would be perfectly fine.

Last edited:

dp045

Well guess against Valerie Ash uses Pikachu, Fletchinder and Frogadier since Goodra would be released (not confirmed), to Hawlucha will give you a break after three gyms followed as not seen to capture anything at least in the next episodes until XY78 that should be transmitted before the movie. It would not be as wrong to think this because Ideally for Fletchinder star in this gym and give him victory without being overshadowed by Ash Goodra (which could be the star) or fifth Pokémon that Ash capture.

ShadowForce720

Well guess against Valerie Ash uses Pikachu, Fletchinder and Frogadier since Goodra would be released (not confirmed), to Hawlucha will give you a break after three gyms followed as not seen to capture anything at least in the next episodes until XY78 that should be transmitted before the movie. It would not be as wrong to think this because Ideally for Fletchinder star in this gym and give him victory without being overshadowed by Ash Goodra (which could be the star) or fifth Pokémon that Ash capture.

I doubt that Frogadier would be used in the 6th gym battle as they will probably save it for the 7th gym battle. Also Goodra is most likely leaving so it won't star here. Also although I don't see Ash capturing any pokemon in episode 71 I do think's possible that he could catch a pokemon in the episodes after that. So a capture could happen in episode 72 at the earliest.

Lorde

so who want to bet that they'll change Wulfric starter form Avalugg to mega Abomasnow.

By then Mega Abomasnow might not even be that relevant though; I'd rather see Wulfric use a future Z/X2/Y2 Ice-type Mega if he needs one at all.

dp045

By then Mega Abomasnow might not even be that relevant though; I'd rather see Wulfric use a future Z/X2/Y2 Ice-type Mega if he needs one at all.

I think it better to have a Mega-Glalie because if you get a Mega and Abomasnow would prove to be the third gym Kalos that stronger / star (and therefore the last) series of the Pokémon Sinnoh, then better would be a it Glalie because finally it is related to Hoen and Remeka Ruby / Sapphire clear that by then the hype no longer would exist on these games and is available the "Z / X & Y 2" but if you add a new mega-ice kind Glaie I think is the best option.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Now that you do mention it Mega Glalie would be more relevant to ORAS for Wulfric to have, that is if the writers even intend for him to have a Mega.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach

The saga is set in Kalos, though. Regardless of how long it's been, the Kalos Mega Evolutions will still be relevant. If Wulfric does use a Mega, I definitely think it would be Abomasnow over Glalie. Guess we'll see if the theoretical Z/X2Y2 brings anything new to the table that could be of interest.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
New prediction based off the ending spoilers (Noibat and Eevee are both apparently joining the main cast, and I'm hoping Eevee is Ash's):

Ash vs. Valerie
Fletchinder vs. Mr. Mime (Fletchinder is recalled)
Pikachu vs. Mr. Mime (Pikachu)
Pikachu vs. Mawile (Mawile)
Fletchinder vs. Mawile (Fletchinder)
Fletchinder vs. Spritzee (Spritzee)
Eevee vs. Spritzee (Eevee evolves into Sylveon and wins)

Lorde

Would be that Ash would get Lucario (Mega) before Wulfric battle

Idk why he couldn't simply use Hawlucha against Wulfric instead, seeing as it's already his Fighting-type in XY.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Editing my last prediction already, as it seems that Eevee is Serena's and Noibat is Ash's. Suddenly having Spritzee as Valerie's main is making a lot more sense if we end up with something like:

Ash vs. Valerie
Noibat vs. Mr. Mime (Noibat is recalled)
Noibat vs. Spritzee (Noibat)

nickdt

Editing my last prediction already, as it seems that Eevee is Serena's and Noibat is Ash's. Suddenly having Spritzee as Valerie's main is making a lot more sense if we end up with something like:

Ash vs. Valerie
Noibat vs. Mr. Mime (Noibat is recalled)
Noibat vs. Spritzee (Noibat)

It is not certain its Ash's, because Noibat also appeared with TRio's pokemon. James gets robbed if it is and i hope Ash is gonna down big time against a full team of Electrics with all his flying types and a water type. Ash needs a pokemon that can counter the teams weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.