• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming gym battles thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

That sounds really quick given XY's current pacing IMO, and personally, I kinda want Ash to have at least one team change before the gym ,not that it is needed by any means.

well I just said around episode 75 so Ash probably could catch a new pokemon and/or evolve one of his pokemon by the 6th gym battle so the gym battle would probably be episode 74,75,76,77,78, or 79 so I think there would still be enough time for at least one more team change before the 6th gym and after the 6th gym judging from the distance between the 6th and the 7th gym I could see him have even more team changes.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
But what would Ash use against Valarie? I mean he doesn't have any Poison or Steel type moves on him currently and Pikachu's Iron Tail can't take out ALL of her Pokemon. It'll eventually get tired and need a rest from battling so hard.

phanpycross

God-king
But what would Ash use against Valarie? I mean he doesn't have any Poison or Steel type moves on him currently and Pikachu's Iron Tail can't take out ALL of her Pokemon. It'll eventually get tired and need a rest from battling so hard.

I guess fletchinder's steel wing and fairy resist might have to lend a hand.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Why do the types of moves he'll use against her team matter though? He'll win the Fairy Badge regardless of type issues.

phanpycross

God-king
Actually, that raises a good question, why would they get rid of Ash's dragon before they can use it to promote the fairy leader?

Goodra's potential release seems both stupider and more likely as every day goes by.

Ozonne

Actually, that raises a good question, why would they get rid of Ash's dragon before they can use it to promote the fairy leader?

Goodra's potential release seems both stupider and more likely as every day goes by.

Maybe it's possible that Goodra will not do so well at Clemont's gym, and will actually star in Valerie's gym before/during the whole Swamp arc?

Gahhhh, 90% of me is positive that Goodra is leaving, and I feel like the remaining 10% that's unsure is just desperate hope that it won't go at this point LOL xD

ShadowForce720

Well besides Pikachu and Fletchinder having steel type moves on them that they could use he could catch a Skrelp, Honedge, or Kelfki, Although Honedge might be more likely though unless there is a river some where along the way in which he could catch a Skrelp well then again if they plan on him catching a Skrelp I'm sure they'll think of something. As for Kelfki I'm not really sure it's like a part of me thinks it's possible but the other part of me thinks that he is probably not going to get a Kelfki.

Lorde

Maybe it's possible that Goodra will not do so well at Clemont's gym, and will actually star in Valerie's gym before/during the whole Swamp arc?

I'm pretty sure he'll go back to the swamp before the Laverre City arc since we've seen scenes from the swamp, but not any of Laverre City or Valerie.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The only reason I brought up Valerie is because even though Ash has a Goodra, it's not likely to be able to do much and I'm sure Valerie's Pokemon will take it out quickly due to type advantage. It HAS happened before to Ash.

ShadowForce720

The only reason I brought up Valerie is because even though Ash has a Goodra, it's not likely to be able to do much and I'm sure Valerie's Pokemon will take it out quickly due to type advantage. It HAS happened before to Ash.

Well I know some people are saying that it should star because it is weak against fairy type moves and all but if it's move set is still Rain Dance, Bide, Dragon Breath, and Dragon Pulse then I think it would be an extremely bad mistake to use it in the 6th gym because of the fact that it's only 2 attacking moves are made completely useless against Fairy types because of the fact that Fairy type pokemon are immune to Dragon type moves and considering the fact that they even made an episode about it and that Goodra was scared of Fairy type pokemon until the episode after it's capture as a Goomy I don't see Dragon type moves suddenly working on Fairy types So considering the only move that could it could use that would do damage is bide but it has to take damage to be able to use it and Plus I don't think Goodra would be able to take that many super effective hits before going down so it would be for the best that Goodra is used here and plus if it leaves it will probably be before the 6th gym. Although I think the pokemon Ash will use and I'm going under the assumption that it's going to be a normal 3v3 unless it is otherwise revealed later that its not. So the pokemon that he will probably use in the 6th gym would probably be Pikachu(due to having a steel type move), Feltchinder(due to having a steel type move), and a new capture ( Skrelp, Honedge, or Kelfki) with either Fletchinder or the new capture staring and if Fletchinder stars then maybe it will evolve. Also on the matter of Pikachu obviously if Ash captured 2 of the 3 possible captures that would be handy in the 6th gym battle or if it winds up being a 2v2 then Ash probably wouldn't use Pikachu.

Lorde

It could happen, but then again the writers could simply ignore type disadvantage and have Goodra win against Valerie's Fairy Pokemon too. It's 50/50 imho.

pokemonbw01

Who's the daddy? Me!
I guess Ash wil use Pikachu, Talonflame (evolves in the battle) and Goodra, where Goodra learns some poison type move to win Ash the badge and eliminate its fear over fairy types once and for all. Talonflame and Pikachu should be able to take out one pokemon each imo.

Lorde

I guess Ash wil use Pikachu, Talonflame (evolves in the battle) and Goodra, where Goodra learns some poison type move to win Ash the badge and eliminate its fear over fairy types once and for all. Talonflame and Pikachu should be able to take out one pokemon each imo.

We have strong reasons to think that Goodra might leave before said Gym match though, so I don't think we'll see this Gym battle scenario play out.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

I'm guessing Goodra will be leaving soon, so it might get 2 wins (Heliolisk & Luxray), with Pikachu getting a win on Bunnelby. If that's the case, I don't even care who Ash's third Pokémon is. I personally wouldn't want it to happen that way, but at least if Goodra leaves, the others (especially Hawlucha) have a greater chance to get more wins in the later gyms).

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm guessing Goodra will be leaving soon, so it might get 2 wins (Heliolisk & Luxray), with Pikachu getting a win on Bunnelby. If that's the case, I don't even care who Ash's third Pokémon is. I personally wouldn't want it to happen that way, but at least if Goodra leaves, the others (especially Hawlucha) have a greater chance to get more wins in the later gyms).

Which is why it's a shame that they did this in the first place, they could've given Hawlucha some development in the time they went and took the Goodra-detour.. Now Ash still has two critters to catch, but pretty much has still has to develop Hawlucha from the ground up as well. And it still has few chances, because of Valerie and Olympia specializing in countering Fighting-types..

ShadowForce720

Which is why it's a shame that they did this in the first place, they could've given Hawlucha some development in the time they went and took the Goodra-detour.. Now Ash still has two critters to catch, but pretty much has still has to develop Hawlucha from the ground up as well. And it still has few chances, because of Valerie and Olympia specializing in countering Fighting-types..

Well technically they could let it star in the 8th gym and let Greninja have it's moment at the league or share the moment with another pokemon in the 7th gym battle.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Well technically they could let it star in the 8th gym and let Greninja have it's moment at the league or share the moment with another pokemon in the 7th gym battle.

Hoping for Super Flying Night Slash at Olympia's team. Hoping that it's a double battle. It would need to go through a lot of development if it's going to "claim" the starring role in the last gym battle. It's probably just going to be Pikachu, Talonflame and Greninja taking that gym. I'd be surprised if its even in it. Things are grim for the fifth and sixth team members.. There's just no room for them to be put into more then one gym battle without another being screwed over.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Hoping for Super Flying Night Slash at Olympia's team. Hoping that it's a double battle. It would need to go through a lot of development if it's going to "claim" the starring role in the last gym battle. It's probably just going to be Pikachu, Talonflame and Greninja taking that gym. I'd be surprised if its even in it. Things are grim for the fifth and sixth team members.. There's just no room for them to be put into more then one gym battle without another being screwed over.

Well we could face a hoenn scenario and get a glalie on a last team addition. But hawlucha has suffered hard on its battling progress despite getting the character focus a couple of times.

Lorde

I don't think he'll get two wins regardless of if he stays or goes, but him starring against Luxray seems more evident as the new info rolls in imho.

ShadowForce720

The fifth and sixth team members could shine at the league or maybe one would shine with Greninja in the 7th gym battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.