• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming gym battles thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
The fifth and sixth team members could shine at the league or maybe one would shine with Greninja in the 7th gym battle.

Like I said it could be a glalie or gible(His role was good for a late capture nfe) scenario, but that doesn't save hawlucha...

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Actually, I think Goodra will stick around and be a major role in defeating Wulfric. I know it sounds like a longshot but I think it's possible. IUnless the animators recreate Wulfric's entire team, he really shouldnb't be too hard to handle for goodra.

ShadowForce720

Actually, I think Goodra will stick around and be a major role in defeating Wulfric. I know it sounds like a longshot but I think it's possible. IUnless the animators recreate Wulfric's entire team, he really shouldnb't be too hard to handle for goodra.

Yeah I highly doubt Goodra is not going to be release although I do think it will come back for the league.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Like I said it could be a glalie or gible(His role was good for a late capture nfe) scenario, but that doesn't save hawlucha...

While I like Ash's Gible, I still don't see it being a "full member" of Ash's Sinnoh team. Perhaps it had to do with only fighting in two battles in the league. But that's subjective I guess.

Glalie got used vs. Juan if I remember correctly (as a Snorunt) and starred in several league battles (vs. Charizard, vs. Metang).

Even so, I'll just do what I came here for, which is list which Pokemon I think are likely to be used in the last three gyms and show how hard it will be for the last two captures to get usage. Heck, perhaps just last two if we rush to Laverre City..

Laverre Gym:
- Pikachu: Iron Tail
- Fletchinder: Resist

Olympia Gym:
- Pikachu if she uses Sigilyph and Slowking
- Greninja if it has evolved.
- If it's a double battle, then:
...- Hawlucha and Frogadier/Greninja: Super Flying Night Slash

Wulfric Gym:
- Pikachu: Iron Tail
- Talonflame
- Hawlucha
- Greninja (just because it's the fully evolved starter quite likely).

So that leaves one easy spot open for the Laverre Gym, while a few variables decide on whether how many slots are open for the Olympia battle. If it's a two on two double battle, then that pretty much seals the deal for me that we won't see a new capture battle in that gym, and Wulfric's gym is already overcrowded.

ShadowForce720

Well I think the pokemon that will be used in the next 3 gym battles will be this.

6th Gym Battle:
Pikachu: Iron Tail
Fletchinder/Talonflame: Steel wing and Resistance to Fairy type moves
New 5th Capture : resistant to Fairy type moves or has moves that are super effective against Fairy type pokemon.

Here Pikachu obviously has Iron Tail which would be good so it will probably be used. While Fletchinder has Steel Wing and resist fairy type moves and it may even evolve before or during the 6th gym battle. In the case of the third pokemon I think it's very likely to be a new capture that has either a move that is super effective or is resistant itself to Fairy type attacks(although I'm not sure if it would evolve here or not). Now for who might star in the gym battle I would say either Fletchinder if it evolves into Talonflame or the new 5th capture.

7th Gym Battle:
Frogadier/Greninja: May evolve before or during the match and will probably gain Night Slash which will probably replace cut as well as becoming immune to Psychic type attacks.
New 6th capture: May evolve before or during the match and will either be resistant or immune to Psychic type moves or will have moves that are super effective against Psychic type pokemon.

From the way it's looking in the fact that the 7th gym leader has both a male and female Meowstic I think it will likely be a double battle. So I think Frogadier is either going to be evolving before or during the 7th gym battle. Also the other pokemon to be used would probably be a new 6th capture that depending on what happens may evolve here. So I think that both Greninja and the 6th capture will star here and who knows maybe both Frogadier and the 6th capture will evolve during the match at the same time.

8th Gym Battle:
Pikachu: Iron Tail
Talonflame: resistant to Ice types and have moves that are super effective against Ice types.
Hawlucha: resistant to Ice types and have moves that are super effective against Ice types.
Greninja : (Other then being a Fully evolved Starter not really sure what it could offer against this gym).
5th capture(same pokemon from the 6th gym): may have moves that are super effective against Ice types or be resistant to them and may evolve before or during the gym battle.
6th capture(same pokemon from the 7th gym): may have moves that are super effective against Ice types or be resistant to them and may evolve before or during the gym battle.

For this gym battle the more I think about the more I think it would make sense if it wound up being a 6vs6 I know that in the games it's not but since the gyms aren't exactly sticking to the teams they had in the game I think it's possible and what better way to conclude the badge quest by making the last gym battle that Ash will have before the league a 6vs6 since it allows his whole Team to come out also I think between the 5th and 6th capture one of them would have evolved in or before a previous gym battle while the one that didn't evolves here although I think it would most likely be the 5th capture. Also this would mean that all the all of them would be participating while giving a chance to shine before the league and then if Greninja or Pikachu were to star here they could take down the last pokemon but the others that may need a win would get at least one win before they go to the league.

So what do you think of that idea?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It wont happen, but it would be so cool if they recreated charizard's seismic toss with greinija except for night slash and have it be like his final smash.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Dragons are weak against Ice-types though, and even by anime standards, I don't see him doing much there.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Eh, I haven't done predictions for awhile. Here are my newest ones:

Ash vs. Clemont
Pikachu vs. Bunnelby (Pikachu and recalled)
Frogadier vs. Heliolisk (Heliolisk)
Goodra vs. Heliolisk (Goodra and recalled)
Pikachu vs. Luxray (Luxray)
Goodra vs. Luxray (Goodra)

Ash vs. Valerie
Fletchinder vs. Sylveon/Mr. Mime (Fletchinder is recalled)
Pikachu vs. Sylveon/Mr. Mime (Sylveon/Mr. Mime)
6th vs. Sylveon/Mr. Mime (6th)
6th vs. Mawile (Mawile)
Fletchinder vs. Mawile (Fletchinder)
Fletchinder vs. Aromatisse (Fletchinder)

Ash vs. Olympia
Hawlucha and Frogadier/6th vs. Meowstic and Meowstic (Hawlucha and Frogadier/6th)

Ash vs. Wulfric
Talonflame vs. Abomasnow (Abomasnow)
Greninja vs. Abomasnow (Greninja)
Greninja vs. Cryogonal (Greninja)
Greninja vs. Avalugg (Avalugg)
Pikachu vs. Avalugg (Pikachu)

. . . I really don't think my Wulfric prediction is ever going to change :p Although if Goodra does return by then, I could see it being used in the battle.

ShadowForce720

Eh, I haven't done predictions for awhile. Here are my newest ones:

Ash vs. Clemont
Pikachu vs. Bunnelby (Pikachu and recalled)
Frogadier vs. Heliolisk (Heliolisk)
Goodra vs. Heliolisk (Goodra and recalled)
Pikachu vs. Luxray (Luxray)
Goodra vs. Luxray (Goodra)

Ash vs. Valerie
Fletchinder vs. Sylveon/Mr. Mime (Fletchinder is recalled)
Pikachu vs. Sylveon/Mr. Mime (Sylveon/Mr. Mime)
6th vs. Sylveon/Mr. Mime (6th)
6th vs. Mawile (Mawile)
Fletchinder vs. Mawile (Fletchinder)
Fletchinder vs. Aromatisse (Fletchinder)

Ash vs. Olympia
Hawlucha and Frogadier/6th vs. Meowstic and Meowstic (Hawlucha and Frogadier/6th)

Ash vs. Wulfric
Talonflame vs. Abomasnow (Abomasnow)
Greninja vs. Abomasnow (Greninja)
Greninja vs. Cryogonal (Greninja)
Greninja vs. Avalugg (Avalugg)
Pikachu vs. Avalugg (Pikachu)

. . . I really don't think my Wulfric prediction is ever going to change :p Although if Goodra does return by then, I could see it being used in the battle.

I think their a few things that you haven't accounted for like Fletchinder possibly evolving before or during the 6th gym battle while Frogadier will probably evolve before or during the 7th gym battle also the fact that there is probably going to be two more captures and not just one. Oh and I really think that the 8th gym will be a 6vs6 since what better way to top the previous 7 gym battle other then by having a 6vs6 and plus it would allow Ash pokemon to shine. Also maybe Wulfric will have a mega because it is the last gym battle which is suppose to be the hardest so it would make some degree of since if Wulfric had a mega and had his battles as a 6vs6 and plus if Goodra does return it will probably be after the 8th gym battle but before the league.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I think their a few things that you haven't accounted for like Fletchinder possibly evolving before or during the 6th gym battle while Frogadier will probably evolve before or during the 7th gym battle also the fact that there is probably going to be two more captures and not just one. Oh and I really think that the 8th gym will be a 6vs6 since what better way to top the previous 7 gym battle other then by having a 6vs6 and plus it would allow Ash pokemon to shine. Also maybe Wulfric will have a mega because it is the last gym battle which is suppose to be the hardest so it would make some degree of since if Wulfric had a mega and had his battles as a 6vs6 and plus if Goodra does return it will probably be after the 8th gym battle but before the league.

I do agree that Fletchinder could evolve before or during the sixth Gym, I wouldn't be surprised by that. I will be very surprised though if Frogadier evolves before or during the seventh Gym, I think that would be pretty early for it, I don't think it'll evolve until around the time of the eighth Gym. And I really do hope that they do something special for the Wulfric battle, like having it be 6v6 or having Mega Abomasnow, but I don't really think it's a strong possibility. Still, I'll keep my fingers crossed for it.

Didn't the Opening imply that she'll use Spritzee as her ace though? It might not even evolve into Aromatisse imo; watch Valerie be the weakest Kalos Gym Leader.~

It very well could be, but I don't necessarily believe the opening is saying that Spritzee itself will be her ace, it could evolve or have something else used as the main Pokemon instead. It obviously implies that Spritzee will be a main Pokemon of hers, but it could be like Flannery's Magcargo or Gardenia's Turtwig, just a Pokemon that has a rather large role outside of the Gym battle itself but isn't actually the star of the Gym. Still, you have a fair point, Spritzee could very well be Valerie's ace. It would make a bit of sense if Fletchinder were to star, since they could have an aerial battle, whereas Aromatisse couldn't fulfill that role.

Dax

Legend
She can't have Spritzee. I refuse to have a leader that uses a Spritzee as her ace right after Ash defeated a Mega Lucario, a Gogoat, a Heliolisk and a Luxray. It's just not even comparable. And I pity Fletchinder if it has to go against such a tiny pokemon because then it will get more dragged than it already is.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
She can't have Spritzee. I refuse to have a leader that uses a Spritzee as her ace right after Ash defeated a Mega Lucario, a Gogoat, a Heliolisk and a Luxray. It's just not even comparable. And I pity Fletchinder if it has to go against such a tiny pokemon because then it will get more dragged than it already is.

WOuld you rather have fletch be fodder or at least just take down an easier pokemon?
?

Herdheaven

I can see Valerie using Sylveon as her strongest Pokemon first kind of like how Elesa used Zebstrika first. Then her last Pokemon would probably be Spritzee.

ShadowForce720

I can see Valerie using Sylveon as her strongest Pokemon first kind of like how Elesa used Zebstrika first. Then her last Pokemon would probably be Spritzee.

Elesa's Zebstrika wasn't her strongest pokemon, Elesa's strongest pokemon was Tynamo. So if Sylveon is used first I don't think it will be her strongest pokemon.

Lorde

Are you implying that our good sis Fletchinder would lose to Spritzee? 'Cause I thought he was a future "powerhouse."

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Are you implying that our good sis Fletchinder would lose to Spritzee? 'Cause I thought he was a future "powerhouse."

He'll be on part with all the other evolved birds...aka just there and strong, but nothing too special.

ShadowForce720

He'll be on part with all the other evolved birds...aka just there and strong, but nothing too special.

Actually I think Fletchinder is proving to be stronger then a lot of the others and also it's the only one that was able to get a win and it's base form and in the last 2 gym battles it was in it manage to get a win while in the battle at the second gym it manage to get a hit off of Tyrunt. I think once it becomes a Talonflame it will be quite the powerhouse.

Lorde

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't think he'll seriously achieve much. I still think he should star against Olympia though, just because.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't think he'll seriously achieve much. I still think he should star against Olympia though, just because.

I want him to get ome time to shine, but there isnt going to be much after evolving. I doubt olympia because that just screams double moeowstic battle with frogadier/greninja and hawlucha.

Status
Not open for further replies.