• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming gym battles thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

I want him to get ome time to shine, but there isnt going to be much after evolving. I doubt olympia because that just screams double moeowstic battle with frogadier/greninja and hawlucha.

Although I agree with Frogadier/Greninja being in it and it being a double battle I don't see why Hawlucha would be sent in there when all of it attacks are short range and it could easily be stop by a psychic attack like confusion. I think it would be more likely to be Ash new 6th capture rather then Hawlucha.

Dax

Legend
I want him to get ome time to shine, but there isnt going to be much after evolving. I doubt olympia because that just screams double moeowstic battle with frogadier/greninja and hawlucha.

How does it scream that when Hawlucha is basically Ash's worst choice for that battle?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
How does it scream that when Hawlucha is basically Ash's worst choice for that battle?

This is the anime, sis. The writers could simply ignore his type disadvantage.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Cállate. Eso ya lo sé.

It's just that the phrase "screams Hawlucha" when we barely know anything about the battle feels hasty.

We dont, but we see in the opening that olympia is there with both meowstics right next to eachother, and it just seems likely that it will be a double battle, and it would be awkward if half the battle is just fletchlind flying above over head...it just seems like knowing the anime they would avoid this.

ShadowForce720

We dont, but we see in the opening that olympia is there with both meowstics right next to eachother, and it just seems likely that it will be a double battle, and it would be awkward if half the battle is just fletchlind flying above over head...it just seems like knowing the anime they would avoid this.

No one is saying that it isn't a battle what we are saying is it doesn't make sense to send out Hawlucha in the 7th gym battle. Also I think it's more likely going to be Frogadier/Greninja and the new 6th capture. while the 5th gym battle will have the new 5th capture in it.

phanpycross

God-king
No one is saying that it isn't a battle what we are saying is it doesn't make sense to send out Hawlucha in the 7th gym battle. Also I think it's more likely going to be Frogadier/Greninja and the new 6th capture. while the 5th gym battle will have the new 5th capture in it.

But the fifth gym battle is in two episodes with Clemont?

ShadowForce720

Ahh, in that case I agree, but that means that the sixth gym battle would take place after the movie, not that Im not expecting that.

Actually I think the sixth gym battle will take place before the movie and the reason why the new 5th capture could be in it is that keep in mind that while we didn't see it in the Bio and other stuff related to the movie it could easily show up in a poster or something related to the movie once we get closer to when the movie is going to air. Because remember Hawlucha wasn't in the character bio and stuff related to movie 17 until we got close to when movie 17 aired and a poster was released that Ash's Fletchling was going to evolve and Ash was going to capture Hawlucha. So the new 5th capture might be the same way.

phanpycross

God-king
Actually I think the sixth gym battle will take place before the movie and the reason why the new 5th capture could be in it is that keep in mind that while we didn't see it in the Bio and other stuff related to the movie it could easily show up in a poster or something related to the movie once we get closer to when the movie is going to air. Because remember Hawlucha wasn't in the character bio and stuff related to movie 17 until we got close to when movie 17 aired and a poster was released that Ash's Fletchling was going to evolve and Ash was going to capture Hawlucha. So the new 5th capture might be the same way.

Maybe so, but even then, hawlucha still showed up in merch and trailers, and Ash's potential fifth hasnt yes, so Im doubtful.

maybe the writers are being sneaky, and it's actually avalugg :O

ShadowForce720

Maybe so, but even then, hawlucha still showed up in merch and trailers, and Ash's potential fifth hasnt yes, so Im doubtful.

maybe the writers are being sneaky, and it's actually avalugg :O

yeah but wasn't the same said for Hawlucha until we started getting closer to the movie airing and him catching Hawlucha. Also another thing to consider is that Goodra is most likely leaving so it wouldn't make sense to have Goodra leave and then have him wait until after the movie airs to give Ash his next capture. So if Goodra leaves then it would make sense that after Goodra leaves that within 10 episodes at the most he will capture his new 5th pokemon.

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Updated Predictions:
Clemont (3v3)
Pikachu: 1 Win
Hawlucha: 1 Win
Goodra: 1 Win (Final KO)

Valerie (3v3)
5th Capture: 1 Win
Frogadier: 1 Win
Fletchinder: 1 Win (Final KO)

Olympia (4v4 (Double Battle Format))
Frogadier and 6th Capture: 1 Win (Final KOs)

Wulfric (4v4)
6th Capture: 1 Win
Talonflame: 1 Win
Pikachu: 1 Win (Final KO)

Last edited:

Lorde

Ash could use Pikachu or some future capture instead for the double battle though, which I'd personally prefer.

Franckie

Updated Predictions:
Clemont (3v3)
Goodra: 1 Win (Final KO)

Valerie (3v3)
Frogadier: 1 Win
Fletchinder: 1 Win (Final KO)

Olympia (4v4 (Double Battle Format))
Frogadier and 6th Capture: 1 Win (Final KOs)

Wulfric (4v4)
6th Capture: 1 Win
Talonflame: 1 Win
Pikachu: 1 Win (Final KO)

Interesting. I especially like the idea of a double battle format against Olympia. I don't think Ash will win so many, however. Look at what happened in all his previous gym battles:

• vs. Viola (2on2): Ash wins by 1 pokemon
  • vs. Grant (3 vs. 2): Ash wins by 1 pokemon
  • vs. Korrina (3on3): Ash wins by 1 pokemon
  • vs. Ramos (3on3): Ash wins by 1 pokemon

Ash has yet to dominate a gym fight. I don't think Clemont will break this trend because of the plot significance and hype of the fight. Predictably, the rest of the gym leaders will follow suit.

I think Ash will only begin to dominate gym leaders when he confronts them again at the Battle Chateau.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Interesting. I especially like the idea of a double battle format against Olympia. I don't think Ash will win so many, however. Look at what happened in all his previous gym battles:

Ash has yet to dominate a gym fight. I don't think Clemont will break this trend because of the plot significance and hype of the fight. Predictably, the rest of the gym leaders will follow suit.

I think Ash will only begin to dominate gym leaders when he confronts them again at the Battle Chateau.
Oh I was just listing the number if victories I expect Ash's chosen Pokemon to get not whether they'd survive the battle. I expect that for all of his battles barring Olympia Ash will win by 1 Pokemon. For Olympia I predict Ash losing initially then winning the rematch (also predicting that Frogadier loses the 1st battle and might evolve during training for the rematch).

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad

Presuming there will be a back track to the Chateau. though its possible he might encounter them in the Maison though I'm not holding my breath. You are right though about Ash's score so far however I'm thinking he's going to lose at least once and I'm willing to bet to Wulfric

Franckie

Presuming there will be a back track to the Chateau. though its possible he might encounter them in the Maison though I'm not holding my breath. You are right though about Ash's score so far however I'm thinking he's going to lose at least once and I'm willing to bet to Wulfric

True, true. Still, I'm thinking how long XY will be. Unova was the shortest, with 144 episodes judging by Wikipedia. So far, XY has 65 episodes, and I expect Ash to win all 8 badges by episode 100. Either XY will be short by historical standards, or XY will be stretched out, with the Battle Chateau serving in a manner reminiscent of the Battle Frontier and the Orange Islands. If the writes go this route, I suspect the Kalos League will occur after Ash is finished competing in the Battle Chateau.

Lorde

I honestly doubt he'll go back there. I mean why does he even need to re-battle the Kalos Gym Leaders that he's already won badges from?

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Knowing full well that Pikachu has Iron Tail... why would he not be used in the gym battle vs Valerie? If you reply he wouldn't know weakness, this show already dictates Ash gets stronger offscreen then when he's on it

Status
Not open for further replies.