• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Upcoming gym battles thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain America X

For the same reason as why Grovyle was the fall guy against Juan.

But Grovyle who also had 2 other fall guy moments before was nowhere near as popular as Frogadier is .Plus why would they make every single one of Ash's pokemon get a win even the ones who have a type disadvantage but let Frogadier who has no such problem be the fall guy while an Avalugg gets 2 wins?

Also I doubt Ash is going to evolve all his pokemon unless your implying that Ash won't evolve Frogadier?

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

For the same reason as why Grovyle was the fall guy against Juan.

That does not translate to Avalugg being the star because Pikachu starred against Juan and plus their are plenty of other pokemon that could easily star against Wulfric over Avalugg and considering the fact that Korrina didn't have a Hawlucha and Ash did I think that if Ash does get a Bergmite/Alvalugg then Wulfric won't have one.

Also I doubt Ash is going to evolve all his pokemon

Yeah just like how people doubted Froakie would evolve into Frogadier it's still a Froakie right? Oh wait that's right it evolved into Frogadier seriously I don't know why people seriously think that Ash is going to evolve all of his pokemon except Pikachu I mean there is still time left.

Last edited:

Captain America X

That does not translate to Avalugg being the star because Pikachu starred against Juan and plus their are plenty of other pokemon that could easily star against Wulfric over Avalugg and considering the fact that Korrina didn't have a Hawlucha and Ash did I think that if Ash does get a Bergmite/Alvalugg then Wulfric won't have one.

Korrina didn't have a Hawlucha most likely to make way for Mega Lucario.They didn't have Hawlucha there most likely because one of the next episodes was a Hawlucha vs Hawlucha fight so they most likely didn't want to do that again.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Korrina didn't have a Hawlucha most likely to make way for Mega Lucario.They didn't have Hawlucha there most likely because one of the next episodes was a Hawlucha vs Hawlucha fight so they most likely didn't want to do that again.

Exactly this. I do agree that her Hawlucha was probably the one dropped because Ash had it, but something was going to get dropped for Lucario no matter what, so Hawlucha just made sense. If Ash does end up getting Bergmite/Avalugg (which I think is one of the strongest possibilities), I don't think that will mean Wulfric won't have one. For one thing, if Ash does catch Bergmite, I don't think it will evolve before the eighth Gym (but I could be wrong, this is obviously pure speculation), and I question whether it would even be used in the Gym at all.

Captain America X

Exactly this. I do agree that her Hawlucha was probably the one dropped because Ash had it, but something was going to get dropped for Lucario no matter what, so Hawlucha just made sense. If Ash does end up getting Bergmite/Avalugg (which I think is one of the strongest possibilities), I don't think that will mean Wulfric won't have one. For one thing, if Ash does catch Bergmite, I don't think it will evolve before the eighth Gym (but I could be wrong, this is obviously pure speculation), and I question whether it would even be used in the Gym at all.

If it's a 6v6 or 5v5 than I guess that Bergmite being used is logically going to happen but if it's a 3v3,or 4v4 than I doubt they would use it there.

Of course they could have Bergmite being used(maybe having 1 win or the fall guy) and losing to Avalugg.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
If it's a 6v6 or 5v5 than I guess that Bergmite being used is logically going to happen but if it's a 3v3,or 4v4 than I doubt they would use it there.

Of course they could have Bergmite being used(maybe having 1 win or the fall guy) and losing to Avalugg.

Well yes, if it's a 6v6, then I obviously think it would be used, but I sincerely doubt it will be anything greater than a 3v3. I could see Bergmite being used as the fall guy on the off-chance that they decided to leave Talonflame or Greninja out.

blob

But Grovyle who also had 2 other fall guy moments before was nowhere near as popular as Frogadier is .Plus why would they make every single one of Ash's pokemon get a win even the ones who have a type disadvantage but let Frogadier who has no such problem be the fall guy while an Avalugg gets 2 wins?

Also I doubt Ash is going to evolve all his pokemon unless your implying that Ash won't evolve Frogadier?

I think it'll evolve at the league.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Imma make a bold prediction and say that Ash gets a Noibat and uses it VS Valerie's Spritzee. That'd sorta justify Spritzee being Valerie's ace, they're pretty evenly matched size wise and it'd have the classic type disadvantage flavour added as well. The Noibat in the Pikachu Short was placed apart from the other "random" mons in the cast list right? Might belong to the main cast.

I'm not sure if he'd need three Flying-types on his team all at once, plus wouldn't a final Laverre Gym match starring Noibat vs. Spritzee feel anti-climactic?

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Even then.Do you really think they are gonna let Ash have a fully evolved team by the league and with him evolving his 5th pokemon in the timespan of 3 gyms and the 6th in 2-3 gyms?

I don't know, I think it could be a possibility in this region, but I do think Ash will probably have at least one unevolved Pokemon. My personal prediction for that is Phantump, with Bergmite/Avalugg being the wild card after. That would leave three more evolutions for Ash in the region, with (imo) Fletchinder evolving around the 6th Gym, Frogadier around the 8th, and Bergmite before the League. Again, just pure speculation on my part.

Speaking of which, if Ash does get two more Pokemon, I wonder if the last one might pull a Gible and not even get a Gym battle, having its chance to shine at the League instead.

Captain America X

I don't know, I think it could be a possibility in this region, but I do think Ash will probably have at least one unevolved Pokemon. My personal prediction for that is Phantump, with Bergmite/Avalugg being the wild card after. That would leave three more evolutions for Ash in the region, with (imo) Fletchinder evolving around the 6th Gym, Frogadier around the 8th, and Bergmite before the League. Again, just pure speculation on my part.

Speaking of which, if Ash does get two more Pokemon, I wonder if the last one might pull a Gible and not even get a Gym battle, having its chance to shine at the League instead.

Pulling a Gible is possible.An unevolved pokemon that feats are all league related is not that bad.

ShadowForce720

I'm fine if it Phantump or Bergmite are captured although I do not want Ash to catch both and plus Honedge seems more likely to be caught before the 6th gym then Phantump. Basically what I'm saying is that Ash would get his new 5th capture before the 6th gym and then his new 6th capture before the 7th gym and that Phantump or Bergmite would wind up being caught after the 6th gym battle. While a Skrelp or Honedge(although it can help with the 3 remaining gyms) would be able to help with the 6th gym, If Ash get's a Torchic I don't know exactly what it would exactly help with other then the 8th gym but I don't think he will catch a Torchic but then again I could be wrong and he winds up catching a Torchic I guess as far as Torchic goes we will have to see. Now Tyrunt could be caught before the 6th or 7th gym since it is able to learn moves that are super effective against all 3 of the remaining gyms although it would have to rely on it's speed a lot. Noibat seems to be more useful for helping with the 7th gym.

NatsuLian

~ VS Clemont

- Pikachu VS Bunnelby, tie
- Goodra VS Heliolisk, Goodra recalled
- Hawlucha VS Heliolisk, Hawlucha
- Hawlucha VS Luxray, Luxray wins
- Goodra VS Luxray, Goodra wins

~ VS Valerie

- Frogadier VS Mr. Mime, Frogadier
- Frogadier VS Spritzee, Spritzee
- Hawlucha VS Sylveon, Sylveon
- Fletchinder --> Talonflame VS Sylveon, Talonflame

~ VS Olympia

- Talonflame VS Sigilyph, Talonflame
- Talonflame VS Slowking, Slowking
- Goodra VS Slowking, Goodra
- Goodra VS Meowstic F., Meowstic F.
- Greninja VS Meowstic F., Greninja
- Greninja VS Meowstic M., Meowstic M.
- Ash's 6th Pokemon VS Meowstic M., Ash's 6th Pokemon

DOUBLE BATTLE:

- Talonflame and Goodra VS Sigilyph and Slowking, Sigilyph and Talonflame are down
- Goodra and Greninja VS Slowking and Meowstic F., Goodra and Slowking are down
- Greninja and 6th Pokemon VS Meowstic F. and Meowstic M., Greninja and Meowstic M. are down
- 6th Pokemon VS Meowstic F., 6th Pokemon

ShadowForce720

~ VS Clemont

- Pikachu VS Bunnelby, tie
- Goodra VS Heliolisk, Goodra recalled
- Hawlucha VS Heliolisk, Hawlucha
- Hawlucha VS Luxray, Luxray wins
- Goodra VS Luxray, Goodra wins

~ VS Valerie

- Frogadier VS Mr. Mime, Frogadier
- Frogadier VS Spritzee, Spritzee
- Hawlucha VS Sylveon, Sylveon
- Fletchinder --> Talonflame VS Sylveon, Talonflame

~ VS Olympia

- Talonflame VS Sigilyph, Talonflame
- Talonflame VS Slowking, Slowking
- Goodra VS Slowking, Goodra
- Goodra VS Meowstic F., Meowstic F.
- Greninja VS Meowstic F., Greninja
- Greninja VS Meowstic M., Meowstic M.
- Ash's 6th Pokemon VS Meowstic M., Ash's 6th Pokemon

DOUBLE BATTLE:

- Talonflame and Goodra VS Sigilyph and Slowking, Sigilyph and Talonflame are down
- Goodra and Greninja VS Slowking and Meowstic F., Goodra and Slowking are down
- Greninja and 6th Pokemon VS Meowstic F. and Meowstic M., Greninja and Meowstic M. are down
- 6th Pokemon VS Meowstic F., 6th Pokemon

A few problems with these predictions. 1. We already know that it is extremely likely that Goodra is leaving before the 6th gym. 2. Where did Spritzee go after it won. 3. Pikachu will most likely be used in the 6th gym battle. 4. Hawlucha is in the 5th gym battle I doubt its going to be in the 6th sense it does have a weakness to Fairy type moves as well as the new 5th capture probably being used here.5. We already know that Spirtzee is Valerie's star pokemon. 6. I'm pretty sure it's going to be Frogadier/Greninja and the new 6th capture against the 2 Meowstic and that will be it for that gym battle. I also think that Frogadier will sit the 6th gym battle out.

ShadowForce720

How close is the Scary House to Laverre City because that might give us an ideal of how many episodes it will take before we get to the 6th gym battle?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
How close is the Scary House to Laverre City because that might give us an ideal of how many episodes it will take before we get to the 6th gym battle?

I hope Ash catches something before Laverre City, because I can't handle the first six gyms to be dominated by either the barely differentiating combination of the same three critters.. The only combination of 3 not used with the four he'll have is: Pikachu, Hawlucha, Frogadier.. Which is basically the team he's using in Lumiose City except that Frogadier is now a Goodra.. -.-

CONCLUSION! Ash needs to capture something in order for the Laverre-team not to be a rehash of a thing we saw before Lumiose City.. He needs fresh meat.

Grant: Pikachu, Frogadier, Fletchinder
Korrina: Pikachu, Fletchinder, Hawlucha
Ramos: Fletchinder, Hawlucha, Frogadier
ClemontNobody: Pikachu, Hawlucha, GoodraFrogadier

Lorde

The only combination of 3 not used with the four he'll have is: Pikachu, Hawlucha, Frogadier.. Which is basically the team he's using in Lumiose City except that Frogadier is now a Goodra.. -.-

It's still not the same line up though, so I'm not sure how that combination would be a bad thing. He'll probably get a new Pokemon by then though, God willing.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I'm fine if it Phantump or Bergmite are captured although I do not want Ash to catch both and plus Honedge seems more likely to be caught before the 6th gym then Phantump.

Just out of curiosity, but why do you think Honedge seems more likely? Is there some evidence for it that I've missed? Not trying to say that I think Phantump is necessarily more likely, I think they're both possibilities, I'm just not sure if there's something I missed.

Lorde

Just out of curiosity, but why do you think Honedge seems more likely? Is there some evidence for it that I've missed? Not trying to say that I think Phantump is necessarily more likely, I think they're both possibilities, I'm just not sure if there's something I missed.

Nothing so far confirms or implies that Ash'll have a Honedge anytime soon, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.